QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Have your say in the Club !!

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fat bloke

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should change much, dont fix it if it aint broke.

the continued success of the club clearly shows that the current format is the correct one.

As with any 'free' service you will always get a large proportion of members who will join up, extract what info they need then disappear into the moonlight...never to post again. Perhaps a £5 fee to acess the tech forums would 'encourage' people to be more involved with the give-and-take aspect.

Let it be said though that I, amongst others, do fully appreciate the time & effort put into the running of the site.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Joe1433

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:53    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

The Apache wrote:
Joe1433 wrote:
I'd like to see a longer list of new posts when i log in like the mud club sight .

flippin eck, we try as hard as we can m8  Rolling Eyes Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

No i knew this would come out the wrong way if the first screen 1 of 3 on here has 30 posts and the second has 30 posts mud club's has about 50 on the first page !! then so on.
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree about the forums part of the club not needing to change much, just the odd tweak as issues come up....it seems to work quite nicely as it is.

raising the profile at events is though something we do need to try and adress, its true, we seem often to be the 'poor relation' at times, but then again i think that is also appealing, too much pomp can be off putting, what we want to promote is the helpfull and fun sides of the club, let others see that we encompass all aspects of pajero ownership.

now how do we achieve this? erm.....off for a think........
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:51    Post subject: Re: ! Reply with quote

The Apache wrote:
Joe1433 wrote:
I'd like to see a longer list of new posts when i log in like the mud club sight .

flippin eck, we try as hard as we can m8  Rolling Eyes Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Sorry m8, my misunderstanding. Wink
Right Simon, get it sorted  Laughing
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely we need to market the Club more?  I think this post says a lot about the number of owners that are oblivious to our existence:-

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50608

That's an awful lot of non-members... or are some of them members without yellow diamonds?

I try to do my bit by zapping Pajeros and Shoguns with my flyer whenever I see them but I know it's a pretty futile exercise... other than making people aware that there actually is an owner's club, I s'pose!  Confused

I have no idea what the answer is but between us we ought to be able to come up with some sort of strategy for raising the overall profile of the Club... we probably have several members who are in the 'marketing game' and could offer a few professional pointers!  Rolling Eyes
Spongo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 20:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would like to see the social side increase a bit, maybe do some pub meets like other clubs do (Ok I admit it I am also a member of the Range Rover Register).

They have pub meets quiz nights etc and I am sure they dont have signifcantly more members than we do.

There are regional reps that do the organising for these events maybe we could enlist a few people to do something like that.
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 21:28    Post subject: raffle Reply with quote

how about a weekly or monthly raffle to win vouchers to exchange in the club shop , the more vouchers you accumalate the better the purchase,
and a forum where we can see how many vouchers you have accumalateted , just a thought on help of funding this great club. Idea
Painless

Zodiac: Libra
Location: near Apeldoorn (a comfortable 94 kms from Amsterdam), Nederland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 23:32    Post subject: Re: Have your say in the Club !! Reply with quote

mark dale wrote:
hello !!

a few of us on the events team, and a few others are currently looking at ways we can update/improve/upgrade the POCUK site, and facilities etc .....  this  is part of a continual process to keep the club dynamic !

mark " seeking opinion " dale

Improvement means change. I've got no problem with change, I love it. But one of the key values of this club is the slow evolving into a gem on the web. People come here and find a happy, helpfull lot of 'soulmates'. It's warming. And extremely usefull when you're in some kind of trouble with the Pajero.

But people who drive an all-terrain vehicle are freedom-loving by nature, I think. And a bit lazy is about 90% of any group. And the active ones are always busy at the best of times. That's a mixture of people that loves gems (like this awesome club) but tends to leave the precious things alone for the others to enjoy.

Like your favourite bar in town. When they organise something, it always leaves the few organisers with the feeling of 'why isn't everyone here? No one really wants to change it too much. But if the door sticks, there's always someone who'll fix it, without asking and without the need to become famous.

But that's only my opinion and I'm quite lazy right now Wink
Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50816&highlight=

mark- as we discussed a few weeks ago.......
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Frank has hit the nail on the head ...

we're the old friend that you meet up with and say "Blimey! Is it really that long since we last met up" ... like a comfy blanket, or favourite perfume ... always there!

Be nice to be a bit more 'happening' though Confused

Simon
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye.
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

big thumbs up for the site

only thing id change if i dare is:-

have regional grps and use pocuk as the head of the club, that way u delegate running the club too a sub commitee made up of "heads" of the regions

and with that format, we could have mini meets when and where ever organised by that region (other regions always welcome) and then it leaves pocuk too organise the big DADDYS of the meets:P

anyway just an idea pls dont flame me, but if u do, so b it im big enuff and ugly enuff too take it hehe
cssuk

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 0:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have got/had?? regional guys n gals and a good job they do too its difficult to think of many ways to improve the club and raise profiles and funding much without taking away the very spirit of the whole thing that we all appreciate so much i think the last thing we want is a big commersial monster which will mean we get lost in the general humdrum what we do need is a bigger profile and a more organised structure if you like a promoting group or person who  looks for opportunities to push us and get us noticed personally i feel we should get involved more with other clubs pool knowledge share outings etc i dont care what car you take offroad or down the lanes the fact we share a common interest is enough for me the jap show is a prime example the deli crew did it in style what did the landcruiser and trooper boys do? or us for that matter we should have had a big representation from all clubs organised by one person with a big marquee that takes money ...personally the best idea i have seen is a raffle monthly for a box of goodies /service parts 5 quid in full service kit out or cambelt or whatever the winner wants to a price point after all how many of us would like to service our paj for a fiver?, could even get a set of shocks or something from an advertiser to promote their stock the list goes on if its worthwhile and splashed all over the front screen people will join in
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep ...

we have the makings of this idea already in place - starting with the Where are you? section.

In addition, we do have regional reps (events cordinators) - I guess their profile needs raising?

And, if you click on the Usergroups at the top of the forums, you will see that we have some regional groups in place that you can register withh to be informed of up-coming events - new 'regions' are simple to add.

Simon Wink
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i put myself wrongly... let me try again haha

use pocuk has  the parent club, and then the others areas being a club in its own right, and each sub club has its own task of bringing itself forward too perspective members

this way i think it makes it easier for the main admin peeps coz at the end of the day this is a big country with a big member database

outline

main head club - POCUK -

sub clubs (examples)
South East
South West
Midlands East
Midlands West
North East
North West
Scottish East
Scottish West

like i say just examples to b tweaked upon:P

this way, main honchos for the sub clubs run the day to day of the club, overseen by the Main Admin Guys of POCUK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: