Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Main dealers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy(Epsom)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 14:16    Post subject: Main dealers! Reply with quote

Had a water leak last week and after much hunting I assesed that the water was coming from the diesel pump area (maybe a core plug) Phoned the main dealer and the said to bring it along and they would check it out. So I left the car with the "EXPERTS" and toddled of to work. Later thet day I received a phone call from the Workshop foreman telling me that the water jacket in the diesel pump had broken and water was leaking out between the block and the pump, and was I sitting down as a new pump was in excess of £850 + labour+vat +++++.
I explained that the pump had been rebuilt by Watson`s Diesels in Novemer 2002 and he said AAAAHHHHHHH it must be down to them (passing the buck). I phoned Watsons and explained the problem and was told " WOT A LOAD OF BXXXXXXXXKS" and to bring it along for them to look at. After 2 mins the fitter found the leak which was down to a small corrosion hole in a piece of metal pipe that feeds water through the diesel pump for the cold start advance device.20 mins later all fixed and only £40.00.
Supprisingly enough there is no way that water can leak as the "experts" said as there is no water jacket between the pump and the engine block. Are all main dealers as bad as this or is it just that we opwn Pajero`sand by the way the same system of cold start is fitted to all diesel Shoguns.

Name and address of Main dealer supplied on request.
View user's profile Send personal message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 14:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Ivor Green

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy I am sorry you got so bad service . it is difficult for me to comment on the fault without seeing where it was coming from, our problem is two fold we have some dealers that will work on Pajeros all the time and like us quite familier with the product (not saying we get it right every time ), but then there are some that just won't risk it and try to get out of doing the job , I know in all fairness that the Shogun and PJ are almost the same but I think some of these technicians are looking at the job and think if I get it wrong what do I do , with the Shogun we have full factory back up , but with the pajero we tend to ask for help and they feed the info back at there will , so please dont write us all off as I have said the other night in a responce to a comment there are more than a few of us Mitsubishi Master Technicians out here answering the postings , some will do it and dont mind saying who they work for , and others just tend to supply pictures and info. keep asking we like to help .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: