Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

All you wanted to know about fuses (edited for the FAQ)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 16:57    Post subject: All you wanted to know about fuses (edited for the FAQ) Reply with quote

Hi guys, please help, having just solved my electric aerial problem I appear to have blown a fuse to the radio (I have no power on the "hot at all times" input), according to Haynes it's fuse 19 (10A) and its location is described as the "Junction Block", anybody know where that is?.
The only fuses I have found are the ones just above the accelerator pedal and I can't get at them.

Please help

Cheers

Kevin
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 16:57    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, should have mentioned she's a 1995 2.8 TD SWB
Stuey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are more fuses in the engine bay. On the right hand side as you look towards the windscreen, under a black plastic cover. Might be in there?

You should be able to get at the other fuses though?

There are fuse diagrams available online here :
http://www.pocuk.com/faq/fuses.htm
Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Stuey, checked the ones under the bonnet and they are all O.K

How easy to get at the footwell fuses, I undid the 10mm nut at the bottom but the fuse box wouldn't shift and I can't reach to remove any of the fuses whilst it is in it's current position.

Kevin
Stuey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't need a spanner. Just pop the front of the fusebox off (pull the bottom edge of it toward you). No tools required... unless yours is different for some reason? Mine's a 1992 SWB so I would imagine it's the same as yours.

Apologies for the dirt Wink
Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture Stuey, my fuse box is identicle to yours but I seem to have a massive wiring loom just in front of it, makes getting at it very difficult. However I will pesevere and hopefully find the illusive "fuse 19", which I'm now totally convinced is blown as I have no courtesy light, no central locking and no reversing beep, all of which are closely related to Fuse 19.

Cheers

Kevin
SteveN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin

just poped out & had a look in the shogun, identical to stuey's photo, the cover to the fuse box has a diagram for identifying the fuses & the top right 10amp fuse is for the radio. Now this may maynot be No. 19 but according to haynes (don't hold me to it) fuse No 4 & 19 are in the same box. Exclamation Exclamation Twisted Evil

So get that lid off & check ALL the 10amp fuses (don't pull all the fuses, pull them one at a time & replace each when checked) sorry obvious I know, but better safe than sorry Smile

SteveN
Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, unfortunately my fuse box doesn't have a lid and therefore I don't have the first clue of which fuse is which, except for the info you have just given me, anyone out there got a copy of the picture on the fuse box lid, I would be most grateful

Cheers

Kevin
SteveN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin

Sent you an email

SteveN
Kevin_Smiff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I have replied to your email but I thought I would post a reply as well.
I have now resolved the fuse problem, thanks to everyone for their help, much appreciated

Kevin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Technical FAQ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: