eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Becoming a Radio Ham

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Radio Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastnige
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: the black country, netherton,dudley , west midlands

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all if anyone needs help giz a shout qrz (m3ncl) or (m1wml)  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 22:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

earthmover
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 18:01    Post subject: Licence Reply with quote

Reading this makes me feel like regurgitating my old call G4NKO which is still on QRZ.
bezzabsa

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I may as well say hi here M6NDM did my foundation on the 10th August this year - just brought a Yaesu FT817ND - in the process of selling my 2 metre radios (817 does 70cms, 2m 6m and 10 - 160m) so dont need em anymore.
I had been meaning to do my exam for years but never got around to it - just waiting to get on the next intermediate course now to become a 2E0..
Get out there and enjoy it - you will never look back.
neverwet

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 19:47    Post subject: amiture radio Reply with quote

hi des just put a boot mount on my pejero with dimond dule band 2 and 70 no problem if you want to do hf you need to put a bracket on bumper and make sure you have a good earth you could put a hole in your roof if want to  Shocked  Shocked
i would never put a hole in my pejero though the boot mout works fine mind you its not a cb one it is a heavy duty one from our local shop in leeds LAR communication his name is steve and he will tell you what you need very resonble priced too and a good friend
just taken my 857 out and put inplace a ft 7800 built into dash looks good too

next question dose any body know if them stick on wallnut dash efects are good and look original seen some on ebay

2e0ncc/2e1guy          73s all
 become a radio ham its alot better then cb and its easyer then you think
Rolling Eyes  Cool
nutworld

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16    Post subject: ham licence Reply with quote

i took my foundation licence a few yrs ago now

best thing i ever did love it

plenty of bands to use

loads of good people on there willing to help the new user

with any radio or antenna issues etc

love the site guys

cheers  M3ZSS
andy_pajerotdi
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all, just joined the forum and just brought a pajero, i am a foundation ham callsign m3uar hope to speak to some of u soon!
Wee Monochrome Beastie

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the book for Intermediate, next to find a club in the West of Scotland to join.  There seem to be several but only one has an up-to-date website (i.e. one that does not say they have just finalised the calendar for 2006).

Can anyone offer any recommendations?
MM6YOY
Connie

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee Monochrome Beastie wrote:
Got the book for Intermediate, next to find a club in the West of Scotland to join.  There seem to be several but only one has an up-to-date website (i.e. one that does not say they have just finalised the calendar for 2006).

Can anyone offer any recommendations?
MM6YOY

Hello everyone just joined the forum have had a pajero for while only managed to get back on road and was thinking of getting a CB and thanks for the insight will be looking into in more depth now with the advice I have gained of you's all so thanks for sharing the expertise ya really helping a real novice cheers everyone
pompom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 17:19    Post subject: Eriba, I'm totally confused! Reply with quote

Hi Eriba,

What a fabulous posting and all this is very helpful.  Sadly in life though there's always one twit who comes along and says "but...", so please could you help this aforementioned twit! Confused  Confused

Before I had found the POCUK postings on the subject, I'd been looking up the UK CB Radio website as I'm very interested in studying whatever is necessary to go about using the CB system - properly - in my Pajero.  On their website, the text makes me think that all we have to do is purchase the license from Bristol for £15.00, with no mention of doing any Foundation bits etc etc., followed by going out and buying all the bits 'n bobs!!

Thankfully though I found your listing and I'm so glad I've read it... even having ordered the book and copying the Foundation bits... so, here's the "but":
Do we need to do the Foundation, Intermediate etc etc bits?  And if we do, before even sending off a penny to Bristol, how do we know WHERE to do any "tests"?

Please, please help!  I know I'm a twerp and I've honestly tried to work this one out for myself but, please Sir, I would appreciate your guidance and advice.  Thank you.  read2
Firkhamhall
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using a standard CB Radio you do NOT need any licence at all.

To use a 10 metre radio or any other Amateur radio, then you need a licence.
Paul83c
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a driver over the road from me who has a huge aerial in his backyard,
i noticed on his car he has an adversiement.

Ham Radio Supplies

You guys probably already know of it but for those who dont i thought i would mention it.

Very Happy
pompom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 20:37    Post subject: Firkhamhall, thank you re cb message and Paul83c too. Reply with quote

Hi Firkhamhall,

Thanks for clearing that up once and for all.  Much obliged.

Paul83c: thanks for quoting that Ham Radio supplies link. I'll look forward to browsing.

Cheers to you both....
pompom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 20:52    Post subject: Firkhamhall, query form/license Reply with quote

Hi Firkhamhall,
I had meant to attach the following hyperlink: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomms/ifi/licensing/classes/amateur/applications/ofw286.pdf to ask if this is the right "application for radio license".  Unless I'm being particularly nerdy, the ofcom website appears a tad confusing!  (My polite version of same!)
Please can you let me know what you think.  I'd be really grateful.  Thank you. Smile
Firkhamhall
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 22:52    Post subject: Re: Firkhamhall, query form/license Reply with quote

pompom wrote:
Hi Firkhamhall,
I had meant to attach the following hyperlink: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/radiocomms/ifi/licensing/classes/amateur/applications/ofw286.pdf to ask if this is the right "application for radio license".  Unless I'm being particularly nerdy, the ofcom website appears a tad confusing!  (My polite version of same!)
Please can you let me know what you think.  I'd be really grateful.  Thank you. Smile
Hi Pompom. I am no expert in Ham radio but to me that looks like an application for a special event licence whereby, a radio operator is running a 48 hour marathon for charity and, there may be people in the area when he is transmitting on his set up who, do not hold a full operators licence.

It's a weird World Amateur radio lol.

HTH
pompom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:34    Post subject: Firkhamhall - thank goodness I asked! Reply with quote

Hi Firkhamhall
I'm really grateful to you for that; a jolly good job I took a breath and posted my query before wasting time on completely the wrong thing!  Many thanks,
Cheers! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Radio Communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: