QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

CAR TAX, and what you'll have to pay ( 2010 -11)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 15:53    Post subject: Re: VED Reply with quote

chris_k wrote:
I can't even see a rate that is £210 definatley £180 x 12 months or £99 x 6 months

No. neither could I  Wink  Rolling Eyes
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 15:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ljc8165

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I checked my disk and I paid .......... £175. Embarassed
I can't for the life of me think why I was convinced it was £210.... Embarassed  Embarassed
Anyway, I have taken myself to the bathroom, looked in the mirror and given meself a good bollockin!!!!!
At least its settled my absent mind........
Knight

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much this made it clear for me and i will be keeping her after all Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
starsky007

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good place to check how much you will pay when you go to the post office or pay on line is,,, the DVLA website, just type in your reg number and it comes up with your details and a price, simple as that. Very Happy
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 18:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

starsky007 wrote:
Another good place to check how much you will pay when you go to the post office or pay on line is,,, the DVLA website, just type in your reg number and it comes up with your details and a price, simple as that. Very Happy

All very well and good, but it seems some people are being asked to pay as if the car was manufactured on the date it was imported...
blackeagle
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, imported 2007, don't fancy getting charged on that as manufactured date  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

(gary's wallet crawls into corner and starts shaking ....)
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackeagle wrote:
Hmmmm, imported 2007, don't fancy getting charged on that as manufactured date  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

(gary's wallet crawls into corner and starts shaking ....)

If they did overcharge you - this is where to start your argument from:

Quote from DVLA website:
Diesel car TC49
Cars registered on or after 1 March 2001 based on CO2 emissions and fuel type.

Please note: These rates apply only to cars that have been type approved within category M1 of Annex II to Council Directive 70/156/EEC and which have been registered on the basis of a type approval certificate that shows its carbon dioxide emissions level in terms of grams per kilometre driven.

I believe that  older Pajs ( and other cars)  have no such type approval certificate or details to show carbon emissions. There's a good few thousand of us paying the lower rate by way of confirmation - mine was imported in 2004.

If it's been registered wrongly by the DVLA the registration mark should also show the wrong year - most Pajs around are J to P reg.
tazbabe
Events rep (Scotland)
Events rep (Scotland)

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had that difficulty with a n insurance company, they insisted that the paj was a 1997, which was when it was imported. i sent them a picture, a copy of the log book,  spoke to them numerous times aout it but they would not budge, the tried to charge me for their mistake, but i got all my money back in the end.
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks - please see my original post ( email from DVLA ) for confirmation that I was correct about the fact that an imported vehicle is taxed from date of manufacture, not import.
markovich

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 21:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god for that glad i came on to the site again have 2.8tid swb and 3.5 shogun going to keep them now Very Happy  Very Happy
lorry2006

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 18:30    Post subject: Car tax Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
Just to make you all feel a bit better about your tax and how much it costs.
I live accross the water in Ireland and the tax is based on size of engine etc. no matter what age it is.
For example a 2.5 costs 821 euro per year and a 2.8 costs 1071 euro per year. Anything over 3001 cc is 1343 euro per year. Crying or Very sad
So if you drive a 3.5 the rate in Sterling would be around  880 - 900 pounds per 12 months.
This is unless you drive commercial with no seats in the back then it is more reasonable.

By the way I am looking to purchase my third Paj as the BMW is no good for towing or getting through floods etc.
Anyone selling a 2.5D or 2.8D LWB exceed  for sensible money??

Cheers  
LORRY   Very Happy
ljc8165

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 13:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ ! ! ! !

I'm getting off light then eh...........................
Lou Gascon

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:52    Post subject: Re: Car tax Reply with quote

lorry2006 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Just to make you all feel a bit better about your tax and how much it costs.
I live accross the water in Ireland and the tax is based on size of engine etc. no matter what age it is.
For example a 2.5 costs 821 euro per year and a 2.8 costs 1071 euro per year. Anything over 3001 cc is 1343 euro per year. Crying or Very sad
So if you drive a 3.5 the rate in Sterling would be around  880 - 900 pounds per 12 months.
This is unless you drive commercial with no seats in the back then it is more reasonable.

Cheers  LORRY   Very Happy

--------------------------------
Whooo, is that the Irish government, or is that the Irish Highwaymans Agency - Stand & Deliver...!
Strangely, here in France, there is now no duty for road tax - they get it through the toll charges for motorway use...!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, I should like to ask Anne a question on Road Tax, as I am returning asap to the UK
I own a M'bishi Montero Sport 2.4L (I think it is LWB) built 1998 first reg in the US Jan 1999...
5 speed Manual/Petrol - don't know if the Americans had a spec for carbon emissions ?
--- Not 4x4 ---
Anne, can you tell me what you expect the Road Tax to be for this vehicle in 2008...?
...and if I have an LPG conversion - then what...?
...and no 3; is it possible to have a carbon emissions test done privately and submit to the DVLA for banding...?

Thanx in advance
and a very Merry Xmas to all - but leave your car at home when Xmas Merriness sets in...!
Cheers & Sláinte

Go n-éirí leat!

Lou Gascon
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emissions based vehile road tax only applies to vehicles built post March 2001, before that you pay according to the engine size and should be £180 for 12 months provided it doesnt go up

[web:94c56034b0]http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowToTaxYourVehicle/DG_10012524[/web:94c56034b0]
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonjour, et bienvenue a Pocuk, Lou.  sign2
As Baddoo says, the tax should be £180 or thereabouts, ( not sure what the 2008 rate is going to be - anybody know?)  because they have no manufacturers emissions data prior to 2001.
Do make sure that when you register the car over here, that  the date of manufacture is very clearly stated - there's a few people who have been wrongly banded because the DVLA has taken the date of first registration in UK as the date of manufacture.

Anyway, all questions you might have, and some more, can be answered on this site - introduce yourself here: http://www.pocuk.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=74 and have a look around the site. It's a great place to be and to meet some new friends.

a bientot,

Anne  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Newbies All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: