eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Have your say in the Club !!

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onan The Barbarian
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't make him a bad person, I s'pose!  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 18:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

rookie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 22:16    Post subject: Views of a Newbie Reply with quote

Hi Fellas
I noted on page one that there was an invitation for newbies to comment on the make-up of the site.

The information contained within this site is vast and comprehensive. I have spent, and intend to continue spending, hours just trawling through it.
Following threads from beggining to end sometimes crosses different subjects and heading of threads sometimes give a misleading indication as to it's content.

Like the majority of newbies to the site, I imagine we have one of two main interests, either we are looking for help with a Mitsi problem or looking for guidance as to which Mitsi to buy.

With this in mind, would it be possible to organise at least the newbie threads into classes of threads. for example:-
FAULTS.
Engine
Gearbox
Running Gear
Electrical
Etc
Etc
PAJERO PURCHASE
What to look out for
Price guide
What model
Etc
Etc
MEMBERS WITH KNOWLEDGE OF PARTICULAR INTEREST
Engine
Gearbox
Running Gear
Electrical
Etc
Etc

and so on and so on!

I noticed when I started today that my first request had probably been dupliated hundreds of times before me. Nothing wrong with that I suppose as it at least gives us newbies a reason to break the ice and start talking.
However, I wonder if the glutt of information may sometimes overwhelm a newbie to such an extent that they give up before trying or perhaps feel a little intimidated by the knowledge of those with greater time and experience.

Having said all that, if nothing ever changed, it would still be a fantastic site and go on to greater glories.

On the subject of raising funds, would it not be possible to sell advertising space to relevant companies. Perhaps we could have a sponsers page which opens automatically after leaving the home page and which can be clicked past if not interested.
The sponsors pages could even be set up by area to attract local companies with perhaps special offers & links to their websites.

I do believe that every member should have to pay some sort of registration fee, though I realise that this one off fee will not keep the money coming in. Perhaps on top of this every member could pay a small annual administration fee. Assuming that if a member uses the technical info and doesn't need to buy a w?shop manual they have saved £20+, then a small annual donation would appear to be excellent value.

Well, that's enough mouthing off from this newbie, but you did ask for it.

Hope to speak to you all in the near future, but hopefully not with a Paj. problem.

Steve notworthy
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve some very revelant points WELL DONE M8 Wink
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

great perceptive post Steve, this site is evolving  Shocked ....   you never know what we have planned, but definately positive input is very welcome,

welcome to the club!!  -   hope to see you online, and at some club meets

see you soon ..maybe

mark " northern " dale
The Apache
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, many thanks for your comments, this is the sort of info we need and especially from newbies  Wink

The Tech forum categorisation is something that is being discussed, it may take a while yet, as it does mean trawling through the Main Tech Forum and consildating and categorising the existing threads.

With regards to membership fees/donations, it is pretty well accepted and that the club will not charge a statutory joining fee, but donations are always welcome and Lifetime Membership for £25 is optional and entitles you to further discounts on insurance, parts, services etc.

Once again, thanks Steve  Wink
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first couple fo screens from when you type in www.pocuk.com could be a bit daunting for new members.

A brief description of what is contained through the links would help navigate club & pc novices.

Also, keeping the site fresh might help. A simple design change on the graphic side of things would make it look more attractive to users.

And one thing I notice alot of sites have, which I love is a 'Print Friendly' link, so as to turn 'off' all the uneccesary surrounds when printing topics off.

Anything else I think of will, let you know.

No offence Simon, the site would still be great even if it was half of what it is now.
Mad Geordies

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:12    Post subject: . Reply with quote

the club needs more promotion as in" publised events just for the pocuk"
when i mean more i mean like" raising cash for summit good but get more involved like papers, mags, tv and alot of members to do it i suppose a bit like the challange britain things thats coming needs more coverage to mags n stuff.
better pay n play days n events up n down the country not just south or right up top there,s loads in the middle!
it has a very good help page
should let admin bend a few rules now n again rather than deleting them,
the club need to attand more 4x4 events and have a pocuk stand so we can stand proud along with landies n troopers n stuff
more involvment for the kids alot of us have youngins so maybe get them involved more after all it is a family site
i would like to do more challanges and trails with pocuk written along the side of my paj in big letters for all to see but i know that this club dont like competition so thats oot!
more events like the one mark dale had it was spot on but cant understand why not many members turned up
members should make more of an effort rather than just using the club to fix there problems they should support the club more
and yes i think every member should pay to join the site maybe £10 a year and then the will recive a yd for there windows!
just a few idea,s probbaly get deleted lol but there you go,
shame i wont be round to see what happens paj is going lol
PJ's Paj
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a big annual meet, one  IN EACH AREA. In addition to MM. Maybe RM (regional meet).
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 13:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea i have seen some where  Wink

on another site they have a map of the UK a bit like google earth and they all have put a little dot where they live so if your ever in doubt and woundering if the neariest Pajero owner is on mars just take a look.

i think its a cool idea. Very Happy

(PS this site is not as scary as everyone makes out i think its brilliant)
AngieRS

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 14:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

One suggestion for meets, apologies if I've missed it elsewhere or if it's already done, is to do something like the CSMA (Civil Service Motoring Association) do and hold road rallying events.  It's not off road as such and is more a test of map reading skills and such like as I understand it but I'm sure a bit of gentle offroading would be good as well and even some night driving thrown in for good measure.  It would bring out a competitive spirit and might be the spur that people need to attend get togethers.
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
I have an idea i have seen some where  Wink

on another site they have a map of the UK a bit like google earth and they all have put a little dot where they live so if your ever in doubt and woundering if the neariest Pajero owner is on mars just take a look.

i think its a cool idea. Very Happy

(PS this site is not as scary as everyone makes out i think its brilliant)

Try THIS <<--- Click on Link  Wink
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i got another one  Very Happy

Name and Shame garages of britian  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

so if you live in an area where you have been riped of real bad you advise other people Very Happy
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight wrote:
ok i got another one  Very Happy

Name and Shame garages of britian  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

so if you live in an area where you have been riped of real bad you advise other people Very Happy

I don't think Simon will go for that one matey! Shocked

There are laws in this country which allow legal action for many things, like 'deformation of character', 'libel', 'slander' ...etc. All of which would end up on Simons table, as he is the owner of the site.

There ARE a group of sections which allow comments about garages/dealers etc....and you don't have to just write the good stuff! Wink You just have to be careful what you write! Unfortunately the bad ones have rights too! Rolling Eyes  Evil or Very Mad
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops  Embarassed  Embarassed  just a quick thought
Da bomb

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the site as is, from a newbie perspective is pretty good, the only suggestions i can think of would maybe have it organised by Mark and year i.e.

Mk 1 19xx - 19xx
Mk 2 19xx - 19xx
MK 3 19xx - 2000

Which would make it easier to identify which version you have and specific fixes for that model.

Also in the profiles it asks for location, how about integrating that with the areas so they are automatically put in the relevant area so you can see how many members are in your region.

I am on another forum where if you pay your annual £5 fee you get a banner stating your support, it also allows you to have a personalised picture Avatar.

However if this turns out to be one big admin nightmare, i can live with the site as it stands!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: