QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EGR Valve again

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pajemann1

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

butchyk mmm

acording what you are saying...i think before i'll clean it with some nafta (or better alcool, stp injector cleaner, something else?)...then MAYBE block it...
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 22:38    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daniel90

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one question: blanking the EGR will increase fuel consumption? I have read this topic top to bottom and haven't found a relevant answer based on fuel consumption after EGR blanking.
El Ricko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel90 wrote:
I have only one question: blanking the EGR will increase fuel consumption? I have read this topic top to bottom and haven't found a relevant answer based on fuel consumption after EGR blanking.

from the few i have blanked i would say it improved the fuel consumption or makes not difference
pajemann1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

done with my 2.8...looks smoother in all the range...a bit improved the power at low rpm and the speed that the engine improve the rpm...
Daniel90

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just cleaned the intercooler and the EGR valve and it simply flies. Gets to high revs in no time,better torque on a dry start and so on. I'm so gald i did it. The fuel consumption has dropped a bit but it isn't significant.
Rik

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 14:52    Post subject: Blank the EGR Reply with quote

I am one of those guys that always demand "if something is there it is there with a reason and therefore it should work". today I have changed my mind.

BLANK THE E G R VALVE.

The only perpose it serves is to reburn diesel and oil fumes and help the engine to reach operating temp quick.

The amount of gunk the egr sends trough to your engine is astronomical. I had my inlet manifold cleaned in a acid bath when I replaced the headgasket.
I drove the paj for about a 1000 miles and noticed i was losing more and more power. I also noticed a carbon/oily resedue where the hose from the turbo meets the inlet manufold.  Thought the turbo was on its way out but still got boost pressure of around .6  .   This seemed strange as the turbo worked and yet more smoke and less power.

Out of desperation I removed the egr valve to clean it...... What a surprize.... The build up of carbon was about 1mm thick in the valve and in the inlet manufold.   This made me think... All that *beep* is forced through the inlet manufold pass the tappets onto the pistons. So the engine gets less and less fresh air to burn and more and more Co2 oil and carbon.

I blanked the valve with pratley steel putty (just jammed it in there every nook and cranny) no need for blanking plates etc etc. waited a day for it to cure and refitted it.

I have since done 1600 miles and I am still smiling. Power increased , fuel consumption decreased and now only smokes on startup.

I also did some research. In South Africa and Australia no pajero`s  or colts all with the 4M40 motors are fitted with this device. And the engines does not suffer for it.

So if you have a pre 96" remove the EGR. You will notice the difference almost immediatly.
marting10

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 22:58    Post subject: egr Reply with quote

alot of old posts on here,very useful and great knowledge shared,thx 2 all but it would be nice to see more activity on the form,maybe im not looking in the right places lol,i took out the egr today because my paj 2.5 had all the symtoms as others and yes it has made a huge differance all round,im so happy because i thought i was looking at 700 bucks to put things right Crying or Very sad but now im Shocked at how easy this was 2 fix,thx again to all
mrjoeblack

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic, read it all, thanks to all contributors. Think I'll go sort mine out. Just wondered now that we are some years on from a lot of these posts, how things are running with your motors having had the EGR's blanked for years now???
d.kenny

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the pipe from the actuator go to the solenoids behind the intercooler on a 2.5 or is it meant to go to the top of the fuel pump or are all of my pipes wrong]

my current routing is:-

vac pump to solenoid behind interccoler

actuator to solenoid behind interccoler

egr pipe has a screw blocking it in the line and gos from egr valve to top of fuel pump

any help would be massively appreciated

cheers
Huggy bear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 20:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

1993 swb 2.5  - symptoms were lack of power especially up hills and horribly high fuel consumption .  

Today, removed egr with a blanking kit from  ebay .  Instant increase in power and can actually accellerate . Not had a chance to see fuel consumption but will report back soon, definitely on the team that says  removing/blanking !
auntypoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

just stumbled across this thread.. im almost convinced to blank off egr... any of the previous posters who hae done this some time ago have any long term effects they can report?
trekker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

What truck are you driving.?

I've covered 180 000km since blanking and believe it's all benefits and no downside.

If memory serves me right, the latest engines need a vent through the blank due to engine management problems if a blind plate is fitted. I could be corrected on this though.
f4rrs

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 14:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the complications with blanking the EGR valve on a 1998 2.8 model?
Mines been done and my turbo isn't working at the moment and I am wondering it the two are connected?
Pajasho

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great read through this thread and resurrecting it because I was wondering if there was any other d.i.y material anyone has used that will withstand the heat unlike a drinks can seems to do, also with the amount I've read I am confident that blanking the egr is the right thing to do as I'm loosing power at the bottom end of my revs and when this is happening I'm hearing tapping and getting black smoke.
Just out of curiosity, hows it working for everyone, would be interesting to hear from one of you guys who did this 18 years ago when this thread was made
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello I blanked the egr on mine  (94 2.8)a long time ago. I bought a plate from e bay, from memory it was about a a fiver. Did not touch any timing or anything else. Still working fine. just passed it 17th mot with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> EGR Valve Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: