2Gether Insurance 01945 585322

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Outwell Nebraska XL Vs Khyam rigidome ultimate?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suvvey

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 20:03    Post subject: Outwell Nebraska XL Vs Khyam rigidome ultimate? Reply with quote

Has anyone had experiance of the Outwell Nebraska XL tent?

I want to get the family into camping and had originally been after a caravan but even working for a caravan company hasn't produced a suitable 'van at an affordable price. So have decided to go for canvas instead.

I'm used to a living outdoors with less than the basics but some how I doubt the wife will 'survive' without a few creature comforts and I need the room to keep the kids at least at arms length Laughing

The Nebraska at first seems to be an excellent tent and is 'meant' to be extremely well made but after a bit of trawling through t'internet I've found a few forums that mention a large number of them leaking from the seams. When you are paying over £400 for a flagship model tent you don't expect leaks Shocked  Evil or Very Mad

I am hoping that these threads are a bit like the camping equivalant of our technical forums, one look at them and it would put you off ever buying a Paj but as we all know people only post with their problems, not to say 'I've never had any trouble with mine' Laughing

So I'm hoping someone out there will have had one of these or know someone who has and can put my mind at rest Rolling Eyes

Of course if they are all poo, then I suppose I ought to know that too Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 20:03    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can't help regarding the Nebraska, though the sewn-in ground sheet would put me off - I'd rather be able to bin a groundsheet and replace it - I would also imagine trying to dry out a large tent with a built-in groundsheet could be extremely difficult...and I also read somewhere that some sites won't allow them...

I researched tents pretty thouroughly last year, and decided to go for a tunnel tent: the Vario 5 version (with the front porch extension ) of this one: http://www.outdoor2go.co.uk/xcamping/index.php?cPath=1. - seemed to fit the bill and the budget....
I found Outdoor2go  very efficient and helpful, & the tent is great - really high and spacious, and the moveable front panel is easy to zip in and out, in 3  different locations, depending on the weather... and gives a huge area out of the rain ( Chillin' meet  Rolling Eyes  ) - or the sun..  and yet it's really light inside. ( better than a caravan in my opinion..) Wink

The finish of the tent is pretty good, and lots of thought has gone into the design, + it's good value for the price. - We did have a tiny drip along one seam over a window, ( in really really torrential rain)  but that stopped of it's own accord, and I have subsequently sprayed a little waterproofer on it, so it should be OK.

It doesn't have a built-in wardrobe - but we bought one for about £14. I reckon it's quite luxurious - I don't like being entirely 'back to nature'...We 'caravaned' in the past, but not often enough to justify the hassle of having a van sitting in the drive, or stored somewhere, plus depreciation, insurance, towing etc - so this tent is an excellent cheap alternative.

PS there's reviews on the site - of the Vario 5..

That's probably no help whatsoever... but may give food for thought ..  or confusion...  Confused  Laughing
Suvvey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have decided that I've read enough bad reviews of this tent to be warned off and have now decided on the khyam rigidome classic ultimate as it's a similar design but without the leaks Laughing . It's also a lot easier to pitch. The only downside is that it doesn't seem to have many windows so may be a bit dark when stuck inside in the rain Sad

If anyone knows about this tent again your views would be appreciated Very Happy
stoney

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy although everyones opinions differ somewhat, we had a look at the rigidome.....but after lots of research we went for the.......sunncamp aps 3006....or the aps 3006 plus giving 4mx3m or 4mx6m of living space not including 3 separate sleeping pods, it is pitched fly sheet first but it has steel poles on the outsides rather than lightweight flexis.....brilliant tent but the down side is the weight at around 60kg

jonnyb1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY son bought a tent from halfords last year for family holidays.....................He now has a caravan    nuff sed
Suvvey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but halfords tents usually have a hydrostatic head of 1500-2000 mm which is pretty poor for a serious tent. fine for occasional weekend use but not for any extended use.
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 20:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy wrote:
Sorry, can't help regarding the Nebraska, though the sewn-in ground sheet would put me off - I'd rather be able to bin a groundsheet and replace it - I would also imagine trying to dry out a large tent with a built-in groundsheet could be extremely difficult...and I also read somewhere that some sites won't allow them...

Please forgive my ignorance here Embarassed  but why dont some sites allow tents with built in groundsheets? And how would they know?

Probably really silly questions but I lay awake at night wondering about silly things and this would just add to it Laughing
PoCUK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've just bought a KHYAM XXL CLASSIC QE <-- Click to link

Possibly the easiest to put up tent I've ever seen!  Watch the video if you don't believe it!!!

We got this after finding out that a lot of camp sites seem to have a 21' pitch inthe high season ... our other tent is 6.7m x 7.7m ... this Khyam has a max length of 6.5m - 21'4'' - just in Cool It's really just a 6 berth (4+2), with the 4 berth end with a divider & seperate internal doors Cool

We've added an annexe for the side, a roof protector (dontknow) and a full length ground sheet / protector ... can't wait!

Looked at loads before deciding! Everything from folding campers to  'cheap & cheerful' - this seemed to tick all the right boxes Smile

As we already have a trailer, a trailer-tent seemed like a waste.

Simon
nick the nurse
Shining Star
Shining Star

Zodiac: Capricorn
Location: Wolstanton Newcastle Under Lyme Staffs a little sleepy Hamlet full of drunks and OLD PEOPLE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Thats not a tent thats the Millenium Dome  Wink  Laughing
Stu C
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the rain we"v had just recently try looking in local press might get your self a bargain at a fraction of the cost of new!Or maybe take the half way option of Trailer Tent,family get comfort your still under canvas Very Happy .Have noticed a lot of larger campsites are going anti tents Evil or Very Mad

Red! Wink  Wink
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:

Possibly the easiest to put up tent I've ever seen!  Watch the video if you don't believe it!!!

We got this after finding out that a lot of camp sites seem to have a 21' pitch inthe high season ... our other tent is 6.7m x 7.7m ... this Khyam has a max length of 6.5m - 21'4'' - just in Cool It's really just a 6 berth (4+2), with the 4 berth end with a divider & seperate internal doors Cool

We've added an annexe for the side, a roof protector (dontknow) and a full length ground sheet / protector ... can't wait!

Looked at loads before deciding! Everything from folding campers to  'cheap & cheerful' - this seemed to tick all the right boxes Smile

As we already have a trailer, a trailer-tent seemed like a waste.

Simon

Look forward to seeing you set it up at Mega Meet then Simon  Laughing   Laughing   Laughing
Daisy
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoCUK wrote:

Simon

Pleased to see that the guy in the vid has to have it stopped while he untangles the guy ropes...  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

Looks like quite a tent  Cool
No 1 Is Stevie Burr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wife & I recently bought an Outwell Hartford XL for £200. 3 "pods" sleeping 2 people, plus a big enough living space (we had 6 in there playing poker & still had room to move).

Although its got a sewn in ground sheet, we also bought a fitted groundsheet to go underneath to help protect it & also makes it easier when putting it away as the sewn in one doesn't get dirty or wet !!

Can be an a*se putting it up (about 45mins to an hour but we've only done it twice), but for 200 notes we thought it was a good deal. We also bought a fitted carpet for it (living space) which I thought was stupid, but once it was in there I changed my mind as its a brilliant idea & keeps your feet warm !

Most companies make extras now anyway such as canopies etc so just get one you're happy with.

Just my 2 bobs worth !
Maddadtel

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just come away from the tents and bought a 18 month old mansion on wheels, the tent we have is only 1 year old and in as new condition ( its a 12 berth, 4 bedroom Royale Montpellier 12 and really is fantastic, For sale at £250, thats half original cost and only used 4 times). My family are not keen to go back to tents after a holiday in Filey with 65mph winds.
staffbullste

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a khyam xxl excelsior exelent tent but i can now confirm that its no where near as easy to put up as the video makes out but i suppose its still easier than a normal tent Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Camping discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: