2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Becoming a Radio Ham

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pompom
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54    Post subject: thanks to Dulux please Reply with quote

Thank you dulux, so much, for your info and link to the RSGB.  I'm totally blown away by this Owner's Club and how quickly people show their interest and point twerps like me in the right direction for this 'n that!  I'm really grateful. Smile

It's in the middle of the night and whilst everyone's sleeping I'll whiz over the ether to the RSGB website and get stuck in!  Time too to put the kettle on I reckon; looks as though I'm going to enjoy myself...

I've always tried living by the "if in doubt, don't do it" thingummy, but I reckon "if you don't ask, you'll never find things out" would've been better.... Wink

Cheers!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

dulux

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just passed my foundation course exam took me all of ten minutes to complete 25 out of 25 correct. and they allow you 45 minutes just got to apply for callsign now from offcomm licencing.
Eriba

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to see so many have stuck at it and gained a licence, sorry I've been away for so long.

Not been active on radio for some time.

I see the CB section is also going strong too.

Phillip.
dulux

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ERIBA nice to see you back on the forum just to let you know ive now got my intermediate licence  2E0CGU and can legally use 50 watts power.
bardsey

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:25    Post subject: INTERMEDIATE Reply with quote

Hi
I passed my intermediate at the end of june my call is 2W0RBW Previously it was MW6NLA Check it out on QRZ.com im running a icom 7400 for hf and a kenwood 9130 multi band for vhf and in the PAJ i have a yeasu 7800E
Eriba

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 19:27    Post subject: Re: INTERMEDIATE Reply with quote

bardsey wrote:
Hi
I passed my intermediate at the end of june my call is 2W0RBW Previously it was MW6NLA Check it out on QRZ.com im running a icom 7400 for hf and a kenwood 9130 multi band for vhf and in the PAJ i have a yeasu 7800E

Congrats to you and Dulux on your licences.  congrats

Phillip.
Fat Rat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a G6  Very Happy
Eriba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fatrat.

Welcome to pocuk and same to this thread, this was started to help any members that like radio be it CB or any other type of communication, take and pass the entry exam to Amateur radio.

As we have a number of members who are already, thought it would be good for us to help and encourage any member that were interested.

Nice if you can keep an eye on this thread to help other members.

Phillip.
Captain Pugwash
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed my exam over 20 years ago but lost interest because I was raising a family blah blah blah I have a call sign of G1XJM (if I remember correctly). Do I have to re-sit the exam or do a refresher course. I know I would need to study a little before pressing the mic button. I have been considering starting again anyway. Advice please.
G8YMW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 13:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have proof of holding a call sign, you can re-activate it. I dont know all the ins and outs but Ofcom (As they handle licencing) should be able to help.
Or as a first instance try contacting the RSGB (So you can have everything ready for when you contact Ofcom)
All this without sitting any further exams and since 2004(?) no need for Morse to go on HF
Ayrshore

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wee Monochrome Beastie wrote:
Got the book for Intermediate, next to find a club in the West of Scotland to join.  There seem to be several but only one has an up-to-date website (i.e. one that does not say they have just finalised the calendar for 2006).

Can anyone offer any recommendations?
MM6YOY

Now's a good time to mention if anyone in Scotland wants to do this, they should contact me (MM0YET) or the club to which I belong (Ayr Amateur Radio Group - GM0AYR) then...
Dabsy

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to appear like a muppet that used muppet freqs in the early eighties... Does sidebanding (SSB, LSB and USB etc.) fall into this subject?
BTW - Very interested !!
bastonjock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ham radio covers USB,LSB etc,there is a list of the frequences that can be used .

Matt

M6MDI
shecontographics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

just like to say hello to you all we are new members to this cracking site and getting loads of interesting information i am also into ham radio and my call sign is 2W0RLD this site is cracking and loving it
bastonjock

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the site, a lot of guys use cb for when they are green laning and there are those of us who have ham radios,i love the callsign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Radio Communications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: