2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Towbar Wiring 12N and 12S Connectors

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 20:26    Post subject: Towbar Wiring 12N and 12S Connectors Reply with quote

Here is a useful download/guide reproduced from one of Richies Posts.

Towbar Wiring 12N and 12S Connectors <-- click to link

Thanks Richie  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 20:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

slowtrain

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:04    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Well as normal this site has helped me as allways a BIG Thanks to all that contribute here i needed to
know how to wire up the chargine side of my caravan as after a year of owning it i finaly found a place to store it that means i can use it but allso means i got to wire up my tow bar ive  fitted two years ago lol  the wireing diag is a great help
and i hope i can do it  i think for the chargine i side i can use the  power conector in the back of  my lwb pajero as its 12 volt and onlt works with the ignition turned on  please correct me if im wrong

thanks  Slow Train Smile
Chatties-Pajero

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the link, but do I have to run a wire to the battery for a permanant live but were do I take the ignition controlled live from? I can take a lead from the reversing light so thats sorted but I need two ignition controlled lives and a permanant live but not sure where I can take them from and the earths I can just screw to the body somewhere, We have a LWB 2.8 exceed so not sure where to connect to, Do I need certain wire and can I find the lives in the back or do I have to run it to the front?
Regards
Rod
slowtrain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 19:40    Post subject: re wireing Reply with quote

Hi i have to say ive still not done mine yet but i intend to use my power plug in the back for the ignition side as its only powerd
when the key is in and turned to acc as you say earth anywere on a paj  probley good to run a pemenate live  from the battery but thats a long way to go must be a shorter route
if you do yours before i do mine let me know how you get on and ill do the same here ok

all the best Slow Train Cool
Chatties-Pajero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 20:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about taking it from the power plug in rear but not sure if its man enough to run fridge and charger ect may have to use a bigger fuse, but still need to find a permanant live near the rear.
Regards
Rod
slowtrain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 21:58    Post subject: This may help Reply with quote

Just had a thought at my age they come often how about takeing the permanate live from the rear interer lights there allways powerd up would defo change the fuse but cant see a problem there i dont think the fridge uses a lot im not shure  personaly i have a 12 volt cooler bag we keep in the car for milk ect to take with us till we set up !!

hope this helps m8

sorry about my spelling not my strongest point lol Rolling Eyes

all the best Slow Train Smile
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be more suitable to take a feed direct, via an inline fuse, from the battery, run it down to the chassis, then via cable ties, to the rear, posh way, live feed into the cab, via the rubber grommet behind the rear battery, then, under the carpets, via the door plates etc, to the rear.
slowtrain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 23:50    Post subject: re wireing Reply with quote

Hi i tend to agree  Richie but its a long way to go and a heck of a lot of fiddling around but its probley best to do it right lol
and its not like we have to do it again just the once lol

thanks for the advice

all the best Slow Train  Smile
Chatties-Pajero

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I need a certain thickness wire for these lives?
slowtrain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 23:09    Post subject: Hi re wires Reply with quote

Hi i wouldent of thought so as the wires to my plug are just standerd size for a car be  no point  putting some thing diffrent
in it if the plug its self is smaller i was very serprised to see the wires from the plug to the car so small
to be honest and i brought the plugs and wires from a proper trailer shop !!

hope this helps
all the best Slow Train  Rolling Eyes
fusbblood

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

increaseing the size of the fuse does not increase the current carrying capacity of the cable
I would strongly advise against such actions as this could resdult in your pride and joy smoldering on the hard shoulder or even worse catching fire with your other pride and joy still connected at  the rear

The fuses are designed  to protect the cables against overloading in fault conditions

would you  short out the fuse in your 13 amp plug indoors. I would certainly hope not. same thing applies

for safety's sake  take the time and bother to do the job proper. run a separate cable with its own fuse
mitsiboy

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 17:49    Post subject: Re: Towbar Wiring 12N and 12S Connectors Reply with quote

Just downloaded this and its going to save me a whole heep of time, thank you
hicky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 19:48    Post subject: 12s and 12n wiring Reply with quote

Hi guys just after info for wiring 12n socket onto shogun sport. has 12s socket on already but need to fit 12n to tow caravan, could put 13pin euro socket on too as van has that fitted. Anyway tried link above, but dont comes up as gobbledegook. anyone got pdf or similar i could view. Dont have issues doing wiring as qualified tech.

Cheers Hicky
snagz

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

link at the top works for me...opens as a microsoft word document.

You on an apple? (I thought all windows puters had word.)

no idea how to convert it to pdf for you, but I'm sure someone clever will be along soon.
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 22:21    Post subject: Re: 12s and 12n wiring Reply with quote

hicky wrote:
Hi guys just after info for wiring 12n socket onto shogun sport. has 12s socket on already but need to fit 12n to tow caravan, could put 13pin euro socket on too as van has that fitted. Anyway tried link above, but dont comes up as gobbledegook. anyone got pdf or similar i could view. Dont have issues doing wiring as qualified tech.

Cheers Hicky

I have it as PDF  send details to me via emai   pem@gotadsl.co.uk   you cant send PM's at the mo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Towing & technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: