eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

tempted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deborah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 20:30    Post subject: tempted Reply with quote

Can you help me. I have just carried out a test drive in a 94 2.8TD PajeroSWB (auto) I fell in love with it, but didn't buy it as I thought I was maybe being too impulsive as I don't know much about cars. It was £5995 which didnt seem a bad price. I currently drive a Suzuki Vitara (sorry) but have decided to get rid because it doesn't grip the road too well in the wet. People seem to be trying to put me off saying it would be expensive to run, I wont be able to get the parts and the insurance will be very high, but it really drove nicely. Does it sound a good price and could you dispel my fears. I will ring up on Monday to see if its still for sale if you think its a good idea. No pressure!!
Thanks a lot
Take care
Deb Question
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 20:30    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Colin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go on Debs buy it, parts are easy to get not to pricey and insuranse is not bad too, have a look around the forum and you will see what ins costs are and it will be a cracking good car compared to the "sorry" "cough"
S£$%*I.

ATB
Colin.
Deborah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 20:52    Post subject: tempted again Reply with quote

Thanks Colin
I shall get on the phone on Monday
Deb
Allen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, welcome to Pocuk Deb and I hope you stay around now that you've found us.

All I can advise is that you try a few online insurance quotes this evening to guage what you're liable to be paying...my personal recommendation is AON but if you pop over to our Insurers forum you can read through the posts before making your own mind up.

Having just had a quick peep in Exchange and Mart for you, the price seems there or thereabouts although don't go into it like a lamb to the slaughter, do what Bill does....hoist your skirt up a couple of inches and flash a bit of leg Wink .....offer them 5k and settle for 5.5k

Check for it's recent history, mileage etc and if there's any little bits and pieces you see want doing get the dealer or vendor to do them as part of the sale conditions.....afterwards is too late....they'll cost

Nobody here can advise you whether it's expensive to run or not as we all have differing budgets but it should be okay

as for that obscenity you drive at the moment, I undersdtand your comment about it's lack of grip....in fact the only thing that does grip on those things are your cheeks to the seat when you take corners in the dry or wet!

hope you get a good deal Deb Smile
Deborah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 21:26    Post subject: Very tempted Reply with quote

Cheers Allen
I am getting very exited and just hope it hasnt been sold!
Deb
Puddin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya Deb,
I have been through EXACTLY the same as you this weekend!!

I test drove one yesterday, and another today!! And another one to look forward to tomorrow! I would suggest test driving a few just for comparison, but I have found them to be great cars Very Happy

£5995 is the price that most dealers are asking, and I think I'll be bold and take Allen's advice and start at £5000, and settle for £5500 Very Happy I might even dig out my mini skirt if it will help LOL

I have been doing some homework with insurance too, and try to get a Cat 2 immobilisor thrown in when you buy, as a lot of companies will insist on having one fitted and they cost approx. £130 to fit.

Good luck, I'm sat here 'uming and 'aring at the moment......... £5500 is A LOT of cash for me........ so I know how you are feeling too Very Happy

Keep us posted on what happens Very Happy
Lisa
Shakers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb,
Just to let you know that I’m in the same predicament. I’ve put my deposit on a ’95 LWB 2.8 and I’m waiting to pick it up on Wednesday.
I’ve had conflicting views from friends and family so I’m a little apprehensive! Rolling Eyes
I can’t really comment on the price of the one you’ve looked at having not seen it himself but it seems the going rate for a 2.8 SWB.
With regards to insurance the company I am currently with quoted me £1000 a year which I thought was a little expensive. After reading through the posts in the forums here I rang round and have ended up with Tescos. £455 a year fully comprehensive with protected no claims, only available with a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser though.
On the subject of fuel economy I know they like a drink! Very Happy I’ve been told to expect around 25MPG but I can live with that as I’ve always driven automatics.
Parts and servicing I’m afraid seem to be dependant on whereabouts in the country you live so I’m afraid no help there.
What you have to remember is why you want to change from your current ride. I have a friend who owned a Vitara and I expected the Pajero to drive the same but like you I was pleasantly surprised!
I think the best argument for owning a Pajero is based on what you get for your money. Mine is a ’95 LWB and has covered 28,000 miles from new, is very clean inside and out and is fitted with loads of extras (TV, DVD Player & SAT NAV!)
I don’t know if any of these will work over here but if they do it’s a bonus! Wink
I have paid £9500 which includes alarm, immobiliser and a fancy set of wheels! The equivalent Shogun would be more like 15 to 18K.
Food for thought!
Good luck and let us all know how you let on.
Regards,
Paul
mark23

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

If possible when you do decide to buy a pajero get them to change the cambelt and balance belt as part of the deal. If they do, get them to show you the old belts and try to get a reciept of having them done, If they do snap its £££££ to fix. Hope this helps and welcome to the club Laughing .

Mark
Deborah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 19:04    Post subject: very very impulsive! Reply with quote

I got it! I am so excited, I got the price down to £5,450. I will need to get an alarm fitted and a CD player put in but it comes with a years mot and all the other extras. I pick it up on Friday so I am still hunting around for the best insurance deal, so far its Tescos at £650 not too bad I suppose with no 'noclaims' bonuses ( I have always been on other peoples insurance policies-bad idea!)
Now can I really be in the club!
Thank you every one for all your help
Deb X Laughing
bill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 19:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you are in the club.
NOT mine, I have had THE op.

any way try Bradgate ins. ask for Gary.
at least get a quote to compare ££££££3

cheers
and see you at abingdon
Razz
mark dale
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see you in the club debra... you will love every minute of your pride and joy, my missus loves being in the club, and will prove it again in 3 weeks with another one!!

bill, at the birth !!??

bring the hot towels and a winch !! and a bevvy and a barbie for after !!
Shogun_3.5_V6_24V_LWB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about insurance the cheapest i got sofar is £785 with £400 excess im only 27 and have 6yrs ncd and a sp30

Phil
Gadget

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard,
not the most economical of vehicles, but that's not what I bought it for, I have found that maintainence has been reasonably inexpensive and quite sensible for a vehicle of it's size (spares etc. )

My Insurance is with AON, I would recomend them, I renewed today for £396 full comp, £250 excess, legal expenses, protected NCD.
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: