Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

I was the scum of the earth today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry fella  Laughing ....forgot where you are  Embarassed

OK pick your worst Mayor ....and your worst Politician  Laughing
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 19:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

icehawk
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think what nick's trying to say ,is think of your worst night mayor and your about halfway there with both of them Laughing  Laughing
rick the biker
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the school run every day..no choice really as I have to drop my daughter off on my way to work..i have to start at 9.15 am so walking to schools pointless...
not had any adverse reactions yet but saying that most round here dont have the wits to know what a 4x4 is or why it might be a bad thing to drive to school...
most cars doing the school run arent even taxed..and all get dumped right outside the school despite double yellows..
its the same morons who insist on smoking and swearing at there kids in the playground..

guess why were moving! Laughing
bhrkp1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I do the school run I all ways go in the Pajero. its only 1/2 a mile but the reason I got the Paj is I can walk that far with out being in a lot of pain and getting in and out of normal cars is hard work aswell so  geek

As for any one giving me hassle bring it on Evil or Very Mad
GeoffL

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukrabbiter wrote:
The objectors reckon because we have bigger engines we are kicking out more harmful fumes

Allegedly, we're punching holes in the ozone layer even though a vegetarian 4M40 causes much less environmental harm than a Toyota Pious.
TimReal
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did wonder about this before I bought mine. The missus takes the kids in the morning and I pick them up every afternoon. The school's 4 miles away so we've no choice. Anyway, everyone's still talking to me and I'm not the only one in a 4x4, so it must be OK.

And if the first language at my local schools was English then I'd happily walk my kids there.
ADAM.D

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the school run when ever i can in the paj,
I paid for the paj with my hard earned cash,
paid my insurance with my hard earned cash,
paid my tax with my hard earned cash,
filled the tank with my hard earned cash, why should i leave it parked up at home Question i couldn't care less what people think of me driving it, it's my car and i like it Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
cys

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 17:15    Post subject: PAJ-A MONSTER CLIMATE EATER OR ENVIRONMENTALY FRIENDLY Reply with quote

Hi,
I read with interest the various correspondence regarding the "school run" and peoples reactions to the Pajero. I am involved in the environmental/sustainability Industry,these old vehicles were built before various laws came in for the motor industry to ensure that 70% of the vehicle was re-cyclable, therefore much of the Pajero is not environmentally friendly when scrapped, the CO2 emissions caused when manufacturing new vehicles is already a problem, by refurbishing an old vehicle and running it on bio diesel the net effect is good for the environment!, mathamatically, in environmenatal terms we are better for the environment than buying and running a small petrol driven car!.
rick the biker
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPREAD THE WORD!!

I refuse to own modern vehicles as the build quality is abysmal and the technical problems are scary expensive!

I deal with modern rubbish at work and refuse to own anything not repariable on a drive way with a fair selection of handtools.

I still maintain that an old ,well maintained vehicle is better for the planet than a new car every three years.
the old car already exists, and i understand that a good percentage of the energy used in a cars lifespan is actually in the production of said car.

plus I dont see why I should have to prop up a failing motor industry on pretend green issues.
stuff the economy..I want to live in a cave anyway.... 8)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: