Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

LSD diff oil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTJackal

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazer34 wrote:
sorry to butt in,but whats a LSD ???  Rolling Eyes

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide .... man.... shaking2

Carlos.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:53    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

bobthegolf
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mate but GL5 80/90 is not an LSD oil try and get the castrol one shown (Hypoy) above, they do two types of lsd oil one is for racing lsd and the one above which i would recommend is the one for normal road/offroad use. Wink
REVOGEL
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Aries

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTJackal wrote:
mazer34 wrote:
sorry to butt in,but whats a LSD ???  Rolling Eyes

Lysergic Acid Diethylamide .... man.... shaking2

Carlos.

HEY MAN you don't remember the 50s/60s to eh! man ooow!!!
Tonyt

Zodiac: Leo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, is this OK from Comma? It is LSD oil, just bought 3 litres to replace the diff oil tomorow, but wanted to check!

LS80W-90 Limited Slip Gear Oil

High quality, mineral based, extreme pressure gear oil with friction-modifier for smooth operation of limited slip differentials

Service Classification: API GL5
windsurf 1

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All, I might have sent this post twice? Panic stations in the fact that my rear LSD diff has been topped up with OEP 80/90 b*****!! yes it is an LSD, marked on the level plug and red sticker in the drivers door frame. A tos*er of a mechinic! Fortunately, I hope, the vehicle has only covered less than 5 miles since the top up. So what damage could have been caused and will it need flushing before adding the correct 3 litres of oil? Please put me out of my misery, I can't sleep. Cheers John C
taxidriver50005

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont think you should have any problems but change as soon as po Rolling Eyes ssible
windsurf 1

Zodiac: Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Taxidriver 50005 for the reply but as soon as I realised my c**kup I  drained and flushed and replenished with the correct oil. Consensus of opinion from owners is that unless I had been doing some serious 'off roading' and spun one rear wheel thereby engaging the LSD it was very doubtful that I would have caused any damage. Cheers J C
paul_c2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently if non-LSD oil is in, all it does it allows the LSD clutches to slip, instead of grip. Whether this wears them out more, or simply means that it doesn't work as it should (but performance returns when the correct oil is used), I don't know.
Si7

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note in this thread, appears quite critical to use LSD oil if you need it. I've had an awful noise from the rear when pulling away on lock ever since I've had the Pajero, almost as bad as axle tramp, properly nasty, looking rearwards out of the window I could clearly see the inside wheel physically shuddering around yet all bushes were fine, axle links & panhard rod. Drained the diff oil out today, pure golden yellow oil, definately not original - it's been changed at some point in the not too distant past... (I've only had it a few months) Refilled with 3 litres of Gulf LSD oil @ £4 litre - TRANSFORMATION, no tramping, no shuddering or shimmying around, can't believe it's the same car! It's cleary been filled with standard hypoy oil during a past service. Best £12 I've ever spent.  Very Happy
icomefromlanddownunder

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

run nulon diff oil in the old girl, keeps the diff nice and tight

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Full_Synthetic_80W-140_Heavy_Duty_Limited_Slip_Differential_Oil/
farrris

Zodiac: Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

front Differential can use LSD oil ? what about transfer box ? but, the rear axle use LSD oil ? Pajero V6 3L
richiepajero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.
this thread may just have answered a niggle I have had since owning mine,
every time i pull away medium to fast I get a shudder and it feels like the rear diff trying to get traction,
I topped it up with normal diff oil and it is very slightly better but I wasn't sure what oil it needed so hopefully it's not damaged and if i put the correct oil in for the lsd it'll be cured, its got lsd on a sticker which some numpty had sprayed over and I didn't see it until I sanded it off after putting oil in!
is there a way to get the oil all out or will just a drain overnight and refil be ok?
I take it the front diff and transfer box are ok with just the normal gear oil? I think it's 80/90 or something but it was sold to me for the pajero, they obviously didn't realise it's a lsd! thanks guys
richiepajero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Si7 wrote:
Just a quick note in this thread, appears quite critical to use LSD oil if you need it. I've had an awful noise from the rear when pulling away on lock ever since I've had the Pajero, almost as bad as axle tramp, properly nasty, looking rearwards out of the window I could clearly see the inside wheel physically shuddering around yet all bushes were fine, axle links & panhard rod. Drained the diff oil out today, pure golden yellow oil, definately not original - it's been changed at some point in the not too distant past... (I've only had it a few months) Refilled with 3 litres of Gulf LSD oil @ £4 litre - TRANSFORMATION, no tramping, no shuddering or shimmying around, can't believe it's the same car! It's cleary been filled with standard hypoy oil during a past service. Best £12 I've ever spent.  Very Happy

may I ask where you got the gulf lsd from ?
durhamgundogs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do i know if i have a lsd or not 2.5 pajero exceed 1992
richiepajero

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

they have a sticker with lsd on unless like mine some div has painted over it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> Oils, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: