Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

v6 3.0 shogun misfiring

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
david3623

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:00    Post subject: Meridian Motors Reply with quote

Meridian Motors don't do the work will pop back see his recommendation thanks though head hunters been its a crack loved it  Very Happy  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Mad Geordies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:01    Post subject: , Reply with quote

sounds like eaither your timing is out or your air flow meter is doofed, you got all the leads on the right way? things to check  coil, dizzy connection, the centre of the dizzy cap, but sounds like missfireing due to air flow, its eaither sucking in too much air or summit like that, check your air pipes air filer ok?
david3623

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:01    Post subject: Meridian Motors Reply with quote

Meridian Motors don't do the work  thanks though
david3623

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Geordies air flow meter where is this mate

all the leads on right  Exclamation  
dizzy connection, the centre of the dizzy cap all new  Exclamation
thanks will try the rest  good advice loving it im like a spung sucking in all this info  Laughing
Mad Geordies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:15    Post subject: . Reply with quote

follow the big black pipe to ur air box there will be a electric black box on it un plug it and try it, a commen problem  might be ok, but check everything else, did it just start when u changed things or b4? what was happening?
david3623

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Geordies
will try that so unplug the box the run it u say mate
always started 1st time  Exclamation
idle is ok to sounds a bit poo  Exclamation
with all the work done its the same misfiring under load all power go's then revs fall then bang pop. gets better as it warms up but not much
Daddy Day Care
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate,

air-flow meter is a possibility. Try running it without it plugged in for a short while. Not sure of the long term effects of this so I would only use this method as a diagnostic check. I have done this as a get me home fix before now.

Your best bet is to get the fault codes read. The garage will need to reset all codes and then run the engine again to record them again. This is because unplugging the air-flow meter will record the fault. My tester told me my injectors where faulty until I asked him to reset and try again (LPG system switches petrol injectors off causing the fault code  Laughing )

HTH

Andy
Pajero Man Dan

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be a collapsed injector over fueling, and soaking a plug, but this would be constant and the idle would be worse i suspect,, you did put the HT leads on correct didn't you?
i too would un plug the airflow meter, see what that does to it.. failing that it could be an air leek through the inlet somwhere but again this would be really obvious on tick over...
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ahalton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:21    Post subject: Plugs Reply with quote

What spark plugs did you put in it?

Make sure they are a decent brand and the correct one, I know it sounds daft but make sure they haven't put ones it that are a cross reference.

Really should be NGK, probably not a good idea to put iridium or anything to expensive in there, just the stock copper or platinum if thats what it asks for.

Andrew
david3623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:28    Post subject: thanks so far keep it up Reply with quote

lovin the advice was starting to think about calling it a day but you guys are helping more than you think
 Exclamation ahalton  Very Happy all work so far done by gararge not shore what plugs thay put in
but i hope thay put them in correct

its a 1991 j reg shogun eci multi 3000 v6 128000 miles ish

£900 was i done
david3623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pajero Man Dan
collapsed injector over fueling, and soaking a plug this whould make it miss like it is and it is constently missing when driving but all fing when ticking over

like i say thanks alot so far
david3623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:38    Post subject: Repair Manuals Reply with quote

Repair Manuals ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A FREE BEE ?
david3623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:41    Post subject: thank' s Reply with quote

thank' s to Daddy Day Care Very Happy  Smile  Laughing
Pajero Man Dan

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it may be worth having your injectors looked at, ive just been chatting with my oldman, he's a wiz with all forms of engine, just not electronics, he recons that the injectors would cause this if the situation was correct, a slight blockage in one and you wouldn't notice on tick over asnot much fuel is sprayed through againdt when its powering the engine in drive, check it out.. i would, best thing about petrol njectors.. they are easy to rebuild = CHEAPER than diesels Laughing !
hope it gets resolved for you soon
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
david3623

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 0:59    Post subject: Pajero Man Dan & oldman Reply with quote

Pajero Man Dan & oldman thanks that is a new line for me to go down thanks guys lovin the help

best thing about petrol njectors.. they are easy to rebuild = CHEAP    like u alot   lol

AND CLEANING IS DEFINATELY NOT AN OPTION
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Petrol model specific Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: