2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Oil Flush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotsbob

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Oil Flush Reply with quote

I see a lot of advice on oil changes, and people saying they flush the engine...before putting in clean oil, errr...wot do you flush it with, just a cheap oil or the like ?...same for the atf, wot do you flush that with, surely not nice new stuff then bin it Confused

SB.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 21:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Hightop Honey

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protec from the club shop m8. Just did mine, loads of guys on here swear by it. Must admit cant say exactly what it does and I aint noticed any difference in performance since the change.

But try it certainly wont do any harm

HTH

Andy
phil.p
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can buy a tin of eng oil flush from any good car acces shop.
the club does a very good one called protec eng flush,you add it to your old oil and run for ten minutes at normal running temp and then drain and fit new oil + filter.and a can of protec oil booster
the protec eng oil flush cleans out all the old carbon deposits in the engine , helps free up sticky rings etc, Wink
it does every thing it says on the can Laughing
protec is used by the mmc garages.
Ivor Green

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil .P is bang on as usual , yes we use it in most services , what happens is over a period of time the rings stick to the piston reducing compresion and alowing blow by gass's to go past the piston and cuse crank case compresion this results in oil leaks . like rear main oil seals fron cam shaft oil seal and exsessive oil vapour being dumped back into the inlet hose and thus back into the engine , at very litte it will reduce oil consuption and at best it can improve performance and reduce fuel consumption .
I dont get any kick back form Protec but have found thast if yuo reccamend a product or item you had better make sure it wont cause problems and in all the years I have been using it we have never ever had a problem , some of the cheap flush's dislodge's the crud as we call it , but is unable to disolve it and suspend it in the oil as does Protec , the problem then is it can partly block the oil pickup pipe , so I am glad to say this is not a problem I have had with Protec , infact I would go as far as to say , all of there products are pretty good .
Scotsbob

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, seems straightforward now Laughing
I just had my paj a week, and it was serviced before collection, but the oil is Black Sad Should it be so black after a week ?, I realise that, that shows it is working, still...i remember having cleaner oil in petrol cars after same time.

SB.
ian sutherland

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

engine oil in diesels gets a lot dirtier a lot quicker because it is classed as a dirty engine. you want clean buy a petrol.
i love it mmmmmmmmmmmmso nice Laughing Laughing Laughing
ahalton

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:55    Post subject: Oil Reply with quote

Engine oil in a diesel is only black because its not had regular engine flushes Wink

But yes the petrols are cleaner, its was its birthday yesterday, 240,000 kms and the oil stays nice and gold for the first 1000 miles and then slowly goes brown until it gets changed.

Andrew
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 18:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following advice from morex4, I did mine for the first time in 2 years of having my Paj.

I'll admit, I did not use Protec.

But I slung in a tin of Engine Flush, ran at 2,500rpm for about 5mins, then dropped the oil for an hour making sure all the gunk came out.

Then filled it with mineral oil, and also a tin of oil booster/tonic and well, it runs like an absolute dream.

So smooth & quite as a door mouse. Just purrs at traffic lights, and you get a nice sound when driving along.

Only thing I have been doing is adding Deisel tonic every several times I fill up.

Np porbs whatsoever.

Just got to wait to get mine, or a new one, back on the road now!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: