QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

veg oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaymac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 14:43    Post subject: veg oil Reply with quote

Hi

can anyone tell me if my 1995 2.8 pajero will run on a 50/50 mix veg oil and diesel it will be new veg oil that i well buy from the shop and yes i will pay the tax any info will help
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 14:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bladeyboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaymac
i have been looking into this recently and have heard of this being done successfully, also some horror stories ie knackered engines. the problem is the veg oil is thicker than diesel and needs heating up to thin it, you can get kits for this.check these sites:-
www.lowimpact.org
www.goatindustries.co.uk
www.oilpress.com
www.vegoilmotoring
personally i'd go for fresh oil approach, but then idont fancy experimenting with my pride and joy!
1994 2.8 swb
geo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason why not, it will run on bio diesel which is 95% diesel and 5% vegi oil, and in this weather 100% vegi no bother, so a 50/50 mix would be just about fine, try mixing up a couple of pints first because I have no idea how well the oil will disperse in the diesel... should tho'

Cheers
Geo.
bladeyboy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did a 50/50 mix diesel veg oil 2 weeks ago, didnt even need shaking and its still hasnt separated, it is slightly more viscous than just diesel though.
also tried getting the dye out of red - no luck- Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Tazz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not use new oil as it contains an acid used as a preservative as it is for cooking, the oil has to be heated a number of times to evaporate the acid that is why you should only use used oil, new oil will destroy an engine in less than six months. Also you cannot get a tax rebate on new oil only on used, have used oil for over ten years now in a number of vehicles with no problems 75% in summer, 50% in winter.Don't think you can get away with not declearing it as C&E will find you.
Tazz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Bio-diesel / SVO / alternative fuels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: