2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

what should the manual gaer stick be in on normal road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dukey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:12    Post subject: what should the manual gaer stick be in on normal road Reply with quote

Hi just purcahed mine it seams a little bit wobbley steering its just passed mot when i bought it the right hand wheel glows green on dash board what should the stick be in 2 4 th i dont know does yours wobble a bit lie its pulling or are they like that
thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:12    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rtcb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the road your diagram should show only 2 rear wheels green (the little gear lever ever is way back, in 2 wheel drive / HIGH gear).

move the little lever forward 1 notch and you are in 4 wheel drive High Gear. Further one more notch and you've engaged the center difflock, further again and to the left is 4 wheel drive HIGH with Diffflock engaged, (DO NOT USE on Tarmac!!) further down again and you engage 4 wheel drive LOW with difflock engaged. than push the little button down below on the right of the console and you engage the rear difflock.

Picture in front shows 4 wheels and 2 amber blobs(your diff locks) engaged. Do Not Drive Like this on the Road its going to be very Exspensive!!
Read the Manual (that's the Book that came with the car!)
Ta, Raoul
Painless

Zodiac: Libra
Location: near Apeldoorn (a comfortable 94 kms from Amsterdam), Nederland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 2H on highway and in the city and 4H on country roads.
LLc is for off-road driving, don't use on tarmac! Gears will be severely crushed, I've been told. Expensive, as Raoul said.

Wobbly steering: if your car moves in a straight line on a highway, nothing is wrong with it, although small corrections of 10-20 degrees with the steering wheel are usual on all-terrain cars (try a Defender, it's worse!). Cornering is also more vague than in your usual saloon.
bill

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

dukey, where are you?
nothing to say where you are and if you are near a member he may be able to meet up and assist you.
see you at abingdon september matey
cheers]
Blondie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: