QuoteSeek comparison service

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

Winter Pack Q&A

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtistsRifles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Across the bottom of the windscreen - where the wiper blades rest in the "parked" position.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 23:33    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

mud

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 23:41    Post subject: Got one! Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a 95 2.8 SWB AUTO winter spec car. It has:

Heated mirrors

Heated screen (lower part)

A Limited slip diff

Switchable suspension, which appears taller than normal

Digital climate control front and rear

An uprated 90 amp alternator

Twin batteries

An insulated body, which is much quieter than standard.

I am told that the starter and glow plug curcuit are both heavier duty that standard, but I can't see much difference. The suspension is taller standard than Tiny Tim's paj after he fitted a Procomp lift kit! It has the sticker on the back, and the red one on the door pillar.

Cheers Mud Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mud,
Was yours the blue one on the last Ridgeway run?
Parked next to mine in the car park photo?
tellyman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 0:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crackers wrote:
Um - Keen to know the answer to this myself? Did a quick search and best advice I could find was here: http://www.pocuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3080&highlight=heated+screen

Anyone out there able to give a definative answer based on real experience?

these replys said it all I needed a new screen autoglass came to fit it in my garage. I was told they did not have the heated screen inport type in stock but would get it for me. Decided I dont need this option or the delay ect so had one with the correct tint fitted. Now if the screen was a heated one like fords then I would have wanted like for like. Note make sure they seal the trim, top of window with silicone or i will rattle at 50 mph this happened to me drove me mad untill i posted and was pointed in the right direction.
looneyarcher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad It means look out Toyota Drivers Samauri Sword Under Passenger seat
Wychfire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

vkrider wrote:
"...the small red sticker on the rear door is an indication that the body model is not standard. It does not mean that the model is a winter body, as it could be one of a type. The Sticker on the winter body has at the beginning of the Japanese text an icon of frost. If it has this then it is the winter body, however, this does not mean that it equiped with the WINTER PACK, this is something different..."

Mine does have the red sticker on the rear door, but no frost icon (assume that would be a snowflake?)

It's fitted with
- front windscreen de-icer
- heated rear side windows (does anyone else have these??? - seem a bit pointless...)
- two heaters (assuming this means the one under the back seat - tho think this is standard anyway with independent rear aircon)
- heated mirrors
- heated seats
- oil pressure and voltmeter gauges

Single battery (tho from what's been said assume this might be because it's petrol) and don't know about extra insulation - where and what do you look for?

It appears to have a suspension lift - - perhaps someone could post measurements of what the standard distance is between the centre point of the front and rear wheels and the above edge of the respective wheel arch?

Cheers

Jez
mud

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 15:56    Post subject: nope! Reply with quote

Hi Tim,
It wasn't mine in the picture. I am yet to attend any POCUK events in her. However I think I have passed yours on the road some time ago, i was in Epsom but in the misses' ford focus so no wonder you didn't wave! My paj is dark green over silver, but it does look blue in some lights.

Cheers Mud Smile
astra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wychfire wrote:
...It appears to have a suspension lift - - perhaps someone could post measurements of what the standard distance is between the centre point of the front and rear wheels and the above edge of the respective wheel arch?

Cheers

Jez

there is a definate height difference between my old delica exceed and my royal with a winter pack, only a bit, but a noticable bit if you get what i mean? lol
Wychfire

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 16:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Astra! yeah, I do get what you mean! Laughing

But unfortunately I've never had a Paj before and the oversize wheels & tyres make it kinda hard to judge by eye Wink even against other Pajeros!

So if anyone out there's got a measuring tape...! Exclamation Very Happy

Jez
vkrider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

heated rear side windows (does anyone else have these??? - seem a bit pointless...)

Hi Wychfire
Are you sure that the rear side windows are heated, There is an element that runs around the window but this is normaly a secondary antenna, if it is an antenna and you are still useing the Paj radio with a transponder in the system check that the lead from the secondary antenna has been unplugged as this can interfere with reception that is being picked up by the transponder. If however it is a de-mist element then this is one that I have not seen before.
turnaroundtom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 21:46    Post subject: red sticker Reply with quote

I have 2batteries 700amps beat that
Wychfire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey vkrider - seems like you're probably right, had a closer look this evening and there's only one connection wire, I'd have expected two for a heater element.

Why have a secondary antenna though? Does it work in tandem with the leccy aerial or is it as some kind of back-up? And should it always be disconnected in the UK if it can interfere with reception?

I'd still be very curious to know what the standard suspension height is, so just in case anyone else could perhaps measure the standard wheel centre to wheel arch distance, I measured mine tonight (ahem, no sniggering at the back there! Embarassed Very Happy)

Rear: 55cm - Front: 53cm

As illustrated on this rare prototype for a Hummer-Pajero: Wink

Cheers

Jez
Metnav1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 18:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wychfire,
I measured mine for you.

55cm Front
59cm Rear

Mine is also the Winter body
Wychfire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metnav1 - thanks for that m8.

That's a surprise, mine always looks higher than it should be. Confused I was even wondering if the gap between the wheels and arches might look too wide if I fitted more normal size tyres.

Be very interested to hear from anyone who has the standard lift what their measurements are? Question Question Question

With all these variations we've got it seems like there's no such thing as a 'standard' Pajero! Smile

Cheers

Jez
turnaroundtom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 19:14    Post subject: wheel to arch measurments Reply with quote

hi folks i measured mine and read 46cm front 53cm rear and i thought mine was sitting higher than it should
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners ClubŪ Forum Index -> Pajero / Shogun / etc - non-technical All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: