eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Oil change and filter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 19:35    Post subject: Oil change and filter Reply with quote

My local Kwikfit have quoted £28 for oil change and filter for my mk1 Paj.
The oil they are using is mobil super 10/40, semi-synthetic. They intend using a Cooper Z1041 Filter, which is in the book as being for a Shogun, same vintage.
Any confirmation that this is correct, will be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 19:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Loggo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 20:06    Post subject: Cheap but nice Reply with quote

Went to my local Kwik-fit this morning. They also use Mobil1 oil.
They drained my oil and then found that the filter they had ordered would not fit - I should have had my doubts when I had to spell Mitsubishi !
Consequently they had to fill her up with 6.5L of new oil and send me on my way free of charge and rejoycing. Very Happy Very Happy
stumpey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie

The information they have given to you is correct. I used to let KF do my oil changes until they $%"*!+ me about so now do it myself.
If KF are doing it stand beside the fitter as most only have 2 braincells and over fill, under tighten the filter or try to drain the ATF instead of the engine oil. yes this happened. They will get the hump but at least you will know it is done properly!!.
Since I have been doing my own oil changes with Castrol GTD the engine seems much quieter and smoother, so I can only assume the 2.5 likes the Castrol oil better than the Mobil supplied by KF Surprised.

Steve
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 22:16    Post subject: oill change and filter Reply with quote

Thanks Loggo and Steve, for your replies.
I`ll have to think about this. The manager didn`t exactly fill me with confidence. Maybe I`ll D.I.Y.
Thanks again lads, Jaime.
Navigatorone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to put y0u off but when I went to K/F They didn't change my filter and the oil they put in was 1.5 inches above the full mark!!

Keith
jaime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Keith. All noted. I`m thinking I was right in posting my question, because I had doubts,

Thanks again, jaime, Barry, S. Wales.
timtriple

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had my oil and filter changed this afternoon by K/F.They used Mobil semi-synthetic and a Cooper filter they charged me £26 instead of the £28 quoted probably a discount for the long wait I had. I have just checked the level and it is way over filled, so I'll be back to K/F first thing in the morning. Sad Mad
Plunkster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:10    Post subject: oil and filter change on the up side Reply with quote

Had my local KF do oil and filter change last Fri on my Paj (£28.00). Next day it went to Hern Bay in Kent and back with no problem and will be going there his Sat.

Also have had company Astra van Turbo Diesel into KF (1000miles + a week) and no problems.

No problem with standard or service.

If you have problems let KF Customer Services know with both barrells.
Derek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand how these companies
can not do a job right.

Overfilling with oil??

Are they amature's???

Derek.
timtriple

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been back to K/F They drained out excess oil straight away and were very apologetic Laughing Razz
Derek

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 20:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very apologetic Surprised Surprised Surprised

So they should be that's what they do
should'nt of happened i reckon??!!

Derek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: