QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Wiring Spot Lights

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:39    Post subject: Wiring Spot Lights Reply with quote

Copied from the 'extensive' post in Technical section.

Earlier models of Pajero have white wires to Headlamp connector and can be wired as per the instructions within the 'Ring' connection Kit, available from all good motor factors. Basically the Spotlights can be wired in the standard way.

The information below is for connecting Spotlights to later Pajero models (possibly 93 on).

I noticed that my Oscars (spot lights) were only switching-on when using full beam, full-on, not when using the flash (without latch). I had wired them the standard way.

I apologise profusely to Fat Bloke and others that said the circuit was Negative switched......it is!   My mates 2.5 (I think J reg) is wired as per normal instructions and works correctly. It must be a later model change in the wiring circuits!

This is the way to connect the 'Ring' circuit that you buy from halfords, to enable it to work correctly. (after extensive and worrying headscratching......and following the Pajeros wiring circuit diagram!)

1) Remove the connector from the rear of the n/s headlamp assy.
2) Notice that the connector has three wires, Red, Red/White, and Red/Blue.
3) The 'Ring' relay has four terminals, one to the battery +12v, one to the Spotlamps, one to ground, and one to the switching point (headlamp circuit).
4) Connect the relay to the battery +12v and Spotlamps as shown on the instructions.
5) This is where the connection differs.........
6) Instead of connecting the terminal from the relay to ground, it should be connected to the red/blue wire connection of the Headlamp connector.
7) The other connection from the relay should be connected to the red wire of the Headlamp connector.

The circuit should now work correctly on the main beam, both flash and latched.  

The connections to the Headlamp wires can be done in whichever way you prefer, either soldered or scotch-locked, only one scotch-lock is supplied with the 'Ring' set so if you wish to use this way then you need another one for the other headlamp wire connection.

Hope this helps.   Wink  8)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this mean that the current through your spots is now returning to the negative through the one headlamp wire?
Did think about doing this but my spots are 2x100w so with 85w and 55w on whilst using the pass/flash there is almost 30A returning along the wire. Not sure what the wire is rated at but didn't look like much.
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Suvvey, the wires connected to the headlamp wiring are only to switch the relay! It's the relay which takes the current for the lamps, from the +12v battery terminal through the relay to the lamps. My lamps are grounded through the Bullbar but normally with modern lamps you would have a seperate ground wire to fix to an earth point on the chassis somewhere.
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Of course!
withstupid
For some reason I was thinking the lamps were being earthed through the Head lamp Embarassed Think I was getting confused with one of my earlier solutions to get around the negative switching that did just that. This I obviously decided against for the above reasons and because it would mean isolating the spots from the bar as it was showing some leakage to earth although with some resistance.
Now I've got my head around it I think I'll give this a go tomorrow Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: