2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Weekend meet ups etc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:12    Post subject: Weekend meet ups etc Reply with quote

Could I please ask that as club members, when meeing under he banner of POCUK.com, you always obey the GLASS code of conduct,

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22312

Also, whilst they all look good etc, posting of pictures, either over 4-5 vehicles in line on a track, or driving fast through water, gives an image that we ignore advice from Glass, and LARA etc.

Yes we all get carried away, me included, but, we are at a very sensitive time with green lane enjoyment, and there are the organised groups out there, searching the net, for the eveidence they present in hearings about closure etc.

We are, getting there, change of minister, who's first words over the issue was, enough out there for all, is encouraging, but the anti's, organised, funded, and professional in their approach to protesting.

Just enjoy it out there, take it easy, serious mud stuff, go for the private land stuff, check that all routes are open to public, if you get on a wrong one, we have all done that, apoligies if stopped, leave quietly, mark the map, and when yo have time, check wit local rights of way officer for your county /region, that it is closed or open etc.

This is in no way directed at any individual, but, to all, who take part in POCUK.com bannered events, being all Pajero's, we are hardly missed, as a club whilst on the road, so , please, be polite, no matter how much the walker on the track etc, needs a thumb, smile, and tell thaem to 'have a nice day'
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Rolling Eyes

and that means be polite to policemen.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrsgrumpy wrote:
LOL Rolling Eyes

and that means be polite to policemen.

If need be, right or wrong, they are human, most times !, so a chat, and on your way
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'm putting this one to bed we stopped as one of us had engine trouble yes we did park on the edge of the footpath and yes the police did move us on ....fair enough they were polite and we were polite and thats it end of story
Thank you Wink
mrsgrumpy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Roger Dard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

still say we should have moonied as we drove away Laughing
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys ... Richie has made a serious point ... while you can never account for every eventuality, and situations do arise where, taken out of context, it could appear that we are all "Wayfare Warriors" ... please be aware that we have a responsibility to abide by a code of conduct when we're out there Wink

Another Timely reminder Wink <-- click to link

Simon
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't agree more Simon I just wanted to put the record straight before it got out of hand

Yes we did the big puddle
Yes we got asked by the police to move on fair do's
In regard to the offroading we were all aware of the guidleines and split into 2 groups from the start of the day with 15 mins between each group
We had 4 sets of CB radio's
and two hand held radios and were in communication throughout the day
At one stage we did all meet up due to a member of the party having engine problems
When we recommenced we again split into 2 groups
Thats why I wanted it put to bed
Personally I have no objection whatsoever about anyone posting the guidelines again and again
If we don't abide by the rules the "anti brigade" will have more amunition to fire and we do need to be seen as responsible as on the day in question we were
In regard to the police involvement I was really suprised as to why they pulled over ,shows how much I for one have remembered of the highway code Embarassed Embarassed
nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Nick and Simon Exclamation
Roger Dard

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the organiser of the run in question i would like to appologise for the slight bending of the rules that occured on the day re the puddle and the meeting up of both groups, but as nick said one of the guys had engine troubles which is why we met up,
the episode with the police was on a public highway with no parking restrictions...although we did pull onto the edge of the kerb, again we stopped to help ged with his engine problems and give him directions home from that point, the police just asked us to move on politely and we all politely obliged (but took the p**s afterwards) with no problems.
i do take the rules seriously because after all it is my/our pastime that suffers, but again the rules did get bent and i do appologise for that

Simon, Richie
please accept my appologies again for my previous post on this thread, i realise now its not the right post for such a serious matter as this, please delete it if you wish, and i totally agree with every point made by richie and nick and indeed the rules regarding green laning laid out by GLASS & LARA, but as i was the organiser please dont have a go at anyone else, they were just following me and if you would like to talk further about this subject then feel free to pm me, i like the club and its camaraderie (spelling?) and enjoy the members company but i also like to learn from my mistakes and you can rest assured this wont happen again.

again please accept my appologies

Chris
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say, not directed at anyone, and the fact that it was the post of the run i read, just reminded me of previous runs, and planned runs, and as I say, I will accept the comment, that I do/will most porob insist on getting mud on me, it is just, what do we do about showing piccys etc, it is great to see them, great to see the area you are in, the views the weather, and most of , the laughs at al that is going on,
So, please, no one in particular, not getting at any one, just very sensitive stuff at the moment.

One, now, which we must be aware of in North Wales soon, and hopefully, the way the routes are planed, go OK.
Yes, you will cross paths, etc

I apoligies, if, for what ever reason, you thought I was having a go at individuals, not is not the case, and to be honest, if I was there, most prob would have gone through twice, cos diesel Paj's can, to get dirtier that the rest of you !!

lets all just chill, enjoy the vehicle, the country side, and not forget the most important thing of owning a pajero.

HAVE FUN.
spud
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Richie.......
Funmeister
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you've moved Steve.......Berkshire isn't that full of Berks Laughing Laughing Laughing only kidding mate Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Green Laning Tips and Techniques All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: