Automotive handbooks / manuals

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Good Aberdeen 4x4 garage

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snappa

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:09    Post subject: Good Aberdeen 4x4 garage Reply with quote

hi
Anyone know of a decent garage in or around Aberdeen who deal in 4x4's and will understand the workings of the mighty Pajero?
If they do MOT's there all the better.

Looking to get a once over service before an MOT and don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:09    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

RurieLad

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 13:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont have any experience of town garages. I used Leylodge Motors at Kintore for my last service/MOT. Did a good job at a very reasonable price. I should have told them that I wanted to use Milners parts rather than Mitsi originals if anything was needed, so it did cost me a wee bit more.
Also got Drum Garage at Meikle Wartle (Inverurie) to sort out overheating (new fan blades and water pump!) Again reasonable price and have done a good job as was out at weekend towing twin axle caravan with no problems.
snappa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers for that, think I'll try your Kintore garage and say Ive had a recommendation.
Where do I find you if he charges me an arm and leg?
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 18:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing its true what they say about you aberdonians ,you all are that tight you get up in the middle of the night to make sure you are not lossing any sleep Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Wink
snappa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually sleep, I stay up counting my money and shoving it back in me mattress.
RurieLad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend all my money keeping the beast running!
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy hope to meet both of you at a club outing one day,good to see you have a sense of humour you need one on here Laughing  Laughing  thumbright
RurieLad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

RurieLad wrote:
I spend all my money keeping the beast running!

Thats the wife - the Paj is much cheaper to keep running! Very Happy
(she'll kill me if she sees this)
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked hen pecked at forty five Rolling Eyes join the club Laughing  Laughing
snappa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the Leylodge Motors near Kintore story.
THIS GARAGE IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!!!
Put the Paj in there yesterday and he had about 12 motors to be worked on. Went past 5 times yesterday and it never moved. Got load of moody yesterday afternoon about why it wasnt gonna be ready yesterday.
I won't bore you with it but the guy has lied, done things to the car that were fine before, not done others that I specifically asked him to do, put it through an MOT when he knew it was going to fail (this he admitted).
It's the old story of local garage taking on too much work and doing his mates cars first.
If I hadnt gone and got it today it would still be there until late this week I am convinced.
Phoned today to ask when it would be ready and got some old *beep* about 'major fuel leak' etc etc etc. When I looked down and saw nothing he said "well, it might be ok now."
Told him I wasnt happy and he walked off.
The classic came when I started the engine and ran it a few minutes to see this mythical 'major fuel leak' and water was pouring out the underneath. Opened the bonnet and one of the muppets hadnt put the rad cap back on properly. I had a 20 minute drive home and would have probably lost a lot of water on the way.
His line when he saw it? "Well it's a good job you noticed that!"

Unbelieveable.

ARGGHHHHHHHH
NORTHERNSNAPPER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Garage in Inverurie also total time waster - 7 weeks before I got fuel pump sorted - cost £850 - took 3 months before I paid. Best place is Jim King Autotune at Lethenty - 5 miles out on the Rothie road (or Oldmeldrum if you come from that side).  Jim does a bit of offroading & understands the truck - won't book you in if he can't do the job fairly quickly. Are you Simon or Karen?
RurieLad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

snappa - real sorry things didnt work out for you - I'll keep my trap shut in future. Had your truck actually been sorted before you took it away?
I definately wont be going back there now (my head gasket is likely on way out so I'll be needing a reliable garage in the near future) Looks like it will be Jim King for me.
snappa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not your fault Rurie you obviously got treated better than me. And I did ask.
What worries me is that he panicked when I said I needed the truck back now, and obviously a 'major fuel leak' sounds just the right side of dangerous so I would leave it.
I actually checked last night and there are a few spots of diesel on the drive which means either....
A/ He has simply splashed diesel in the engine bay to make it appear there is a leak. Or..
B/ More worringly he has actually done something to sabotage either the pump or filter or lines or something like that to make it leak.
There is diesel on the grille and top of engine so I think it is the 1st choice (I'm hoping anyway).
The sad thing is I phoned a guy I knew who deals in cars and asked if he knew a good garage and he offered one then said "they're good, but they're not cheap. Good garages are hard to find these days.." Sad eh?
I have actually done a few bits and pieces myself on the truck in the past but what with needing an MOT and me being busy I decided to let a garage do a service and MOT together to save time. Silly me.

Eh Northernsnapper? Who are you then?
RurieLad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I obviously landed lucky on my experience. It is definately a problem getting a good garage you can trust these days.
I would have hoped that deliberate sabotage wouldnt happen in a country garage in this part of the world. Maybe I need to reassess my faith in people.

Northernsnapper - which garage in Inverurie are you talking about with your fuel pump probs? You can probably guess from my name that Im local!
kylecollie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile morning chuckters ,you should join heads and find a decent garage you can all go to ,sorry to hear about all your hassle,hope its sorted soon Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Garages / Mechanics / Servicing Agents All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: