2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Have your say in the Club !!

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobby
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a Shogun counts but expect some banter over it Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

LFM wrote:
as for not owning a paj i am looking at getting one but does a shogun count Laughing

well, now we've actually seen it !!!  ..  it still needs to get muddy though !!!  Laughing

aye gareth, and despite you being an "alien" you help out tons on meets etc !!!

all welcome !!

mark " likes helpers" dale
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

im wanting to take advantage of paying the 25pounds for life membership but i dont use the net for monetary transactions, i know the pit falls are too easy to b ripped off

now os there any chance of  me paying my mebership fee at the scarborough meet????????
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

paji-shieldy wrote:
im wanting to take advantage of paying the 25pounds for life membership but i dont use the net for monetary transactions, i know the pit falls are too easy to b ripped off

now os there any chance of  me paying my mebership fee at the scarborough meet????????

Pajero Owners Club (UK)

FREEPOST SWB20806,

Christchurch,

BH23 8ZZ

UK
Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless i misunderstood it completely - i dont think that PajShieldy meant split into different clubs.
I read its as giving the regional aspect of the club more room to grow and develop - therefore allowing POCUK.COM to grow and develop.  I still believe that more regionalisation of the social aspect of the club is no bad thing.

I live in the midlands and i try to do my bit as and when, as do others.

Mr Dale organises a lot of events, and does so extremely well, i am sure that there are others around here that would support smaller, shorter more local and maybe more social than laning events - Apache, Gazzizz, and myself have done so recently.

I do not know how it works in reality but Brownie's South Western user group appears to be a good model, but again i may not understand how that works in reality, so it may not be.

I do not advocate change - just a continuation of how things develop organically.
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exactly it tiger, thank you:P
Spongo

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to agree with most of what has been said here but to organise a social pub meet for the whole of the SW is to be honest a nightmare.

I have seen how it works in the Range Rover register as they have a similar region and they only get a few people along cos they chose a pub in the middle of the area which to be honest is in the middle of nowhere.

What I would like to see if bi-monthly get togethers at a pub near a large conurbation that would interest all members including families.

Just think it would be nice to get a more local flavour to meets, we might then get a reasonable attendance.
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spongo wrote:
Got to agree with most of what has been said here but to organise a social pub meet for the whole of the SW is to be honest a nightmare.

You're not wrong there Spongy! Somebody from Penzance is about 300 miles from a member in Swindon! Even farther from Basingstoke! (Hampshire is within our South West Region). Shocked  Wink
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

another suggestion if i may

when holding meets, how about taking the "shop" along also??????

like 1 at scarborough this weekend

o and u all organise isurance for our cars

haha how about medical insurance whilst working on our cars

reason being haha read "chat" section title "funny thing happened yesterday" haha
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anybody else agrees, but i think the the Technical forum might benefit from a restructure.
At the moment it's a huge treasure chest full of fantastic information, but it's a bit "all over the place" if you get my drift.
I know there is the search facility, but wouldn't it be nice if it was categorised, ie, electrical, engine, brakes, tyres, transmission, bodywork, etc. oh and of course EGR Laughing Air Con and ICE are already on their own.
There are technical areas where some members have a higher level of expertise in than other areas, and if there were a way for these members to be able to see posts about a particular issue more easily, they may be able to offer advice more quickly.
I've recently noticed quite a lot of posts regarding tyres, particularly asking for buying advice, and having just bought a new set, i would like to be able to post a review in a specific place, afterall, buying tyres is an expensive ordeal, so finding sound advice easily, would be of benefit to a buyer.

I accept that trawling through and categorising would be a mammoth task, but worth it in the end.
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Apache wrote:
I don't know if anybody else agrees, but i think the the Technical forum might benefit from a restructure.
At the moment it's a huge treasure chest full of fantastic information, but it's a bit "all over the place" if you get my drift.
I know there is the search facility, but wouldn't it be nice if it was categorised, ie, electrical, engine, brakes, tyres, transmission, bodywork, etc. oh and of course EGR Laughing Air Con and ICE are already on their own.
There are technical areas where some members have a higher level of expertise in than other areas, and if there were a way for these members to be able to see posts about a particular issue more easily, they may be able to offer advice more quickly.
I've recently noticed quite a lot of posts regarding tyres, particularly asking for buying advice, and having just bought a new set, i would like to be able to post a review in a specific place, afterall, buying tyres is an expensive ordeal, so finding sound advice easily, would be of benefit to a buyer.

I accept that trawling through and categorising would be a mammoth task, but worth it in the end.

yep, agreed  -  if it was split into sections now,  and all subsequent posts went into relevant sections, it would self categorise itself !!!  - existing posts could remain as archive, or someone could move them into relevant area when they have time ......

this is already done to an extent on ITOCUK.....

mark " spending time with the troopers" dale
Tiger

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this has highlighted a lot of good ideas, suggestions and even debate.  Most  of it pointing out that the we are all very positive about POCUK.

Just wondering if there will be any feedback from Simon  or Brownie et al on this thread?
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a newbie to the forum and like the fact membership is free having said that I would gladly pay if something like a "try before you buy" scheme was introduced, first month free after that you are asked to pay a nominal fee per annum to retain full access to things like club discounts, events and the forum. For this fee you get your yellow diamonds free ensuring everyone who is serious about being a member whether they stand and be counted or are happy being browsers has at least had the diamonds to put on their paj if they wish.

A voluntary system of contribution means the vast majority will  most likely not volunteer (i admit i gave the minimum contribution but ive just payed for the paj so this month is well tight)

Advertising the club is important, I see many paj's round my way and only one has had diamonds on. How about having sun strips/spare wheel covers made with www.pocuk.com on as well as a picture/logo, if they are tastefully done (sorry no yellow diamond THAT big is going on the back of my paj) members would in all probability buy them especially if they are competitive with those available on the well known auction site.

Regional groups is a good idea and the Stoke and Derby groups are already active, Ive been invited to Stoke and found Derby were organising a get together when I found their group area. i'm going to both because they are local to me, I would love to go to the national events but simple fact is I cant afford to, maybe one a year at present if Im lucky (definitely up for the next mega meet though.. im saving my pennies for that one).

What I would suggest is implementing a couple of regional hosts in each region, their role would be to make newbies like myself feel welcome and draw us into the group, its going to be intimidating for me at the first few meets I go to, I dont know anyone and everyone knows what its like to be the outsider amongst a group of people who know each other fairly well, not everyone is pigheaded or should that be dumb enough to stick at it, if they have a bad first meet and dont feel welcome you can  forget them coming to another.
They could also communicate with neighbouring regions to organise mini regional get togethers. Stoke go to Derby and vice versa or meet at a pub on the border for a meal and a drink as an example. If you wanted to spend a few hours greenlaning you could, split into groups of 4 and the local lads can show the visitors a good time and all meet up later for a social. If you always met at the same place after a while you could even perhaps negotiate a little discount with the landlord on food and drink, not saying you would have to do that but its a possibility. The regional hosts would need to be steady individuals though to keep personality clashes under control and with say 2 per region there are better odds of at least one person remaining objective. A code of conduct would need to be established if it doesnt already exist and a term of membership would be acceptance and adherance of this code, not because we're an unruly bunch of louts but to protect us as individuals and a club.

Thats it ive written an essay and if youve got this far.. thanks for listening to my ramblings, if ive said anything that has already been said a hundred times......SORRY, not that you old hands will listen to a wet behind the ears newb anyway  Very Happy  tongue1
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger wrote:
So far this has highlighted a lot of good ideas, suggestions and even debate.  Most  of it pointing out that the we are all very positive about POCUK.

Just wondering if there will be any feedback from Simon  or Brownie et al on this thread?

Problem is Mark, I can only suggest stuff the same as you can! Simon has the power to make the changes that he sees are worth adding! Wink

I certainly think we need to categorise the Technical area more thoroughly. Problem is moving the previous posts into those areas! Can you imagine the time that's going to be needed to do that! Shocked  Sad
stumpyjoe

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baddoo wrote
Quote:
to make newbies like myself feel welcome and draw us into the group, its going to be intimidating for me at the first few meets I go to, I dont know anyone and everyone knows what its like to be the outsider amongst a group of people who know each other fairly well, not everyone is pigheaded or should that be dumb enough to stick at it, if they have a bad first meet and dont feel welcome you can  forget them coming to another.

We're newbies also Baddoo & not the out going type, we have been to two meets sofar & the reception we got was that of old family members or long lost friends.

You can see that also with the newmember introductions, the ones  that i see get at LEAST 11+ welcome to the club ect.

So get yourself to the meets & we'll see you at Stoke, you'll have a laugh & hopefully a great day out.

Jimmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: