Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

I was the scum of the earth today

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukrabbiter

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:00    Post subject: I was the scum of the earth today Reply with quote

My eldest lad was up late for school this morning
he missed the school bus
So it's Dad to the rescue!

Drove into the shool car park, and got looks of disgust from some folk
I just politely smiled at them

This is the second time in 2yrs that I've done the school run (over 5 miles)
and I got looked down upon by folk that do it in cars everyday (some from less than 1 mile away) Rolling Eyes

I don't know how they have the cheek to look at us as eco-bandits, when the majority are much worse than us Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

ahalton

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:09    Post subject: Paj Reply with quote

I think its awful, you doing the school run in your Chelsea tractor.

I can say that in over 5 years of owning 4x4 I never once did the school run  Laughing

Andrew
minesapasty
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it something that is happening "up north"? I ask this, as I don't think that I have noticed anyone giving me bad looks when driving the Paj..... I have seen people turn to see what is coming, when I am driving along the road...... but even then, no nasty glares that I am aware of.
ahalton

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 14:17    Post subject: NW Reply with quote

I think there are a lot of small minded simple folk up here who don't understand the difference between a £60K BMW and a £2k Pajero.

Its all about bandwagon jumping, theres enough posts on here about that kind of thing  Rolling Eyes

I was only joking obviously, because I don't have kids  Embarassed  if I get seen going to and from schools on a regular basis I thinkg I would be arrested  Rolling Eyes

My brother lives on a main road, opposite a junior school, everday parents come and park up 20-30 minutes before kicking out time just to get one of the limited spaces to collect their kids.

You could walk anywhere within the catchment area within 10 minutes.

Its all a game, you just have to learn how to play it  Laughing

Andrew
AngieRS

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sort of stuff goes on everywhere.  I've had fake parking tickets put on mine.
midnight buffalo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just done the school run in the paj  Wink
all the ladys looking and admiring me or was it the paj  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
bob cole
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the scum of the earth every day, I drive a 4x4 and drive a truck. Laughing  Laughing
bob
big beast

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

no school run for me but i never seem to get any bad looks when i`m in my beast, a lot of jaw dropping and all the kids nudge their mates to stare as i go past but i only get thumbs up and smiles Smile  Smile  Smile  Smile
Norfolk_lady

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis OK ere, every other cars a  4x4   Very Happy
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have great fun with picking baggy up from his school most days debi uses her paj to and from school   but every so often i pick him up either in my paj ,normally covered in mud, or my 7.5 tonne MAN which takes up 3 car spaces  Laughing loaded with my next days deliveries   or   the best one is the looks we get when i turn up on the bike and baggy gets all his gear on  Twisted Evil  not sure who is worse the parents or his class mates  Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be doubly bad because I'm a teacher who turns up in a 4x4  Shocked  Shocked Horror - singlehandedly spoiling all my pupil's futures, causing the icebergs to melt, the polar bears to die out, UK's climate to improve.. Rolling Eyes  Wink

If it's REALLY fine, I do take the economical car - the Porsche( 30mpg ), but most of the time the A 52's just too muddy... Wink

Do I care? ---  Laughing
icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to say that iv'e never had any bad reactions where i live,then again i dont drive bargin my way through gaps.the only strange looks i get is when i give way to oncoming traffic when cars are parked either side of the road although it's a 50/50 call,most people seem to take it for granted that you are going to barge through and are surprised when you let them through,the only ones i don't do that for are the ones that take a central position in the road,then i do the same,never had one that hasn't backed down when they see a two plus ton truck bearing down on them,even white van drivers Laughing
kriss

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

when we first got the paj we wondered what was going on as we got lots of trouble almost every time we went anywhere in it.we thought it was jealously! Wink once a guy tried to almost kill us on the east lancs road (a busy dual carriageway going from manchester to liverpool)we tried tp overtake him in his old car and he wouldnt let us pass,when we tried to undertake he jumped back in the slow lane to stop us,causing hubs to swerve and nearly have a crash.he did this all the way up to the set of lights where he and his girlfriedn flipped us the finger as we sat there wondering what the hell wed done to make him do this to us. Shocked we had a similar expereience with a porsche driver along the same stretch of road also.we were thinking of gettig rid of the car cos it seemed to set peoples backs up so much.i still think a lot of itts jealousy cos we still think the paj is the prettiest 4X4 on the road. Wink
Fitzy

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've done the school run in the paj a couple of times and never had any grief - normally drop the bairn off in the works transit van which is probably a lot worse  - well it would be if i could get near if i could get near the place too many x5's and zafiras  Rolling Eyes  Laughing
ukrabbiter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering if it's my name plate in the front screen, together with me arriving in a camo jacket (in a 4x4)  Laughing
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: