2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What is this warning light ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purdey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:56    Post subject: What is this warning light ? Reply with quote

Hi All. I hope you can help a new and green member. Just got my Pajero yesterday and have already had great fun in it. Get in to drive it today and I have a warning light ion that I dont know what it is.

It is the top left light in the super select window on the dash. it is a round circle with half circles outside it and with an ! in the middle. Biggest issue is it is red and stays on.

What is it ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will check after, but me thinks its the handbrake indicator whats it, just make sure it all the way off, or it could be the fluid level indicator, have a look under the bonnet, and see that the fluid is Ok in the brake pot.

Will get the book when I can find it, but also look in the POCUK shop, and order one of the book Haynes from Simon, very handy.
Purdey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 10:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really impressed with the speed of your reply and how helpful everyone is. Very Happy

Thanks so very much. I will get one of the handbooks, and will also check the things you advise. Razz
SteveN

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Richie on this one Wink

Check the fluid level, the float could be stuck, make sure the level is close to the upper mark.

SteveN
Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had the same problem with mine. its the warning light for the handbrake and brake fluid.

All i did was to take the top off the brake fluid reservoir and give it a good tap on the floor.(well it worked for me anyway)

Alternatively you could be low on fluid because, apparentley pajero's dont have sensors on the brake pads, but as the pads wear they use more fluid which results in the warning light coming on.

If none of the above it might be a faulty swich in the handbrake.

Hope this helps.

Taylor
Steve H

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fluid level is critical as far as the light coming on is concerned. The level may "look" OK, but adding as little as a teaspoonful of fluid might be enough to stop the light coming on.

Steve H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: