QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Riverdale Motor Company - East Peckham, Kent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marky

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:11    Post subject: Riverdale Motor Company - East Peckham, Kent Reply with quote

Just picked up my new Pajero from Riverdale... Got to say they were brilliant to deal with...

The two Johns (father and son) are really nice honest people to buy from and they always have a good stock of cars fairly priced....

I would thoroughly recommend them.....
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 9:11    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Gray

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:17    Post subject: Riverdale Motors - East Peckham Reply with quote

What can I say, excellent service.

I bought a 96 2.8TD exceed lwb from them. Went down there after reading the info on this site and theirs, looked the motor over, went home to pick the missus up, brought her down and had a test drive. I must say, I had viewed quite a few cars and the ones at Riverdale are the best condition cars I have seen for the money.

John (the younger) was brilliant, I got the standard new MOT, tax, 12 month warranty and John threw in the CAT I alarm / immobiliser for free Exclamation

The car had a few niggles, rear aircon / heater didn't work after picking the car up, the left hand speakers failed and the sunroof leading edge has signs of corrosion. Took the car back the following day after phoning John, the aircon/heater turned out to be a blown fuse Embarassed , the radio had a loose connection and was swapped for a new one on the spot and the sunroof is being replaced in a couple of weeks Very Happy

All in all, an excellent company and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've had a lot of positive feedback about Riverdale, and it's great to get more!

As a general point ... ask yourself this ... a known problem with ALL the Pajeros with a sunroof is rust on the underside (usually offside?) leading edge of the sunroof ... Why don't the dealers pick this up straight away and sort it out before the motor ends up on the fore-court ... In fact, here's a list of things that should be sorted for every trade Pajero :

Sort out the Pitman Arm - all Mk2 models are in the mitsi recall
sort out the radio (band expander at the least, UK model at best)
sort out the rusty sunroof
get the underside undersealed - waxoyled at the least!
make sure the headlamp washers are working
make sure a new set of belts (2.5 tdi) are fitted!
make sure the air-con is serviced
Get the EGR valve properly blanked off
Make sure the 4wd is fully operational
make sure all the little interior bulbs are functioning
Make sure all the standard service parts have been done (oil, filters, rad fluid, brake fluid etc)

Now these would by my top requirements - you could probably add more!

This is not a dig at Riverdale - we have had nothing but praise about them, it's just a brief summary of the generally reported problems to the club about cars from numerous other dealers!

Simon.
Marky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Pitman Arm the dealers don't seem keen to help the Pajero dealers.... Understandable I suppose when somebody is forcing your potentially huge margins down and taking your customers....

Also having just gone to Mitsubishi dealer for a new Pitman Arm on my second Pajero it appears that VIN number is now not enough... The would not entertain me until I had given them a copy of the vehicles V5.... Why...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Dealers / Motor Traders All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: