eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Just face the music and dance!! Stereo query...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shakers

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 22:26    Post subject: Just face the music and dance!! Stereo query... Reply with quote

Hi All, Very Happy
I’ve just bought my first Pajero, should be ready to collect on Wednesday all being well.
It’s a ’95 M 2.8 LWB Exceed with 28,000 miles, guaranteed to be genuine (comes with international HPi paperwork) but knowing my luck it will turn out to have been the tow car for the StarShip Enterprise! Very Happy Very Happy
My query concerns the in car entertainment kit that has been fitted to it in Japan. It has two car stereo sized units! One is an ordinary JVC single slot CD Tuner which I am reliably informed will need to be chipped to receive all UK frequencies. The second is a Kenwood TFT TV screen; this is connected to a Kenwood DVD multi-changer mounted in the back. On the nearside of the dash is a matchbox sized box with ‘Kenwood GPS Receiver’ written on it. I have had a poke around on the web and this seems to be Satellite Navigation incorporated into the TV screen!
Does anyone know if the DVD unit will play UK DVD’s, VCD and SVCD format?
Secondly someone tells me that the SatNav disc goes into the first slot in the DVD multi-changer but its empty! I don’t think it would have been any good, who wants to know the best way to Japan when they’re parked in the Asda car park!!!! Exclamation
Anyone know if I can buy a UK disc for it?
Any help would be appreciated; I’ve either got about £2000 worth of state of the art in car entertainment kit or a pile of junk!
Cheers,
Paul
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 22:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bertie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shakers

Sounds like you may have both!!

The radio will need a band extender to get all our british FM range, look at Milners @ http://www.milneroffroad.com for this.

As for the rest, the in-dash screen should work with just about anything with a video out signal (PS2, video, etc) and will be wired up to the sat-nav system at present. This may or may not work, there are differing reports.

If it all fires up then you've got a good bit of kit. BUT... you will need to get hold of the map data DVD which contains all the route info for the system. As this is not present, the previous owner in our lovely Japan must have kept it as it would have been a map of Japan. Wink

Only place to try for this would be Kenwood themselves, or you could try delving around the Internet undergrowth if you know how Exclamation

All the best, happy motoring on Wednesday as you'll no doubt drive it untill the petrol stations close Very Happy

Bertie
johndps

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno bout tv or satty navvy new fangled tekno stuff, but milners chip for the radio - excellent - with dummies guide instructions. Smile
Derek

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound's like a good system you
may have try the make of nat
system on the net.

Getting a disc for that are handy
too pick up.

Derek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: