eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Liverpool Victoria - A Warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:04    Post subject: Liverpool Victoria - A Warning Reply with quote

Hi guyz & gurlz, I originally discovered LV through this forum so I thought I ought to tell you my experience with them....

I have maximum NCB and I took out a fully comp policy with LV in August 2002. Their premium was the cheapest quote and everything was fine until I had a minor accident in early April.

The driver of the other car was Turkish & called the police although it was a very minor accident. At the scene of the accident the police cautioned him for driving without a valid licence, insurance, tax or MOT

When I reported the accident to LV an hour after it happened I told them the circumstances and asked if they thought he would be able to claim against me as he was driving without a licence or insurance. The person I was speaking to more or less avoided answering the question and asked if I wanted to make a claim. I declined because the damage to my car was very minor and would cost less than my policy excess to fix.

A week later I received a phone call from a local bodyshop asking me to bring the car in for an estimate. I refused and pretty much forgot about the whole thing until a month ago when I received three letters from a solictor representing the driver of the other car and his passengers. I rang LV who informed me that they had already settled the claim in favor of the other driver and would deal with the civil suits when I forwarded the letters to them.

When I asked how they had made this decision I was informed that I admitted liabilty when I reported the accident - Not so!!!!

Liverpool Victoria has never asked me for a written account of the accident and though twice I have requested that they send me an accident report form so far they have not done so.

Their response to receiving the notice of civil procedings against me was to inform me that they will not be renewing my policy and give me the telephone number of Capita Assistance who are supposed to be appointing a legal representative to defend the civil actions. During the one phone call I made to Capita Assistance they were anything but helpful and insinuated that I have behaved deviously because I have not made a claim for the damage to my car

I really feel that LV has behaved very badly by admitting total liablity for the accident without hearing my account of it. At the very least, they have cost me 2 years NCB and invited the entirely fraudulent civil actions that the other driver has now brought against me

The moral of this story is that if you are insured with LV and you have an accident, when you report the accident to them........ DON'T ASK THEM FOR ADVICE AND DON'T ADMIT TO ANYTHING!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Derek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvie

That's not on by them, if i were you fish around for a cheaper quote when the time arises let them sod off.

My Dad was hit my a motorcycle. The motorcyclist was 100% in the wrong.

Then what happen's the Cop's were called in waiting for them this man does a runner in2 the crowd's,and get's away.

It work out the bike was just bought 4 day's prior bike had'nt been taxed insured the work's.

The damage of my dad's car at the time a bmw 330ci was €7000 odd euro.

Was'nt very nice.

Just thought i share that.

Derek.
ian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you I'd find out which trade organizations they belong to if any, and confirm they followed the code of conduct for that organization.

These sites could be helpful;
http://contact-problem-motor-insurance.motor-insurance.uk.net/
http://www.motor-insurance-365.com/complaints.asp
http://www.uk-insurance-pages.co.uk/insurance/insuranceregulators.html

Hope you get some satisfaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / Montero insurers / insurance All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: