Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

size wheels 2.5 est pajero

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amberwalker

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:18    Post subject: size wheels 2.5 est pajero Reply with quote

i bought my K reg pagero 6months ago it is an import and the tyre size is 225/80 r15 is this the correct size as they seem a bit small to me.can anyone help me with this quirey ?   Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:18    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

GAZZ1ZZ
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the club, mine have aftermarket alloys on with 265/70/15, yes yours do appear to be a little narrow.

Regards Gaz.
SHED
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old standard wheels had 265x70x15 Very Happy
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tyre size depends upon the type of Pajero that you have!

The size you mention looks right for a 'narrow bodied' Pajero rather than a 'wide body' like mine in my sig pic (below).

the 'wide body' size is 265/70 x 15 or 31/10.5 x 15.

If you don't have the wheel arch extensions then it's a 'narrow' and the sizes are correct! Wink The tyres cannot extend outside the arches or it's a MOT failure, etc....

HTH
amberwalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

would that account for allot of wear and tear as after just 6 months and 6000 mile later I need all new tyers again and they were new on when I purchased the car?
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

amberwalker wrote:
would that account for allot of wear and tear as after just 6 months and 6000 mile later I need all new tyers again and they were new on when I purchased the car?

No they shouldn't wear that quickly! Shocked

Mine are like new still and they've done 15 to 20,000 miles! (BFG AT's)

No tyre should be worn out at 6,000 miles unless there's a problem somewhere else on the car.
What part of the tyre is wearing out so quickly?? Confused
amberwalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

the outside edge witch leads me to believe that the tracking may need attention ,when I bought the car from a import car dealer it came with RAC inspection and 6 Month warrenty
Brownie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would certainly take it for an inspection and adjustment if I were you! Wink
amberwalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i can get somthing done about it as part of the warranty,it is not as if I have been mounting kerbs or offroading it or anything
cavecommander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

wear on the outside edges can be hard to fix.. simple tracking usually dosnt cure it.. regular tyre swop arounds and even have em turned on the rims at the correct time can help if u have problems getting it fixed..

trog
ray.s

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 20:40    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

go to your local tyre fitters and ask them to do a full wheel alinement front & rear caster camber the lot one with lazer would be good.
also have a good look to see if you motor has non had a wak on the front get a pal to follow down the road to see if it crabs not just in a straight line but round bends as will ?
you could also have to much play in ball joints or wheel bering
ray.s
cavecommander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old saab used to do it badly.. the local tracking people couldnt find out why thow.. over the years i have had several cars that wore the outside front tyres badly.. never figured it thow.. neither has any of the tracking shops that i have used to check things out..

it aint simple tracking i do know that..

i got nicley conned when i had some new front tyres on my paj not so long back..

the guy set the steering wheel to the middle.. lined up the front wheels with his lazar and tells me the front wheels dont line up with the back wheels i will be going down the road crabwise..

he then moves the front wheels to line up with the back wheels.. while he was doing it.. it occured to me that a simple movement of the steering wheel would do exactly the same thing... he he

either way i had to remove the steering wheel afterwards and move it so as it was in the middle while going in a straight line.. he he

one thing he didnt allow for was the 2 inches of free play my paj had at the time.. a small tweak on the steering box adjuster has gotten rid of that now thow and my steering wheel is back in the middle..

but my new falken tyres are showing signs of outside edge feathering on the fronts after about 3000 miles..

trog
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside edge normaly indicates toeing in, so id deffo get the tracking done asap or your new tyres will b the same

as for tyre sizes i think most ppl have it covered but the largest size u can get is 265/75 on a 15 inch rim, 265 dictates the width of the trye and the 75 is the tyre wall height, 75% of the 265:P

hope thta helps even just a little
amberwalker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if the warranty would cover this sort of work?And last night a nissan 4X4 kicked up a nice big flint onto my windscreen and now I need a new one as it didn,t just chip it ,it made a little hole and alot of cracks,does any one know what this might cost and where i can get this replaced?
cavecommander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

its sometimes covered by your insurance.. if it aint let us know how much it costs.. i have wondered myself.. he he

trog

ps.. i recon if its tracking they are gonna say its your prob.. if u can prove its something else u might have a case..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: