eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Roof lining - What glue to use?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badsworth

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 15:26    Post subject: Roof lining - What glue to use? Reply with quote

A section of my roof lining is hanging down. The garage has tried to glue it back without success, so I shall have to do it myself. Does anyone know what kind of glue I should use please?

It is for a Mark 2 2.8TD.

Gavin Edwards
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 15:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rickladds
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evostick is usually good.
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

id agree and make sure to leave all the windows and doors closed and the lid off cos if u make a hash of it youll be that high u wont care Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Scotsbob

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you thought about double sided tape....it is VERY sticky.....it comes in a few different width's, you would prolly be looking for the slimest one Wink
Just a option apart from messy glue Smile

SB.
ukrabbiter

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about spray adhesive? (available @ B&Q)
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotsbob wrote:
have you thought about double sided tape....it is VERY sticky......

I have never found one that withstands summer temperatures - they all let go with the heat sooner rather than later. Impact adhesive is probably the best suggestion (Evo Stik) for cloth to other surface.
speedy1

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 23:23    Post subject: great care Reply with quote

I used a product called miter bond its basically super glue with an activator 10-15 seconds setting time max-- depends how much has to be glued back - evo contact can be used in conjunction with it --miter bond to hold the edge's for more strength ( care and users discretion needed I use it every day in my work --a word of warning -if glue is sprayed over directly by activator it will go white get some and practice with it before doing the job it will come in handy for all sorts of jobs if no good for your immediate requirement's.
hope this may be of some help
Andy
ukrabbiter

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mitre Bond is good stuff, and very strong
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
badsworth

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 20:39    Post subject: D/S Tape Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions - I tried the tape - it held for a couple of days then let go.

I'll try Evostick next - then Mitre Bond if that is no good. It sounds a bit scary! I'd hate you to read in the newspapers about 'Man found glued to roof of Pajero!'.

B
speedy1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not Ive been glued to a wardrobe it only hurts when you pull , seriously though only the person looking at the problem can decide the solution I have used miter bond on the paj ie parting vinyl on dash were a strong instant bond is the only thing that will work (as said user discretion ) and that is a difficult thing to post when half cut as I am , but then as my great great great grandad used to say to me when I was thirty eight common sense will prevail (if u have any} joker Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
JayCee
Events rep (Ireland)
Events rep (Ireland)

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without any doubt...

TIGERSEAL .. Pricey but the best ,
You could probably stick the front wing on with it.
speedy1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedy1 wrote:
why not Ive been glued to a wardrobe it only hurts when you pull , seriously though only the person looking at the problem can decide the solution I have used miter bond on the paj ie parting vinyl on dash were a strong instant bond is the only thing that will work (as said user discretion ) and that is a difficult thing to post when half cut as I am , but then as my great great great grandad used to say to me when I was thirty eight common sense will prevail (if u have any} joker Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Evostick contact 4 the large areas --and miter mate for the tucked in edges FOR STRENGTH I dont know. ( I thought I woz the thickest on here all adversaries will be quashed) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
speedy1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayCee wrote:
Without any doubt...

TIGERSEAL .. Pricey but the best ,
You could probably stick the front wing on with it.
WATS tiger seal can I glue wardrobes together with it????still can peel at the edges as said user discretion)
helijohn
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use Evo Stik a lot ...hiccup hiccup.......when I used to do conversions and a lining had to be fitted. I would be very surprised if it failed. In some situations I wouldn't let it get too dry so I could move the pieces around to line them up. Never failed.
speedy1

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 23:48    Post subject: BE WARNED USERS DISCRETION Reply with quote

USERS discretion on all adhesives no matter which ...you have advice on the most effective they do work in there respective fields trial is the emphasis on this discussion this is my last post on this subject bye and good luck to all. Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: