Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Tyres

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markppearson

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad your sorted mate.

A few have used the Falken ATs, and have heard some good feedback from them, both on & OFF the road, so if you fancy playing anytime, your all set. Wink  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 13:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Hadgey

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 22:07    Post subject: Event Tyres Reply with quote

Just bought some new tyres for the Paj from Event-tyres on line. Here's some feedback on my experience.

265/70R15 General Grabbers AT2s x 4 quoted price £324.14 inclusive to be fitted today.

Unfortunately I had to go into work unexpected  Sad so left the car at home with the wife to oversee them fitted

Anyway, I  get a call saying they have done it but the price was £19 more and the tyres don't have white writing on them.

Got home and jumped for a quick test drive, much better handling, in fact first corner turned onto wrong side of the road  Shocked

Going round the mini round about saw some local youth pointing at the Paj  admiring the my new boots no doubt. No - they were laughing at the white writing on the inside of the wheels !

At least you'll know you when you see me, until I get them dirty that is.

Anyway contacted E-tyres and asked for refund of £19, no response yet. Overall not the best experience but if I had been there I would have sorted it. I would probably use them again if the price is ok, but as I said only if I was there watching what went on.
JeremyB

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered a pair of Bridgestone D689 265/70/R15S - 4x4 from eTyres (is this the same as Event-Tyres - they have Eamon Holmes plugging them on their website?).
Price - £174, balanced and fitted at my home.
Damn site cheaper than  Kwik-Fit for the same tyre, taken to THEIR fitting shop!
Hadgey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:13    Post subject: E-TYRES Reply with quote

Quote:
JeremyB  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:18    Post subject:
I have just ordered a pair of Bridgestone D689 265/70/R15S - 4x4 from eTyres (is this the same as Event-Tyres - they have Eamon Holmes plugging them on their website?).
Price - £174, balanced and fitted at my home.
Damn site cheaper than  Kwik-Fit for the same tyre, taken to THEIR fitting shop![/font">[/font]

No different company - hope it went well.
JeremyB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not. They phoned the morning that they were supposed to come & fit them, and said that none of their operators was prepared to travel out to me.
Gave me an immediate refund, but I ended up paying my local garage £180.
JeremyB

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reply reads negatively - not meant to. Delighted that my local garage, who I am pleased to support - came so close.
evo2lady

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm after some new tyres, but I dont do much mileage so I dont see the point in sticking expensive tyres on.

I have found this on the net earlier, seems a good price to me? And reading on some other members posts they seem good for the price quality wise.Falken tyres link
evo2lady

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

evo2lady wrote:
I got 2 new Falkern tyres for the rear today 10.5/30/15 very impressed and alot quieter than the previous ones i had one!

PROPER size of them are 31/10.5/15 LOL its been one of those days!

Why is there no EDIT on this topic???
Monkey Hanger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Falken Landair A/T's on 2 previous Pajeros and always found them to be superb mid price tyres, very quiet and smooth on the road and quite reasonable off road.
I was about to order some to replace the worn Bridgestone D689's on my Challenger until I read on some tyre review site that the wet handling and braking on the road was very poor.
I've never had any problems with Falken tyres before, but I'm a bit concerned with these negative comments.
Can any other Falken users give me their opinions on how they perform in the wet?
icomefromlanddownunder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

the blue writing is just a protective spray over the white writing, ur tyre shop should have scrubbed it off, use warm soapy water and scrub it off if it bothers u
evo2lady

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be very honest, I have had some bad and good tyres in the past on previous 4x4's and these falkens to me I have found the best so far. I dont believe in sticking big priced tyres on my cars as I dont do much mileage a year around 8k which most of that is around town and some trips from North Wales to Notts.

I have just done a 400 mile trip in some real bad weather cold icey and raining and it stuck to the road like glue and this was majorirty of motorway driving. Inside the car is one heck of alot quieter too which I am glad about.
John Roy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone run BFG muds 33x10.5x15 on a paj with no lift?
will it fit?

ta

JR
icomefromlanddownunder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Roy wrote:
has anyone run BFG muds 33x10.5x15 on a paj with no lift?
will it fit?

ta

JR

yes they will fit, as its it 10.5 wide it shouldnt scrub when turning, will probably scrub on flex though
revenant
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 21:37    Post subject: Falken 31 /1050/15 Reply with quote

hi all
Just ordered some falken 31/1050/15 LA/ AT .  off of camskill for £60 a corner. After doing some research they look like a good price with good tread pattern similar to general grabber at. Look forward to trying them out.

with ref to Saltymans post i have the insa turbo special traks on a v8 disco that i use for off roading and they are very good tyres but i have to say road noise is terrible! starts with a low rumble turning into a roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Very Happy
Jimbro
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadstone AT's
£325 for 5 fitted and balanced at County Tyres(BITS UK)
Mileage since fitted: approx 1500

Good tyres with lots of grip, even in the wet. Ample grip for light/medium offroading

Virtually no road noise at all.
Highly recommended
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes and steering All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: