QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

What My Beast Looks Like Now

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:36    Post subject: What My Beast Looks Like Now Reply with quote

these are the insa turbos special track 265/75 16's
cheap mans version of simex tyres exactly same tread but a tougher compound

front

rear

full look
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

stumpyjoe

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Phil.

Are they road tyres aswell or just for play?

Jimmy
SWB2800

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin cool as alway's matey!  8)

I run 75/16's, seem's a good all round size without slowing down acceleration and throwing the speedo out etc.!

Andy.
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

both m8 but predominatley mud tyres if u check the "big tyre" section, theres a pic of the tread pattern and a little info:P
ahalton

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 13:31    Post subject: Tyres Reply with quote

It was debated a little bit the other day again, but they are Q rated tyres, good for 99mph.

That is scary on a 3.5 petrol, on a 2.5 ok, on a 2.8 maybe but on any 24 valve petrol its not good.

The speed rating isn't just to show at what speed the tyre will come to piece its also to show how strong the tyre is.  The load rating (109/112) gives the ultimate weight it can take as well.

The 3.5 will exert so much torque into the tyre when accelerating that it will over heat if driven like a loon, and thats how I used to drive and thats how most people drive the 3.5

And then we have the two other issues of having your insurance invalidated because the tyres aren't fit for purpose and it also been illegal not having a tyre fit for purpose.

If you submitted your car for a SVA it would fail.  Unless you lied like I did, but I don't think they would believe you with a 3.5.  I told them my Hilux Ssurf would only do 94 because the tyre were only rated to 99, he let it through but gave me a knowing smile.

You have to be carefull, its other people lives you could be messing with not just your own.

Andrew
paji-shieldy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 13:47    Post subject: Re: Tyres Reply with quote

ahalton wrote:
It was debated a little bit the other day again, but they are Q rated tyres, good for 99mph.

That is scary on a 3.5 petrol, on a 2.5 ok, on a 2.8 maybe but on any 24 valve petrol its not good.

The speed rating isn't just to show at what speed the tyre will come to piece its also to show how strong the tyre is.  The load rating (109/112) gives the ultimate weight it can take as well.

The 3.5 will exert so much torque into the tyre when accelerating that it will over heat if driven like a loon, and thats how I used to drive and thats how most people drive the 3.5

And then we have the two other issues of having your insurance invalidated because the tyres aren't fit for purpose and it also been illegal not having a tyre fit for purpose.

If you submitted your car for a SVA it would fail.  Unless you lied like I did, but I don't think they would believe you with a 3.5.  I told them my Hilux Ssurf would only do 94 because the tyre were only rated to 99, he let it through but gave me a knowing smile.

You have to be carefull, its other people lives you could be messing with not just your own.

Andrew

huh??

these are a biased 80/20 totaly legal for the road

i dont drive like a loon, i got a family too consider, and after all said and done this is my family car

btw ahalton i do take other motorists and pedestrians into consideration this is why im a "proffessional driver" 4 different parts to my licence, in other words taken 4 different driving tests

i may of misread what you said, but pls dont class me like all the idiots that drive on our roads,

as for fit for purpose, actually they are, this is why they are E rated and tbh i dont know sva rulings but im almost sure these will pass there tests, as for the 99 rating, doesnt matter due to the fact with them on ill b lucky if ill sit on 70mph anyway might just toodle along at 65mph

but thanks for your concern

check out their website
http://www.insaturbo.com/e_index.html

taken from a reputable firm Paddock Spares
Insa Turbo Special Track

Insa Turbo's remould tyres are quite simply some of the best remoulds we have ever seen. Remoulded in Spain at Insa Turbo's large facilities these tyres meet the major European and American quality controls and are one of the most prized remould manufacturers in the world.

The Insa Turbo Special Track offers:

Traction and adherence in extreme conditions.
80% Off Road, 20% On Road.

Probably the best off road remould we supply.
ahalton

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 14:22    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

Your quite right you have misread what I said.

Yes the tyres are 100% road legal, totally fit for purpose if your car will not go above 99mph.

If it does, and I know you can't, but if the car can, then these tyres are not suitable and are not fit for purpose and are therefore against TUV regulations.

It would fail an SVA, that is the type approval of cars, that says whether a car is fit for the UK market.  With those tyre on your car it would not be fit for the UK market.

Please don't think I was calling you a loon, I was refering to most 3.5, they give it a bit of stick.

You wouldn't put a set of smaller brake disc and pads on the car just because they fitted, I don't see why you should put a set of tyres on that are not suitable.

If you just used them off road then it wouldn't be a problem, but on road its a different matter.

i don't want to get into some kind of arguement over this, I know the law and I'm happy to stick with it.  I was just pointing out that they are not suitable and just incase others were thinking of getting them, they should no the facts.

I put Mich Pilot Premacy HP's on mine, killed me at £135 each, but thats what Lexus say and they are speed and load rated correctly.  If I had bought cheaper I would still have had to go for the correct speed and load rating.

Andrew
D 5UPE

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like they have a canny bite.

Im not at Ridsdale this weekend Rolling Eyes Ive got Ice Hockey to go to.

Cya's next outing probably.
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I'm with Andrew on this one ... 'road legal' and 'fit for purpose' are two completely different things ... the standard tyres for a mini are 'road legal' but try to stretch a set on your Paj wheels and they're not 'fit for purpose' ...

Don't take Andrew's advice as a personal slight Phill ... he's offering genuine, good advice!

Simon
wiggletiger
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was always told that the speed rating on a tyre had to be greater than the speed capable by the car    Confused otherwise they were not legal for road use
ahalton

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 18:35    Post subject: POC Reply with quote

Have you had a glass too many at lunch Simon, agreeing with me  Confused

What have I done, what do you want, there must be something  Laughing

Andrew
cssuk

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to agree - yes legal, no not suitable for your vehicle specification (speed rating) and your open to a very large fine of 2.5k PER TYRE.. think about it you probably wont abuse them on road etc but it only needs a VOSA check or overzealous copper and your done for shown below the official wording on the law ...

Quote:
All tyres must have a service description (i.e. load and speed index)

If the vehicle was to operate outside the service description indicated on the sidewall e.g. at a higher speed or overloaded then the tyres would be deemed to be unsuitable for the use, and a prosecution would follow.
ahalton

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:53    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

The other thread running with nick getting stopped and a producer for non E marked tyres I think is conclusive proof that VOSA are clamping down.

Andrew
MALACHI
Events rep (North West)
Events rep (North West)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) WELL SPOKEN ANDREW!!!! 100% correct Smile
ahalton

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:53    Post subject: tyres Reply with quote

Morning lurker  Laughing

Finally found your keyboard again  Laughing  do you need any dodgy diesels fixing, the weathers cold enough for me to work outside for 20 hours  Evil or Very Mad

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: