Help the Club - Click to Buy!

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Winter Pack Q&A

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAT.A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Winter Pack and 2 Batteries Reply with quote

Hi All,
I read in a posting the other day (which I cannot find now) that MK II 2.5 LWB Pajeros that are fitted with 2 batteries are fitted with the "Winter Pack"
if this is true  what is the winter pack??

I see lots of postings about it, but nothing as to what it relates to.   Suppose I should ask how I would check Wink

Also how do I know if I have limmited slip diffs on the front wheels?  There are two large black hubs on the front.

Cheers all.
Mat
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 22:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

fmiles

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has the winter pack, but for the life of me cant see how to turn the heated screen or mirrors on.. Is it possible it doesnt have those options, or are they just 'hidden'?
Richie
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having two batteries alone isn't the winter pack, it is just to help the starting in the cold Northen Mountains of Japan.

Front axles don't have limited slip diffs, not all rear ones have them, but, a red sticker on teh drivers door slam, normaly identifies this as LSD.

Heated mirrors, option, and you would have a switch with picture of mirror on the dash or down by the gear selector.
rollazuki

Zodiac: Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 batteries, heated wiper seats(switch on dash), heated mirrors(on with heated rear screen), 2 heaters, lots(lots and lots) of insulation in footwells, under floor etc. limited slip rear diff..

Oh, and red/orange sticker on rear door and drivers door shut area.
CupCake

Zodiac: Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm no expert, but from what I know, my Paj has winter pack fitted which includes:

2 batteries
2 heaters
heated front screen
heated mirrors
2" body lift

There is an orange/red sticker to the right of the spare wheel on the rear door which indicates Winter Pack option is fitted. But not all are the same. The heated front screen is only an inch (ish) black strip across the bottom of the screen where the wipers sit and there is usually a switch to the left of the steering column on the dash panel that turns it on. Not all have this option and some may not have it if screen has been replaced.

My heated mirrors come on with the heated rear screen - but again, I don't think all have this option as part of the Winter Pack.

2 batteries doesn't necessarily indicate Winter Pack is fitted - as Richie said so won't labour that point.

Don't know if all come with the 2" body lift either - but mine does. Got a feeling 2.5 TD doesn't but I could be way off here. I'm sure someone with much better knowledge than me will shoot me down in flames now!

The red sticker on the drivers side door slam is for rear LSD not Winter Pack and again, not all have this either.

As many have pointed out many moons before I got into the Paj scene, no two Pajero's are ever the same. I found out by reading some excellent info on this forum and from just having a play with all the buttons, switches and things and having a good crawl around under and over the truck - seemed the best way for me to get to know him (yes mine's a 'him' not a 'her'!)

HTH.
tony

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

winter pack is normally indicated by a sticker on back door lower right side with jap writing and what looks like a snow flake on it!
Minger Nick

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re two batteries - I don't think this has anything to do with the winter pack...

I had an S reg Hilux (basic model) for work which had two batteries.

As far as I know it was just a phase Jap manufactures went through for large diesel engines... one bat ran the main electrics and the other was solely for the starter motor. Both are 12v circuits.

On my Paj (94 2.8dt swb) the battery closest to the bulkhead powers the starter and the other runs the electrics.

I wasn't aware that my paj may have a winter pack untill Bubblegtt pointed it out last night!  Rolling Eyes

As far as i can see I have the sticker on the back door (no iceicle pic), front screen heater and a body lift. I have no additional switches for heated seats or mirrors so I guess I do not have these unless they come on with one of the other switches.
Minger Nick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have this orange sticker inside the driver's side door... does this mean I have LSD? ... can't say I have noticed it working!
Minger Nick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from mat.a.

Quote:
Also how do I know if I have limmited slip diffs on the front wheels?  There are two large black hubs on the front.

Are these not freewheeling hubs?
Tazman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minger Nick - that switch is for the heated rear screen, at least on mine it is?
Minger Nick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Minger Nick - that switch is for the heated rear screen, at least on mine it is?

Oh... perhaps its this one then? (in the middle) ...I haven't used either yet.
Tazman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats looks like a heated front screen, but where is your rear wash wipe? that switch location is my rear wash wipe!!
Baddoo
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

rear wash wipe is most likely on the wiper stalk, a button on the end. the first switch on the left is probably for putting the aerial at half mast (mine doesnt have it) and the one in the middle for heated screen.
Minger Nick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my rear window wipe controls are on the lefthand 'strearing stick'

Left of the many lines (which adjust the front wiper speed)...

Off - intermitant - on... then press the button at the end to 'squirt'... though it does not work on mine!
andyparks
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 15:46    Post subject: winter pack Reply with quote

hi all
i have a 1994 SWB 2.8td with winter pack
2 batteries
heated front screen
heated mirrors come on with heated rear screen
body lift
got the orange sticker on the rear door and have a red sticker in the drivers door shut
i take it the red sticker in the drivers door shut means it fitted with a LSD
andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: