Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Short Term insurance for Taxing Car

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shanagan
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think u have to have a current insurance certificate and a cover note isnt acceptible to tax a vehicle!!!  Wink
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 23:56    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

helen455636
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't quote me but I did get tax with only a cover note by going to the nearest DVLA office but at the post office they don't let you do this..... the rules may have changed cos this was a while back but you can always fone them and ask
bhrkp1
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you still have you old insurance certificate if its not ran out use this, I did this when I surrenderd my licence due to my head ache, and my tax had ran out. Mind I did tell the Insurance company what I was doing.

If not drop the price
No 1 Is Stevie Burr

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now sorted - Spoke to my insurance company & i have had to set up a brand new policy for 1 year. £55 per month (cos I cant use my no claims on 2 policies) & only 3rd party as well !!!!!

Anyhoo, basically they're sending me the insurance certificate tomorrow, & I can cancel the policy within 14 days, so I can get it taxed, then drive it from Hampshire to Wolverhampton & get it sold next week, cancel the policy & its a job done & I haven't spent a penny as the buyer is paying for the tax !!!

I do believe that is a right touch  Exclamation  Very Happy
CLARKY12345

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:27    Post subject: Re: Short Term insurance for Taxing Car Reply with quote

No 1 Is Stevie Burr wrote:
Evening all !

I'm selling my old MR2, but the tax has run out. I've said I'll sell it with tax so my problem starts here. I'm no longer insured on it as the policy has swapped over to the Pajero. Now, what is the shortest period of insurance that I can get to cover it, or do I have to do a years & then cancel it & claim it back ??

Any ideas on how to get around it ????

Cheers

Stevie

HIC do month by month cover. Give them a try on 0845 1 291 291.
Dan
ahalton

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:45    Post subject: policy Reply with quote

Its wierd this, the law must have changed very recently.

I'm with Direct Line and have been for years, when I buy an import I just put the car down on the policy as a second car on a month to month or in some cases a 2 week policy and tax it  Confused

I've never had any problems  Confused

When i bought the Lexus, I had to cancel the policy on the Paj, insure the Lexus as a first car and then insure the Paj as the second car, when I sold it I took the policy to the Post Office and taxed it.  That was a 1 month policy and it ran out that day, I only had about 7 hours left on the policy.

But technically I was insured  Embarassed

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: