QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

A/T Mode Switch????

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
I must have a couple of bulbs gone or I guess  the switch is knackered(I don,t seem to feel much of a difference in the gearbox when changing positions on the switch)
Have to check it out tommorrow.

Cheers

Dave
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 22:14    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Alaric

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the switch and connections, as you would certainly feel the difference. In hold it feels very sluggish pulling away from a compete stop as it uses 2nd gear, and in PWR you'll notice the revs staying much higher, even if you take your foot off the accelerator.

Alaric.
leafy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I took the A/T MODE switch apart and where it had just been left on normal setting all the time the other contacts had a coating of grunge on them...a quick clean off and I now have the lights up on the dash...........YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Very Happy  Smile  Very Happy  Smile  Very Happy

I noticed the tiny bulb in the switch had blown though so another trip to MAPLINS I guess Very Happy

Dave
seanyboy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 13:50    Post subject: A/T mode switch ? Reply with quote

As above, its on a 3.5 lwb. whats it for please.
Also whats the score with 4x4 gears. do you have to be at atandstill and do you need to put it in reverse for a few yards when going back to 2 wheel drive mode?
Thanks in advance people
Sean Question
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

three modes pwr is more like a sport mode will let revs go up to red line great for acceleration etc, hold for slippery surfaces some use it when towing holds in gears longer then normal mode which shows no lights on dashboard 4x4 can change into and out on move  obviously not at a great speed as for a/t mode have a play thats what its there for
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLD will also stop the kickdown function so when you floor the accelerator it will just go faster slowly.
Select PWR if you're stuck behind a dawdling car or lorry before you decide to overtake it rather than fumbling for it half-way past.
Only select the centre-diff-lock when stopped and in neutral and don't ever use it on tarmac/hard surface or you waon't be able to turn the steering and it'll blow the gearbox to bits. Normal 4x4 mode can be selected at up to 60mph (look for the Japanese sticker on the door with 100kmph) if the lever isn't used regularly then the mechanism can get sticky hence needing to reversa a bit after going back to 4x2 to unlock it, if you do a couple of miles each month in 4x4 and inbetween times push it into 4x4 then back again after a few yards it'll keep it sweet. Encourage it to unlock when rolling by moving steering & on/off the gas etc.
seanyboy

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that chaps. This HOLD/POWER lark, where is this switch. only saw the A/T MODE switch. Thought I had checked all the others ? Embarassed  now I feel like a proper newbie. I pick it up on wednes day so will have a proper look.
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 21:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flick it towards the dash...PWR lights up on the dash...and in a 3.5 ..hang on Shocked  Twisted Evil  Laughing

Flick it back to the rear and HOLD  will light up on the dash  Wink

I prefer PWR.which is Fun from the lights  Twisted Evil Laughing  ...but realistically middle optimum setting for driving around town  Wink
DaiRees

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 19:28    Post subject: A/T Mode? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Been to see a '94 SWB 2800 TD Paj today which I have to say was stunning! Seemed to be in really good condition, but I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I'm looking for one for greenlaning, so I'd like one with the rear locking diff. I believe that there should be a switch marked as "R/D Lock" if it's got a rear locker, which this one didn't appear to have, but there was a switch marked A/T Mode which the owner wasn't sure about. When we tried it the word HOLD appeared on the dash display next to the rear axle so the owner assumed this meant that was the rear diff lock, I suspect that's not the case. What's that swiotch do?

Secondly he said that the orange light that indicates water in the fuel comes on sometimes, but that he's never had any problems with it running and he's had the filters changed yet it's still doing it? What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers
Dai
_Si_

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, question one just got answered here! http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81706&highlight=

Hope someone helps with the other one soon. Smile
DaiRees

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's a fast response, thanks Si! Very Happy  

No rear locker then! Sad
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 2,

It is possibly a short on the sensor or wiring or it could be something worse like the alternator on its way out if any others light up at the same time (like Auto Temp, or charge light).
If it is just a short, you can unplug the sensor and see it it still occurs.

If its the alternator you can use it as a bargaining chip on price  Wink  a new alternator would cost you a little over £100 and half hour to fit it.
DaiRees

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, thanks for the answers guys. What a great forum! Cool

I think I'll hold out for one with a rear locker though, there seem to be plenty avalable at the moment..... Confused
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoggis have 'em fitted as standard  Wink Mate of mine picked up a nice one today 3.0 V6 service history....................LPG converted for a rediculously silly price  Very Happy
MARKS600K1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 21:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I have a Pajero on a 2001 Y plate ( I think it is a 2000 model year) but it came in through europe new, it is a sort of halfway house between most of the pajeros you see i.e ones imported from japan and a Shogun, it has locking rear diff and most of the toys and you can get them at a knock down price.  It also has the dash in MPH and miles on the trip.  My point is you will find the pajero you want you just need to keep looking, the rear lock does have its own button next to the transfer box lever and you get an extra orange light in the super select diagram that lights up when you turn the ignition on, all orange lights should go out after a couple of seconds when its done its checks.

Regards Mark

2000 2.8 auto GLS LWB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: