Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

THE OIL BIBLE.----- SHOCKED AND CONFUSED

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 15:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are the same paul,it only changes when you get semi or fully synth Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 15:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can get some fleet oil from work,good stuff apparently will this be ok Laughing
terence

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i agree to a point about what you say with aftermarket parts etc but ive yet to see a failed engine due to oil or fuel filters etc.

half the parts you buy from the dealers are the same items rebadged and boxed.

some of the filters are actualy better than stock with current advances and improvements.

i very much doubt any manufactor of any aftermarket product will spend time and huge amount of money to design and build a product that will not work.

and as for the oil i am using comma semi, its the equivelent oil from a cross over in the book for mitsh and it says they were on a semi from factory.

when i build new engines i run them on a mineral oil to bed the internal components in, and then go to a suitable synthetic dependant on the application etc.

a mineral oil used consistantly will wear the components internaly far faster than semi oil, it is good for bedding in rings etc, but once the engine is broken in it should be run on a semi, not only that i dont believe a mineral oil is suitable for turbo's.

the same applies to oil, the manufactors dont spend all that money to make their own brands of oil so it messes yo ur motor up.

when i did my apprenticship ford used whatever oil was available at the right price at the time, it still went into a the duckams filler tanks.

my father used to work for ski yoghurts, he told me that during the day different alarms would sound to indicate different brandings, ie , ski, co op etc etc, the carton changed, the labeling changed and the price changed but the product was the same.

manufactors dont spend millions making filters oils, water pumps, bearings etc etc etc just for a laugh, they are designed to meet the requirements and specifications and new products i beleive are probably made to a better specification today than they were back then.

i await the barrage of abuse.

terry
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

no abuse terry,if you choose to ignore my advice,best of luck Wink
terence

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

blimey, i wish people would lighten up, its only a forum, i listen to what everyone has to say and then make a judgement.

im not ignoring anyones advice but we all make our own descisions dont we and maybe suffer the aftermath.

ive worked for 20yrs in heavy plant, race cars, bike engine etc and have never seen a failure due to a aftermarket filter been fitted.

apart from that why does the mitsh book state the 92 model 2.5td uses a semi sythetic oil if everybody else says it doesnt ?

the oil i use is a equvielent oil for the books spec, how can that be wrong.

im genuinly interested, i havent used the oil or filters etc yet, im just changing a water pump first, hence asking the questions. and yes its a blue print water pump, a after market product LOL

cheers

terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: