eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Trade Prices @ Halfords.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mental Mike
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo
Location: Deepest Buckinghamshire. 1993 2.5L SWB Diesel Auto.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:54    Post subject: Trade Prices @ Halfords. Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy  Halfords do a 'Trade Card' (Not a Credit Card!) which entitles you to Trade Prices. Some of the discounts are stunning - Own make £3 bulbs for 75p. It only applies to Fast moving goods like Oil, Filters' Tools etc but is well worth having. They are pushing hard to increase their share of this market; so if you are not in the Motor Trade now is the time to 'Blag' your way in.  Evil or Very Mad  I got a friend who has a Van Hire Business to get one and add me to it with a seperate card!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Laughing  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Jockey

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny that, i needed some discs, pads etc for my Picasso the other week on a Sunday, so i called in for some prices, discs £30 each, pads £39 so i said i'll leave it m8, the lad behind the counter asked if i had a trade card, to which i said no, he then said "I shouldn't do this, but if i do them at trade price will you take them today" prices being £17 for discs and £18 for pads.....of course i said yes and he swiped his own card through to get me the discount. So i think you're right they are under pressure for that business  Wink
dieselldean

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got a trade card with halfords but they dont stock very much went there for oil filter for my paj they said no main dealer only also manuel brake adjuster for rover 100 again no got to go to main dealer drove 2 miles to another motor factors and they had both parts on the shelf so in my eyes my trade card doesnt get me the bits i want so whats the point
Mental Mike
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo
Location: Deepest Buckinghamshire. 1993 2.5L SWB Diesel Auto.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

dieselldean wrote:
ive got a trade card with halfords but they dont stock very much went there for oil filter for my paj they said no main dealer only also manuel brake adjuster for rover 100 again no got to go to main dealer drove 2 miles to another motor factors and they had both parts on the shelf so in my eyes my trade card doesnt get me the bits i want so whats the point
 Sad  Sounds like your Halfords needs a KITA! They order parts same morning from Allparts & Bennets round here, and you can specify home delivery.  Confused
cssuk

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say i worked for halfords for 13 yrs, 4 as a manager and tbh the stuff they stock is top quality and all made by big brands as an example the oil is esso, bulbs phillips, filters either fram or coopers braking mintex and they can order in just about anything it would be worth it for the oils alone ohh the pro tools are made by sykes pickavant as well would advise anyone to get one if they can
dieselldean

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there you go everytime i ask for something in their they say no main dealer only yet two miles down the road i can get them from another local motor factors truth is if halfords had the bits i needed i would use them
rick the biker
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was a time halfords kept nearly everything..I could still buy points an condensors (remember those??) for a 1959 morris oxford up till a couple of years ago.
they only stock "fast moving" parts on the shelf, but should be able to get anything quickly.
I always found quality to be spot on and am glad to say ive got a trade card and make good use of it!!
you dont even need to show proof of buisness..they want your money!

I just found a cheap source of ac delco oil filters..with non return valve and they weigh a ton compared with other cheapo ones.

part no x4252e   ac delco
dieselldean

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont get me wrong my trade card does come in handy ive saved quite alot of money using them and the discount is good but it would be nice if they said they could order the bits in instead of saying "we dont do that main dealer only " i will continue using halfords  Wink
allan1

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spend alot of cash a halfords so how do you get your hands on a trade card any ideas Rolling Eyes
dieselldean

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just ask for one sometimes you need a letter head with a business name on it thats all i did hope this helps
mr2mick

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a trade card and tbh most of the stuff you can get cheaper at Unipart, Sas or Parkers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: