Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Steering wheel not straight after Pitman arm been done.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Funky paj
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 16:36    Post subject: Steering wheel not straight after Pitman arm been done. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Had the pitman arm replaced under the mitsubishi recall on my '96 Lwb 2.8td earlier today. Upon driving home i noticed that the steering wheel is pointing to about 10 o'clock when driving in a straight line.
I took it Back to Ryders Mitsubishi In Liverpool, and they say that the arm has been replaced correctly as the line markings are in the correct positions, and is up to me to rectify.

Surely they are responsible to return the car back to me in the condition i gave it to them ?.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 16:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

Harry2006

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be back to the garage with it mate!!...Its not unreasonable to expect to get your car back the way Mitsubishi intended it to be...with a correctly positioned steering wheel!! Wink

Try parking it across their workshop door 'til its fixed!!!  Or throttle the service manager, but don't take their shee-ite Cool
BAND1T
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would seem that you are not the first person this has happened to .

when mine was done last week told them to make sure steering wheel was straight before it went into workshop and if it hadnt been i would have been parking it inside showroom until they sorted it  Shocked

seems that some dealers have refused to do anything about this and some members have just decided to remove wheel and put it back on straight themselves Rolling Eyes
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

try them again, if not 2 min job if your this way
Monkey Hanger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see that some things never change!

Exactly the same happened to me about 4 years ago and I noticed it immediately. Straight round the first roundabout, back to the garage, straight into the workshop and sorted in less than 5 minutes with a grovelling apology and a cup of tea which I didn't even have time to drink.

You can't beat having your son-in-law own a Mitsubishi dealership!
Ferino

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funkypaj

Being a Scouser, that doesn't surprise me at all!
That's why I posted 'recall Liverpool area' and am going to have mine done in Stoke!

Ferino
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 0:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to raise this one from the dim and distant past - but I had the Pitman done today, and it is definitely pulling left.  Dealer said that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to have had an effect on the steering.  Strange how this wasnt there before.  Has anyone else had a definitive answer on this at all?  They did mention that they had lined everything up with the "marks on the car" - but that is all gobbledegook to me!
waynec
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 0:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike996 wrote:
Sorry to raise this one from the dim and distant past - but I had the Pitman done today, and it is definitely pulling left.  Dealer said that it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to have had an effect on the steering.  Strange how this wasnt there before.  Has anyone else had a definitive answer on this at all?  They did mention that they had lined everything up with the "marks on the car" - but that is all gobbledegook to me!

Mike,

If they only swoped your pitman arm over it would not cause the trunk to start pulling to the left.
What they mean by "Lining it up with the car" is there is a line on the Pitman arm and a line on the spline coming out of the steering box - all you do is line them up together, sometimes steering wheels go out of align when this is done, maybe they'v changed before and not put on right???
Mike996
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks waynec - makes sense the way you put it - just a case of getting used to it - it is not too far out though!

Thanks for your reply - much appreciated!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: