2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

A/T Mode Switch????

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

ignore??? who us??
consider it ignored Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 23:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Ali L FX

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got to be close to lockdown time ag..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Philco

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is taken from the FAQ section of the main menu.......

Quote:
This switch, adjacent to the automatic shift lever, allows the driver to choose the gear range as appropriate.

There are three positions, POWER, AUTO and HOLD.

POWER: when switched on, the POWER light will show on the dash. In normal driving, with the shift lever in D, the power mode will operate through the full range of gears 1 to 3 plus overdrive when active. In 2, the power mode will only operate through 1 to 2, and in L, the power mode will only operate on the first gear.

AUTO: In auto mode, the transmission will automatically change between POWER and ECONOMY modes as driving conditions define, changing to POWER mode for example when starting a hill ascent.

HOLD: The HOLD light will show on the dash. The transmission will operate in ECONOMY mode through the full range of selected gears, not changing any higher than the selected gear, for example if you have selected L, the transmission will not change up to 2 or higher
grizzly

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks again lads,what would i do without you Question
Alaric

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using "Hold" also forces a 2nd gear pull away, for traction on slippery surfaces.

Alaric.
grizzly

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

so whats best to keep it in for everyday driving?hold?
and what about towing which then
cheers Very Happy
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

leave it in auto,then it uses hold round town and power when you floor it
grizzly

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i take it auto mode is the switch just set in the middle,but nothing shows up on the dash when its there is this normal? Wink
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup
melinden16

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 19:52    Post subject: a/t mode Reply with quote

hello out there, could any body tell me in laymens terms how this a/t system works, because its a great little gadget, also as anybody any feedback on its reliability if it is used often, thanking for any info Mel. Rolling Eyes
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellooooooo Very Happy
Been covered a few times b4 but if you looky here http://www.pocuk.com/faq/atmodeswitch.htm all will be reveiled,if you also go here http://www.pocuk.com/forums/search.php and type in A/T AND mode and that will turn up a heap more too,

Marc
DOUG.COM

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:32    Post subject: AT mode Reply with quote

what is AT mode
(thick me)

darren.b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look here Doug
http://www.pocuk.com/faq/atmodeswitch.htm

hth Darren
marcsparks

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 20:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this one in the Technical FAQ http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8314 Rolling Eyes
jasper65

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:26    Post subject: A/T MODE SWITCH? Reply with quote

Just got my handbook through which is proveing very handy, I'm now up to the bit about the A/T Mode Control which has left me a bit confused, on the Illistration in the book its shows the switch in positions, <ON AND OFF> It also explains about having the switch in Auto Mode? the switch in my Pajero has 3 positions one shows up Power on the dash, the other shows up Hold which has been explained in the Handbook, so I take it that with the switch in the Mid position its in Auto? although nothing is shown on the dash to confirm this Confused.

One other thing thats bugging me is the OverDrive button? do I leave this on all the time for Urban Driveing or when should this be used for the most economical driveing? I'm also not sure if this is working! so far all of my driveing has been with it switched on, the Rev counter shows just over 2000rpm at 60mph, I'll do some tests today to see if it makes any difference with the over/drive switched off? It seems pretty thirsty at the moment and has returned 192KM on £30's worth of fuel which includes a decent long run back from Ipswich when I picked it up, weather this has anything to do with the way I'm driveing I hav'nt got a clue!! but I hav'nt been too heavy on the throttle, any Info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: