Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

EO - Interior temperature sensor problem - help!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the search type in interior AND sensor

lots of post including part numbers from RS Supplies <-- Click to link

buy a thermistor and cut a piece of very thin metal (coke can) stick it on and solder the wires on
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 18:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bomber

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 15:45    Post subject: Re: inside temp sencer how much Reply with quote

ramskill wrote:
"happy new year to you all may the mud times roll"    well im after the inside temp sencer just under the drivers wheel , been on flebay and there is one on £20 is that about right?. seems alot for such a little thing + i dont trust the kid sellin it how much do thay cast new?.    what you think

Hope you're sorted now?

I did add part numbers in a thread about the Indoor sensor from RS plus cost and although you can only buy from RS in pkts of five it's still cheaper then the £20 you have mentioned here, (by half with posting and packing)!

All there is under the steering wheel is a small gap with two wires that just need soldering to the sensor which you can just pull out from the front "dead easy job"    

I cut out a piece of black velcro to cover over the cut out, temp is still spot on! (without tins or metal plates) have fun.

Peter

RS Supplies - direct part link HERE <-- Click to link

Your parts number : 191-2235 ( Thermistor,NTC,K164,-55 to +125°C,1 kOhm )

hope this helps?

BTW - Maplins as far as I am aware sell the "Incorrect value" thermister (or at least when I had a look originally)
ZARGONE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 18:24    Post subject: sensor Reply with quote

Where is the external sensor located ? & is it the same sensor as the internal one ? Both of mine are dead  Crying or Very sad
BIG RED

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

the external one on my 2.8 is behind the front grill on right hand side as you look at it.by the air con rad.
ZARGONE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 16:24    Post subject: Thermistor Reply with quote

Hi folks' I sent for some of the above thermistors, I soldered one on to the two wires and no change at all. still getting a E5 or is it ES on gauge. Any ideas chaps ? I have the 2.5 LWB. Cheers  Confused
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 17:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Zargone Very Happy

Ged 285 just had a similar problem.( see post below this one in electrical) I suggested attaching the thermistor to an aluminium plate, don't know if it worked yet as he probably has'nt tried it yet.

See you when you're glued up Laughing
Emax
ZARGONE

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 22:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

emax wrote:
Hello Zargone Very Happy

Ged 285 just had a similar problem.( see post below this one in electrical) I suggested attaching the thermistor to an aluminium plate, don't know if it worked yet as he probably has'nt tried it yet.

See you when you're glued up Laughing
Emax

Cheers Emax  Wink  I don't see how gluing it will work but will have a go and report back here with results.  scratch

OK did the glue thing with the alloy no change.  Bloody freezing out there   dontknow what to do now.
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Zargone Very Happy

I think you are only left with faulty wiring or  gauge.  Hope it is an easy fix.

See you when the temperature rises Wink
emax
dave36

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

one hell of a learning process these Pajeros.  My K plate 2.5td import also has a heater problem, sometimes its warm most of the time its not.
I have the 3 dials on top of the dash, the one marked temp and compass never shows anything other than an occasional bilinking compass display with no backlight - is the fix a simple matter of changing this cluster or would I be starting in the wrong place?
emax
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello D36 Very Happy

If you do a search (in red) above and type in compass and repair there are a few replies re. this problem. Personally I would go to as breakers and get a second hand unit, seems to be plenty of poor pajies in the yards now Sad .

Post another question in the Aircon and heater issues section for the heater prob. Flushing out the cooling system may be a good place to start Idea

See you going in the right direction Laughing
emax
mark72

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40    Post subject: Re: Thermistor Reply with quote

ZARGONE wrote:
Hi folks' I sent for some of the above thermistors, I soldered one on to the two wires and no change at all. still getting a E5 or is it ES on gauge. Any ideas chaps ? I have the 2.5 LWB. Cheers  Confused

Hi ZARGONE,
 I'm in British Columbia, Canada and am trying to get my hands on one of these thermistors (got the dreaded -26 deg C readout). I haven't been able to source them in quantites smaller than 1000 units in North America. Any chance you have got a spare you can send me. I'm happy to pay you for it if we can work out how (paypal account etc ?).
Thanks,
Mark.
Diffcruncher

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53    Post subject: 2 leads at the sensor? Reply with quote

I all  I have just taken my steering collumn off to trace the leads for the internal temperature sensor .
There are two connectors there. both are identical. Ones is for the lead that has the thermistor on the end but whats the other one for?
And do you have to recalibrate the sensor when you attach the lead?
Diffcruncher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:47    Post subject: Thermistor Reply with quote

Note to everyone who cant get thermistors
GO to your local wrekers and grab the thermistor lead.  they also have the metal plates..
schweps

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread seems quite old but i hope there are still someone watching.
I wonder if i could use the inside thermistor for radiator top hose or block temperature measurement on the same display?
cheers.
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea  Idea NOW THERES A THOUGHT  Rolling Eyes There must be a way with some thermistor set up. The existing gauge would not register a high enough temperature, so some readout has to be included[Digital ?].
C'mon you electronics whiz kids what about putting your heads to some [CHEAP] design. Confused  Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Electrical issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: