QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

CLUB SHOP IS FANTASTIC !!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Rate the seller
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Please rate your experience with the POCUK online shop ...
Superb!
100%
 100%  [ 24 ]
Very good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Below par!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

I do my best!

Simon Cool
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 18:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy new white dials then John  Laughing
leebeelee123
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job you are keeping that 2.5 then ay it John? Wink  Laughing  Laughing
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

leebeelee123 wrote:
Good job you are keeping that 2.5 then ay it John? Wink  Laughing  Laughing

just gotta pluck up the courage now to fit them Wink

i,m good at taking things apart but no good at putting things back together as you allready know that lee  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
benw

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:47    Post subject: Victory is mine (And the pocuk shop!!) Reply with quote

My 2.8TD has been belching out white smoke every morning and afternoon since I picked it up a few weeks ago. It was especially embarrasing when leaving work in the evening as I seemed to attract the attention of most of the 600 people that work in the same building as I do!

I checked the voltage across the bus bar which read 11.4v or so when the relay was clicked in so that seemed to be okay. So I took the bar off and noticed that it was both filthy and the slots that the plugs bolt to were all worn and some of the slots had widened so I spent a while bending them back and scrubbing with a fine wire brush. Having done that it was a complete pain in the *beep* to put back and I had to spend ages fiddling about under the bonnet to get it to fit properly. Stupid thing. Why the hell couldn't they drill holes instead of slots? It's not like you're taking the thing on and off all the time.

Anyhow, having been all the way round with the test meter and cleaning the bus bar I fired her up the next morning and the smoke any lumpy running were just as bad as ever. It had to be the glow plugs. The ones that were fitted didn't look that old and the tips seemed to be visually okay so I tested the resistance across each one and they were all the same. They did have red tops to them though and everyone here says green tops so I eventually pursuaded myself to buy some new ones. I was expecting a serious wallet bashing but was surprised to see pattern parts listed in the club shop for a £49 a set. Being a penny pincher I did have a quick look around elsewhere to see what was available but, take it from me, you won't buy these plugs cheaper. You also won't get the reassurance that they are tried and tested by other owners. So I made an order from the club shop late on Monday evening and they arrived yesterday (Thursday) morning.

Last night I got home from work and rushed out eagerly to fit them. I was stopped almost immediately though because I didn't have a deep enough socket to undo the plugs with. I tried a long and short spanner but there just wasn't enough room. I nearly gave up but then I remembered that I had an old toolbox with an assortment of junk that my uncle handed down to me and after a quick search inside, out comes a 12mm socket. Given that there were only about 8 sockets in the box and most of them were imperial sizes I considered myself lucky! They were only marginally deeper than the first one I tried but by not fitting the driver entirely in to the socket I just about got away with it.

I thought the job was as good as over but fitting that bl00dy bus bar back was a nightmare. After much swearing I realised that the new plugs didn't have washers on the threaded shaft so when I tightened down the nut the bus bar was just mashing in to the top of the plug and widening the slot. After I'd spent about half an hour fitting washers, reshaping the bus bar and very carefully tightening it all back up they were on.

Got in the car at 8am this morning with an outside temperature of 7 degrees, turned the key after hearing the second click from the relays and she fired straight in to life with no smoke, no misfiring and purring like a cat. Idle had dropped to about 600rpm so it was slightly more uneven than usual but nothing to worry about. I think she may start just as well without having to wait for the second click.

So thanks to the club shop for getting the perfect part out to me so quickly and at a very reasonable price. And thanks to everyone for the advice posted on here. Just a couple of things I would add:

1: Make sure you have a deep socket to get the plugs in and out with. Both my sets of plugs had 12mm fittings - I'm guessing they are all the same? A universal joint for your socket set helps otherwise you'd probably have to take some pipes off the intercooler to get access.

2: Fit washers to the top of the glow plugs before tightening up. My old plugs did have a nice flat base for the nut to tighten on to so washers weren't needed but the new ones didn't and they may *beep* up the bus bar if you use them as they are.

3. Try not to bend or mishape the bus bur when you are removing, cleaning or fitting it because it's a pig to get it back again. I also recommend you tighten the one that's furthest away from you first because the twisting of the nut will tend to swing the bus bar toward the other plugs. If you do the one nearest you first it will tend to swing the bus bar away from the other plugs and you need three hands to hold everything in place whilst you tighten.
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it sorted mate, and to a really bargainous end too!

One thing I would say though is, dont try and starting it before the 2nd click, as it is not designed too. If you do, you will probably find it will just turn until the plugs ahve reached the temp anyway, and in comparison, no quicker!

The only thing it will do is wear your starter out quicker I suppose.

Again, glad your all sorted and running sweet. Your idle could do with being a bit higher, around 750rpm it should be.
Captain England
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

A1 service....Nice one, Many thanks,

Last edited by Captain England on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:11; edited 1 time in total
rcxkryten
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 0:25    Post subject: POCUK/Simon Reply with quote

Just wanted to say tahnks for the quick delivery ona  new set of YDs Arrived within 48 hours Very Happy

Roll on tuesday when the new work car arrives, YD the first thing to go in (actually thats a lie the key will be the first thing to go in but you know what i mean)
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why ... thank you! notworthy

Doesn't always make me 'Mr popular' at home, but I ALWAYS do my best to ensure prompt turnaround.

There've been comments before about lack of variety of stock, range of stock etc ... but, (with the exception of wheelcovers), what you see in the shop I HAVE in stock ... You won't ever find yourself getting ripped off or let down by the POCUK (Myself) over stuff I have for sale Cool

Thanks for the feedback buddy - much appreciated!

Simon thumbright
Netsniperthefirst
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 20:00    Post subject: Admin / PoCUK / Simon Reply with quote

Just to say that this is a real first class seller/member cheers Simon  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered my YD's on Monday...... posty has delivered them today thumbup Thanks Simon

Paj won't be naked any more Laughing
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

minesapasty wrote:
Ordered my YD's on Monday...... posty has delivered them today thumbup Thanks Simon

Paj won't be naked any more Laughing

Have you asked officially to return, shouldn't your post count only start from new Pajero, should we be having a vote on his return ? Laughing  Laughing  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Wink
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie wrote:
Have you asked officially to return, shouldn't your post count only start from new Pajero, should we be having a vote on his return ? Laughing  Laughing  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Rolling Eyes  Wink  Wink

Bogg off   pottytrain2  pottytrain2 or I'll tell the nursey who ate his pasties (Oooops, I forgot, he already knows the answer to that one Laughing  Laughing)
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh I haven't forgotten him and that bloody Scouser  Twisted Evil  Wink  Laughing
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel cover arrived today  Very Happy

Simon put a note in with my YD's saying that the wheel cover would arrive within 3 to 5 working days as it is sent direct from wherever it is made/printed.

I guess you could say that it is actually 2 working days..... I ordered it on Monday evening and it has arrived first thing Thursday. Well happy with the product and the service Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Rate the seller All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: