eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION (SORRY!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIG BAZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 22:25    Post subject: ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION (SORRY!) Reply with quote

THE ALTIMETER???? I CAN TURN THE DIAL AND ZERO IT TO THE ARROW BUT IT SEEMS TO DO SOD ALL. WHAT SHOULD IT DO?
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ORDERING AN OWNERS MANUAL SO THE QUESTIONS SHOULD STOP SOON!

ANOTHER LITTLE DILEMA IS MY REAR STEP. THE PAJ IS IN MINT CONDITION EXCEPT FOR THE REAR STEP WHICH HAS BEEN PAINTED GOLD, BUT THE PAINT IS FLAKING OFF BECAUSE OF SLIGHT METALIC CORROSION. HAS ANYONE ANY IDEAS HOW TO GET THE STEP LOOKING GOOD. I DONT REALLY WANT TO REPAINT IT AND WAS THINKING ABOUT POLISHED METAL / CHROME. ANYONE DONE THIS OR HAVE ANYOTHER IDEAS HOW TO SPRUCE IT UP?

THANKS IN ADVANCE! Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 22:25    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Trig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Baz, to see the altimeter working you need to drive up high mountains or down deep valleys... it shows your altitude, .... ideally you set it to zero at sea level (drive to a coast town in Wales and set it to zero there), ...

There is a GOOD search facility on this forum (see above!)... I did a quick search for "paint" and found the following related previous posts... I suggest you make use of the search facilities first Wink

http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3197
http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3208

Finally, when posting it is advised NOT to use CAPS LOCK... capital letters posting is considered as shouting... Smile
Stuey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice Trig, thanks... and welcome back! Good to see you back Laughing
BIG BAZ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, Embarassed I have stoped shouting Embarassed

I will try to find a powder coating facility, sounds like the best option, cheers Wink
Gadget

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use it as a barometer, which is more or less what it is
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
toys4x4boys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took mine out and fitted a turbo boost gauge in it's place.

Not much more usefull Laughing but at least the needle moves about.

Graeme
Annie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it work as a barometer Question Question

In fact - how does it work at all Laughing ? Not too sure if mine is working or not as I wouldn't know what it's meant to do, or what it would mean if it did it Exclamation
RIXY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

moring all

its called a bourden tube basically its a soft metal tube sealed at both ends and shaped abit like a question mark with the tail fixed (?)and the top attached to a rotating needle via a link ,the air inside the tube is set to show zero at sea level, ie outside pressure is equal to tube pressure.when you go above sea level outside air pressure decreases and the question mark shaped tube tries to straighten up ,pulling on the lever to pull the needle to show you are above sea level due to there being less outside pressure acting on the tube.when you are below sea level outside air pressure increases pushing down on the tube compressing it pushing the lever to push the needle the other way to show you are blow sea level.. is this confusing you ?

easier way.. take your lungs as the bourden tube ,you breath in yer boobs go north (above sea level) you breath out yer boobs go south(below sea level)!!! can not explain any easier than this ,but i hope you get the principle

cheers rixy....

ps; no offence intended ,sorry if it has!
Annie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not you again Rixy Wink Wink

Read your response 5 times, each time slower than the previous, finally understood it Exclamation

How does that make it a barometer though Question
stumpey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annie

Barometers measure air preasure the same as the Altimeter in your Paj. This is why when there is a change in the weather i.e a low pressure weather system arrives you altimeter shows that your vehicle is higher that it was the day before!!. Higher the air pressure lower the altitude, lower the preassure higher the altitude.

Steve
RIXY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 14:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello annie

how does it work like a barometer? same principle just change the dail to show rain .warm fair and bloody hot!!. it still works on atmospheric pressure 1013mb at at sea level standard 0 feet . so any highs and lows will either stretch or squash the question mark shaped bourden tube .so high pressure will show sunny and low pressure will show rain in a barometer, but on an altimeter high pressure will give you below sea level and low pressure will give you above sea level. see one instrument made to do two differant applications .still confused?

keep up with the deep breathing exersies you will sus it in the end

cheers rixy..........
Annie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my first job is to work out where it is starting from Laughing - I'll try & have some fun with it over the next few days.

Thanks guys
RIXY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont you do any work then?
tell you what ,drive down to woolacombe bay beach early evening at the weekend and set your altimeter there by the sea then screem down the beach for a 2 1/2 mile blast in the sand then go to the top of morte hoe and see what your altimeter reads then while looking at the view across the bay! (with a bottle of scrumpy of course)

cheers rixy.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: