Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

lockwood white dials & speedo convertor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frog2.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 20:37    Post subject: lockwood white dials & speedo convertor Reply with quote

hi just got my new dials from the shop and put on , very easy to do. my question is when doing 30 mph it is only reading 20 mph i dont think its been electronicly adjusted is there some thing else where to look to see if theres something else alltering the speed both of the dials line up when put on top of each other and the needle is in correct place,please advise me, or will have to put old ones on. also put super bright LED'S in replace of standard bulbs but seem very dim.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 20:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

wayne99

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that you put the needle back on in the exact same place that it came off, I never had a problem with mine,
frog2.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes took dial of car put on top of other and the o mph is in line with the other its after that where the markings go to pot, at 20 mph on lockwoods dial the original reads 30 mph has it got a had on do you think
ukrabbiter

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you've got the wrong faces for your Paj model

What Paj are you running? 2.5
What dials did you get? 2.8
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wayne99

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been electrically altered or simply someone has put the wrong dial in, What i would do is get a mate to drive at 30mph and keep the same distance from him and see what your reads and if yours is out then i would expect it has been altered,
hth
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had this prob
frog2.5

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i got the ones for the 2.5 it said 2.5 on packagin and fits very well its just the marking after o mph, i will have to trace speedo cable tom to see if owt amiss or added
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the top speed on both as the first ones i got were 120 and my clocks w3ere 115
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your speedo may have been modified ... or the mechanism is out of line ...

When you do the speed check, do it with a friend, or GPS ... but travel at 20mph, then 30, 40, 50 and 60 ... if the dial goes up 10mph at a time, then it's just the needle position Wink

Simon
Roger Dard

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

check if you have a speed converter still on the gearbox end of the speedo cable Wink
Pajero No 1

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you may have already thought about these but are you changing the dials from KPH (originals) to MPH (new dials). Don't forget that the larger numbers on the original are in km so they will not be the same as the larger numbers on the new dials.

Was the speedo working correctly in the first place as just swapping the facias shouldn't have caused any problems, therefore, putting the old ones back on will not fix the problem if they are already wrong. You may need to check where the speedo cable meets the gearbox and see if there is a converter in place. But i swapped mine over with no probs.

Easiest way to check your speed is by using a sat nav as already mentioned that also tells you your current speed. Just don't be worried if they are not exact as there will be slight difference due to tyre sizes, wear etc. As long as they're close enough it should be fine.

HTH
frog2.5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi looked under paj and traced the speedo cable to the box and noticed a small gear box but it said maid in USA, so i took it off an put the speedo cable direct to the drive box took for a ride and hey presto back to normal.
thanks for every ones time and info,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: