eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

PRO-TEC DIESEL SYSTEM-HOW?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROB.E
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 16:46    Post subject: PRO-TEC DIESEL SYSTEM-HOW? Reply with quote

Confused Hi guys,
can anyone tell me how to use this PRO-TEC diesel system cleaner. On the tin it says to use it during a service with a pro-tec clearflow machine,what do they mean? I thought you had to just put it in the fuel according to some of the comments on this site.
Is it really worth all that money? Confused

Rob. E.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 16:46    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 16:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is worth the money,and just put it in the tank,when you have about a quarter left Wink
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
sorry to highjack your thread but same question really:
Anyone know if Protec is as good or better than Millers diesel additive?
I've got some millers for my 2.5 non-turbo engine but she still smokes a good bit and MOT is due in a fortnight.
I'm tempted to get some Protec to try and also the engine oil additive/sludge remove/ring de-gunger. Do I put this in first, let it do it's job then change oil & filters or is it best to service it then add the stuff and if so, will it need another filter and fresh oil after so many miles?
And if I get a bumper pack to sort my 2.8 turbo at the same time, what's the news on that postage discount that someone mentioned a while back?

Rob, let us know how you get on with it.

Jowter.
more x 4
Shining Star
Shining Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, pro tec is the best stuff i've used. the oil flush is put in BEFORE the oil change and is left to idle for about 15 mins,then drained and filled with good quality mineral oil. always use an oem filter. if you want discount,talk to simon Wink
ROB.E
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy To be honest, I have always used Wynns oil treatment/ flushes etc and NEVER had any engine trouble with any of my cars ,vans ,trucks etc, but the guys say this PRO-TEC is the dogs doo-dahs so I`m giving it a go.
I`m currently running with Millers 5w/40 XFD fully synthetic, but it made the top end rattle a little,so on advice of a mechanic friend I put some Pro-tec oil additive in aswell, because it will protect perfectly in this cold spell during the cold starts. It now runs and sounds fantastic, but it is a very expensive way to do it. Also I have run a couple cans of injector cleaner through it, just as a precaution as I`m some one who likes to use preventative measures.
I will let you know how I get on with the DIESEL SYSTEM CLEANER but seeing as the truck is running like a dream at present I suspect it wont make to much difference.
I`v also fitted the clubs EGR valve plate, and now have no smoke at all. (Hope I`v fitted it right).
Rob.E.
Wurzel

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, just ordered some Protec diesel treatment too to see if it causes my smoking probs. Thought about blanking the EGR off but its there for a reason so going to clean it out and make sure its working ok. Dont want to be worried about detonation and over heating. Rolling Eyes
Jowter
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MoreX4, I'll get in touch with Simon.
On the filter issue, has anyone ever had problems with the Milnersoffroad items? At ten quid plus postage for all three and having a 2.5 & 2.8 to service it'll cost a fortune at the local Mitsu dealer and even my mate at the autoparts charges £15 just for an oil filter. I'm very tempted to get the visa card out as lots on here recommend m-off-road.

Jowter.
osc0r
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jowter wrote:
Thanks MoreX4, I'll get in touch with Simon.
On the filter issue, has anyone ever had problems with the Milnersoffroad items? At ten quid plus postage for all three and having a 2.5 & 2.8 to service it'll cost a fortune at the local Mitsu dealer and even my mate at the autoparts charges £15 just for an oil filter. I'm very tempted to get the visa card out as lots on here recommend m-off-road.

Jowter.

i've usd milners with no probs m8, and i'll use them again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Alec
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivor has agreed to put together some 'application instructions' to go out with the Pro-Tec ... hopefully that will make it clear - as soon as I have the details, I'll publish them on the club site too!

Simon Wink

ps - Cheers Ivor - top man! GBWY.
GOLDFISH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've used milners for nearly everything that i've needed and i've never been ripped off by them and i also find their products are of good quality. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wurzel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well used the Protec diesel fuel cleaner and mine still smokes. Think its more down to a dirty EGR so will have to do that soon. Smile
Ivor Green

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 0:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say it smokes is it Black or blue the smoke? the reason as yuo might well be hinting at is the EGR , I have to say dont blank it off , these are the instructions I am iformed by Mitsubishi to say , but it might be worth getting a smoke test doen and see if its overfueling ,if it is no amoutn of Protecwill cure it ,it will requre either turning down or recalibrating the pump that is .
Wurzel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ivor, the smoke appears to be black and only appears when accelerating or changing down. Occasionaly the smoke appears when just cruising. Im not panicking at the mo because i havent had the good weather to clean out the EGR. Hopefully it is the problem. If it still smokes, then Ill worry. Cheers, Steve
brodgar
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Milners for the past two years for all the bits for the Shogun.
When I get the Paj I shall continue to use Milners.
No probs whatsoever. Surprised
Ivor Green

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have said before , if yuo are happy using certain producs , and happy with the quality , then please carry on .
I am talking from a personal point of veiw , and from years of trying other products , and seeing there results , comparing value for money .

If yuo are prepared to buy a Kamasa spanner and it works great , if yuo buy a cheap and nasty Sunday market spaner and it works ok .
I will only buy Snap-on and similer quailty tools( finances permiting ), I also will only purchace and reccomend quality producs with known garentee's , I want to know what I am putting into my and your engines fuel systems and transmisions .that it will work , wont aggravate oil leaks and worn seals , if it causes a problem the manafacturer will put it right .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: