2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

biodiesel / svo (split from, Wilkesy's Diary)

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seekay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

beektor what I have been told by C & E is that the 27p rate is for biodiesel which you have to make from waste oil & the vehicle should be able to run on the fuel without any diesel being added to it, svo is classed as a fuel substitute which you have to pay 47p which is the same duty as diesel, after talking to one of the staff at the C & E enquiry office & I was quite assertive with them she did say if I can prove that the svo was at least 96.5% ester with under .005% sulphur I could have the 27p rate, I have tried & tried to find out the contents on some proffessional website that I could download but have had no luck. so will just put up with paying the 47p.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 22:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

jaime

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

We`ve just had a meeting in the pub and unanimously decided to stick two fingers up to mr fox and just carry on doing what we`ve been doing for a long long time.
Foxy, if your honest, you must go home after a hard days work and tell you wife that you`ve just sent a load of bollocks to a couple of fellas who are only trying to reduce their motoring costs after being ripped off by this government and the oil companies.

----------------------------jaime----------------------------
beektor

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

seekay wrote:
beektor what I have been told by C & E is that the 27p rate is for biodiesel which you have to make from waste oil & the vehicle should be able to run on the fuel without any diesel being added to it, svo is classed as a fuel substitute which you have to pay 47p which is the same duty as diesel, after talking to one of the staff at the C & E enquiry office & I was quite assertive with them she did say if I can prove that the svo was at least 96.5% ester with under .005% sulphur I could have the 27p rate, I have tried & tried to find out the contents on some proffessional website that I could download but have had no luck. so will just put up with paying the 47p.

so we are paying for something we are not even sure of? say we are paying 47p for a year and then there will be a chemical analysis of clean vegetable oil later on proving that it has at least 96.5% ester with under .005% sulphur, will we get a rebate?
off to isle of wight. will reply when i come back!
kevin pengelly

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 19:41    Post subject: S.V.O. Reply with quote

Hello to all,
Just a quick observation i've just decided to run the Paj on a 50/50 S.V.O.mix and in my case the Detonation noise is very loud, if you take off as soon as the vehicle starts, its not untill the car as been running for 5 minutes or so before it settles down to normal noise level other than that everythings the same
Kevin in the sticks 2.8 paj
wemfish

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone got to the point of actually paying tax on SVO?

If so what forms did you fill in, what did you say to the C&E and what rate of tax are you paying on the SVO?

This whole topic seams to have no finite answers, what we all really need is solid facts to work with. I would love to go green (and save money) but until I can be sure its not going to cost me a trip to court I will have to stick with Derv.
jaime

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right then, I`ve just got back from a committee meeting. What you do if your stopped is to say absolutely NOTHING, with top teeth pushed tightely on to the bottom ones. In other words look them straight in the eye and say fxxk all. If they decide to prosecute, and after all it is a very SERIOUS crime to evade duty on a couple of litres of veg oil, ask to be tried by your peers. In other words go for trial by jury. With even a rubbishy defending barrister can you in all honesty see a jury convicting anyone of evading duty on this veggy? As I said previously fxxk mr fox and his mates and just use it.

-----------------------------jaime---------------------------------
hongkonger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

seekay wrote:
.....with under .005% sulphur........

would that be by mass or by volume?

Not sure if canola oil is any use. However, canola svo (rapeseed) has 20mg/kg sulphur content by mass = 0.00002%

From my understanding most if not all svo have very very low sulphur content.

reference:
http://www.folkecenter.dk/plant-oil/images/RK-standard-UK.gif

perhap the club should write to a manufacturer and obtain a copy of an independant test certificate.

cheers,
hongkonger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the uninformed, any vegetable oil is an ester in its own right – 98% or more ester content.......

resource:
http://www.biofuels.fsnet.co.uk/yearzero.htm

hope this helps.
hongkonger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

hongkonger wrote:

For the uninformed

PS: That is a direct quote from the website - not my words
wody123

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read this post all the way through and my conclutions are would it not be up to c&e to prove that the oil you are caught using is over /under goverment guidelines for sulpher /ester, therefore taking away your problem of proving what mix you are currently using, so lower level duty until they prove that what you are putting in tank is liable for 47p duty this would surly force them in to making a difinitive list of what duty is to be paid on what sov
AJayUK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys pardon my rant here, but this thread started out as a diary by Wilksey, its now been bloody highjacked bytax and vat!!
I liked this thread when it was started, now I have to trawl through pages of garbage to get to the meat. Why cant a separate thread be opened for those who want to rant/question/talk about Vat and the tax??????? That way, those of us interested in this 'Diary' can read it without the poop in the middle... Ok Im off my soap box now..Smile
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

must agree
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I. Have your say about the tax here....http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33805
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, totally agree, guys!

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, I think it's only fair to let Wilksey continue with this thread and to keep others' comments here 'on thread'. After all, his findings should be of benefit to the whole Club.

So, what's the latest, Wilksey? Smile
vipar

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lowimpact.org/acatalog/biodiesel_fuel.html

I dont think that this is viable
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: