Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

dismayed newbie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:16    Post subject: dismayed newbie Reply with quote

I purchased a 1991 2.5td exceed just before my hols, picked it up the Thursday morning I was jetting off. The Saturday night some kind person tried to steal it. Smashed the rear quarter light wrecked the steering column shroud and wrecked the ignition barrel. Nearly £400 worth of damage, and I have only driven it once!. Still waiting a week later for the damaged items to be replaced, on order with the local Mitsubishi dealer. Anyway, while I sulk and mope around has anyone got any advice about car alarms. My budget is about £200, any suggestions and can anyone reccomend anyone in the Chesterfield, Derbyshire area for fitting said alarm. Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

paul_jefferson

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that.

My SWB has a red BRIGHT led on the dash which just flashes until you turn the ignition on. I don't think it was expensive maybe a few quid.

It does act as a deterant though.

I was parked in the multi storey where I live. And my friends car next to me had the radio nicked. Now I had left my radio in that day and mine is a good sony disk player and the car next to me had a goodmans tape player in it.

So it obviously worked.

My LWB has a Toad Cat I allarm, I think it was about £375.
Davey Boy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that but I really need to fit an alarm and immobiliser. Can't afford the Cat 1 price after shelling out for the car and the £400 for the repairs. Really skint, just about raise £200.
paul_jefferson

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your self a mag like fast car or redline, They have loads of adverts and prices for car allarms (Loads of nice girls in them to).
ArtistsRifles

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you shop around on the web and via yellow pages you can get the price down for a cat 1 alarm/immpbiliser.

Thas what we did quite successfully - our was about £310 fitted at home but we could have got another type for about £230.

Neil.
Boycie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the damage, i reckon you should be able to get a cat 1 alarm for £200 easy i had one fitted to mine ( insurance company said no alarm no insurance) it's a pain in the *beep* sets its self if you forget but it is worth it in the long run. If you get a higher quote knock em down, play one against the other!

Boycie Wink Wink Wink
Davey Boy

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 0:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Boycey. Where did you get yours from, are they nationwide?
KORAL

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I live on the Notts/derbys border and picked a firm from the yellow pages,had an immobilser fitted at home (insurance requirement) for £89.99
If you get stuck e-mail me and i will find the details out.

Regards
Adrian
steve-c

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked around a little and a CAT1 alarm seems to be about £300. Anyone in Southampton/Fareham/Portsmouth area had a Cat1 alarm fitted I'd be glad of any information/recommendations and information on prices paid as I need to get one before my hols in July.
thanks
darren.b

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi steve
I had a Toad cat1 alarm/imobiliser fitted by Sextons in pompey for £350 fully fitted (nice job they did too).
hth atb Darren.B
Boycie

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to dig out the paper work tomorrow and find out who it was who did it but it was done in manchester near the dealer i purchased the car from Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: