2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

challenger registering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 19:16    Post subject: challenger registering Reply with quote

i went to have a look at a challenger at a showroom where they import cars i was interested in a challenger but the salesman said they was having trouble registering it because it is under ten years old any thoughts anybody sounds abit suspect or not
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 19:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has something to do with the SVA process, have a look at the SVA/ESVA Forum <-- Click to link  ...   and have a good read.
EXUPMAN
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks mrs grumpy tink your right checked a few posts something to do with a model report i would assume wait to hear from them
Pajero Man Dan

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 17:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

often cars under 10 years old coming from japan are put under higher suspision of acident writeoff repair, as most ppl don't get rid until the very expensive mot at 10 year mark.

the dvla SVA know this and take a vested interest in cars that are considerably younger, the 2000 model ive got for a friend had to go to swansea to be checked over, and had to be trailered there and back, we know have the cert for it, but the guy took much longer looking at it, even put it on a jig to make sure it was straight
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
helen455636
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 23:58    Post subject: Re: challenger registering Reply with quote

EXUPMAN wrote:
i went to have a look at a challenger at a showroom where they import cars i was interested in a challenger but the salesman said they was having trouble registering it because it is under ten years old any thoughts anybody sounds abit suspect or not

It's been a while since this post so not sure if it's too late to help but I imported a Paj which was only 9 years old and therefore required the SVA inspection.

The bottom line is the vehicles have to already have what they call a "model report" (ie a vehicle already imported with comparable standards for the DVLA to pass them as suitable for UK).  If there is no model report this can cause a delay until the vehicle passes the 10 year mark when this rule no longer applies.  This is why a lot of import companies only have vehicles more than 10 years old.  I won't ramble on now as you may not still be considering this option but I have been through the SVA process with my Paj 3.5 V6 and have loads of information that may help you.  Let me know if you would like to discuss this further and please feel free to PM me with any questions, I'd be happy to help.

Funnily enough I have recently seen more Sports appearing in the Uk and my fiance is very keen on getting one, they are an excellent vehicle with good on and offroad capability!   Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Challenger / Sport discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: