2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Fuel consumption

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deandownunder

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:49    Post subject: Fuel consumption Reply with quote

After the powerup on my 2.8 which included fixing an inlet manifold airleak and the fitment of a 2.5 inch ( with 3inch dump) mandrel bent sports exhaust system my fuel cosumption has improved from 20mpg to 26mpg around town. Have yet to test over distance.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

davel400

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 15:24    Post subject: Power up Reply with quote

Hi Dean, I have talked to you before, but have been flat out and haven't been on for a while.

Who did you get to power up the Spacegear, as I remember you stating that you were looking into it. What did he do and what was the cost.

I have done some great trips to Levuka and Landcruiser mountain park since I was last on and will have to post some photo's. there was lots of mud at Levuka over Easter weekend.

talk soon.
davel400

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh, I've just seen your powerup post http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2981 , so any more information to that would be great.

thanks
deandownunder

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, How did the Delica go at Landcruiser Park? Got Brisbane Tuning & Turbo to do the work but quite seriously I think $1900 was a bit over the top. That said I must admit the thing is running a hell of a lot better. The manifold leak could have had a lot to do with that.They also fitted a boost controller but I need to have a dash boost gauge fitted to keep tabs on the pressure. I was a bit disappointed with the overall power improvement. They said I would see a 25% improvement but only went from 106hp to 110hp. The most noticeable gain was in torque. She now tows better and flys up the mountain where I live in top gear. I believe the Aus. Govt is allowing unrestricted importation of the Delica as it's sister the Starwagon is no longer available. My next one will have the 3.5 litre petrol motor. There really isn't that much of an advantage owning a diesel here with the cost being the same or higher than unleaded.
Cheers, Dean.

P.S. Have a portable DVD player in a case you can carry which sets up between the front seats. Put the earphones on the kids and not a peep. Best $650 I have ever spent.
davel400

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

dean,

I took my two boy's to LCMP for the weekend , it went very well. The morning we got there it was raining, but on the saturday it was fine so we did a lap of the park. We took the easy tracks around the park or so we thought, as it had rained very heavy the night before the tracks were very wet and muddy, this turned them into a medium grading.

We had one hill that put the vans front wheels into the air to get up and this also lit up my oldest son's face Shocked as he was outside on the track giving me support.

I big help for getting through these tracks is that I have removed the side steps and the van is running 9R15 MT/R wranglers, what a difference they make.

Do you do much 4WDing, we have a camper trailer and try to get out monthly.

Have to take the boys out now, will post some photo's later under a new subject.
deandownunder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Mainly bought the Delica for the extra people carrying capacity and great value. Was all set to get a Tarago or similar but could not bring myself to pay the asking price. I picked up the Delica for $26K on the road with only 43000 ks on the clock and it looked so new it had to be genuine.
We are taking friends to the snow in September so will get a chance to use the snow chains that came with it. Yep thats right, snow chains in Queensland. About as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
By the way have a look at the post on EGR valves in the Paj forum. You should do the mod to yours, really cuts the smoke. Cheers, Dean.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> DELICA technical forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: