eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Rogue car dealers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggie7

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 19:03    Post subject: Rogue car dealers Reply with quote

Sad Bought a SWB paj last March from Meon Valley Garage Wickham nr Fareham Hants., with a 2yr warranty. Great I thought. Company wouldn't honour the agreement even though I had a schedule signed by the salesman. Actual trader is Automarques Totton Southampton who ignore all pleas.Apparently they are in breach of contract but I am still fighting for the warranty. So don't go near these companies and let your friends know.Anyone else out there had the same treatment or similar from these people?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 19:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Chastiser

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

might be an idea to put sommat in the 'rate the dealer' section??

Mike
Jim Tyler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you are having problems, if they are the same lot that trade from Dock Gate 5 and an office near the Harley Davidson shop in Totton,
My Fiancee got hers from this lot a few years back, oil prices dont affect them cos they all ride horses like all good cowboys!
They took four weeks to deliver a Pajjy selected from the stock on the dockside, bodged the re-paint of the bottom half silver so badly it had to be done again, but only after we refused the car, never supplied the promised missing top plate from the front bumper, etc, etc and to top it off the car lent to her as a "courtesy car" had no road tax!!, reported them to the DVLA for that though!!

Refused point blank to refund any money due to the problems, had to get nasty to get them to pay for the petrol we wasted going over to Totton twice to pick up a car that was not ready!

Fiancee was so badly treated by them and the failure to follow up requests to sort even simple things like the top plate, we never went near them again, luckilly Thumper has been very reliable since so we never had to try to claim anything on the Warranty.
ange

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 21:35    Post subject: Rogue traders Reply with quote

Also had the same problem with Meon Valley Garage. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad After purchasing a Pajero from them in January 2006, with a years warranty - or so the salesman said!! Head Gasket or even head gone........ when called them last week to check warranty told they had gone bust in February 06 and now have a new boss and so the warranty will not be honoured, although it is the same salesman still working there and they are still advertising loads of Pajero's for sale on the internet. If only we had used this useful forum before we would have stayed well away from this garage and not had a hugh repair bill to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware stay away
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

You both need to go to trading standards, in thetaking over, or replacing of a comapny who have gone into recevership, and proof of the same people involved, they have also a duty of care to previous clients who traded with them, as the previous company.

posting of malicious slander etc, has to be considered, have your facts and proof, go to trading standards, they will advice you
V46

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Tyler wrote:
Sorry to hear you are having problems, if they are the same lot that trade from Dock Gate 5 and an office near the Harley Davidson shop in Totton,
My Fiancee got hers from this lot a few years back, oil prices dont affect them cos they all ride horses like all good cowboys!
They took four weeks to deliver a Pajjy selected from the stock on the dockside, bodged the re-paint of the bottom half silver so badly it had to be done again, but only after we refused the car, never supplied the promised missing top plate from the front bumper, etc, etc and to top it off the car lent to her as a "courtesy car" had no road tax!!, reported them to the DVLA for that though!!

Refused point blank to refund any money due to the problems, had to get nasty to get them to pay for the petrol we wasted going over to Totton twice to pick up a car that was not ready!

Fiancee was so badly treated by them and the failure to follow up requests to sort even simple things like the top plate, we never went near them again, luckilly Thumper has been very reliable since so we never had to try to claim anything on the Warranty.

This lot is/was southampron 4x4/Winchester 4x4, Not connected to Automarques. My sister Brought a Paj from them really cheap then they dissapeared, Paj still going strong with no problems luckily.
pikey boy

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 18:31    Post subject: dodgy dealers Reply with quote

hi as a newbie and reading your comments i feel i must pass this on . i brought my lwb2800 paj from meon valley garage in 2005 i had no real problems dealing with them except the chip and pin machine was faulty and they wanted to take my number and remotley process it via their soton office for the deposit (an offer i refused). i have been back a few times to ask their advice and they always did help. only major probs have been the fuel pump seals went as i hear they frrquently do and i brought the wrong glowplugs both probs were sorted by PANDA DIESAL INJECTION IN FAREHAM . drove past the sales pitch the other month all gone then again the other day and new garage in its place. if you type meon valley garage into a search engine you get SUPERIOR JAPANESE IMPORTS OF SPICERS HILL TOTTON SOUTHAMPTON. i know that the two are the same be cause having lived around fareham all my life i recognise some of the back grounds for the photos. I can only speak from my experience but we all fall fowl of a shyster occasionally.

meon valley garage / automarque  are no longer out at wickham on the A32 . A new car dealer is there though still trading under the name meon valley garage. if you do a search on the name it directs you to SJI SUPERIOR JAPANESE IMPORTS LTD trading from spicers hill totton southampton. shame they have used photos of cars taken at the old site or no-one would have known. hope this helps you .

pikey boy fareham he who blings wins
rrobert2005

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 17:10    Post subject: Meon valley garage Reply with quote

Botley Car Centre as from May 1st 2012 have moved into Meon Valley Garage. If you are reading these negative feedbacks regarding any vehicles that have been sold by Meon Valley in the past please keep in mind that we are not responsible for these vehicles that have been sold in the past. Our aim is to give Meon Valley Garage a better reputation and make it a  reliable, trust worthy used car dealer that local people can rely on when buying their next vehicle. Botley Car Centre have been run as a family business for the past 30 years and rely on good reputation and repeat business. We are planning on staying at Botley Car Centre and Meon Valley garage for many years to come!
mad mike

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 17:16    Post subject: Re: Rogue car dealers Reply with quote

maggie7 wrote:
Sad  Bought a SWB paj last March from Meon Valley Garage Wickham nr Fareham Hants., with a 2yr warranty. Great I thought. Company wouldn't honour the agreement even though I had a schedule signed by the salesman. Actual trader is Automarques Totton Southampton who ignore all pleas.Apparently they are in breach of contract but I am still fighting for the warranty. So don't go near these companies and let your friends know.Anyone else out there had the same treatment or similar from these people?

Any claim on the warranty is between you and the warranty company, not the supplying dealer. Who is the warranty with and what sort of warranty is it exactly?
fest
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 19:04    Post subject: Re: Rogue car dealers Reply with quote

mad mike wrote:
maggie7 wrote:
Sad  Bought a SWB paj last March from Meon Valley Garage Wickham nr Fareham Hants., with a 2yr warranty. Great I thought. Company wouldn't honour the agreement even though I had a schedule signed by the salesman. Actual trader is Automarques Totton Southampton who ignore all pleas.Apparently they are in breach of contract but I am still fighting for the warranty. So don't go near these companies and let your friends know.Anyone else out there had the same treatment or similar from these people?

Any claim on the warranty is between you and the warranty company, not the supplying dealer. Who is the warranty with and what sort of warranty is it exactly?

this post is 6 years old  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing the 2 years passed long ago ... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: