eBid - Buy and Sell online

The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club®
The Mitsubishi Pajero, Shogun, Montero, Challenger, Raider and EVO 4x4 Owner's Club

The POCUK - it's not just a Club, it's a way of life!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
Click here to link to the Pajero Owners Club UK FaceBook Group!POCUK FaceBook Group  POCUK home pagePOCUK Home  POCUK ForumsPOCUK Forums  CalendarCalendar

mmcs sat nav changing of

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leee

Zodiac: Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 20:35    Post subject: mmcs sat nav changing of Reply with quote

right then,
get ready
go!

i have a pajero 3.2did exceed 2000, it has the lcd sat nav etc from japan, none of it any good, all works but, no good to me anyhows. so i was thinking at using the lcd for something else, but it uses rgb composite input things, and you cant just plug into it.

so i was thinking of buying the mitsubishi w142 head unit (off that site), as it has the same plug inputs as my imported model.  but does anyone know which display unit it uses? there could probably be more than one.

then i can buy the display to match if mine doesnt already.

now i know some are going to say, "get some proper stuff innit", i already have a jvc in the car, but i like it to look standard, and these units are cheap enough off that site.

regards lee.e
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 20:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep the POCUK free to join!

leee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

No response yet off anybody so went ahead and spent many a night on google,

went to that site and kept my eye open for certain mitsi ice bits.  found someone selling ph4500a radio unit, so i bought it, for about the cost of a band expander ...

it arrived to day and some small mods to fit it, nothing much.  then turned it on and nothing on the lcd and nothing on the radio, so i was forced to boot up the firmware using the cd that was with the paj when purchased.  so now i have the screen all working albeit in japanese with a uk spec head unit, all our frequencies can be heard but are display in the wrong bands on the lcd, also showing wrong time, i beleive although the time is set by satilite that the firmware program alters the base time to that of the country of origin.

when i took my satnav to the usa it picked the time but converted it back to uk time. and also the same for the radio frequencies and output languages to the display.

although i am not really interested in getting the sat nav working i thought this was worth a mention

a lot of people say that the japanese use radio signals or road side beacons for their satnavs, well with some digging i have found out that their vics system is similar to out traffic master, just there to help the sat nav beat the jams.  i do beleive that in japan they use the american gps just like the rest of us.

so my hunt is now on firtsly for the disc uk equivalent for the ph4500a, then if this doesnt work then a uk source cd rom unit to replace the jap one from under the passenger seat as this may also have a bearing on the language.

any help with this project is most appreciated.

on a side note i will be keeping my eye out for a uk w142 cd player as i think this will also run the display, but yet to prove.

regards lee.e
elalme

Zodiac: Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 23:30    Post subject: MMCS Not working Reply with quote

I have been serching every information on the Mitsu MMCS system   I bought a 2000  turbo diesel 3.2 Jap Pajero 2 door is the most capable 4wd  vehicle on earth as I plan to demonstrade in our mile hile sand dunes desserts.

The only problem is that the previos owner had the entire accesory systems stolen when they were repaired  the touchscreen was showing the next message. I am trying to repair it so any information is very useful......

I would like to explore hacking this device so every information is useful, I have the garmin maps of entire south america and I would like to make them work in the MMCS.

Lee do you know where I can find those recovery disk for the system?
leee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there

i had this message on the lcd screen when i had my paj, i beleive this message is showing because the original jap radio is not installed in the car, however the cd player/nav unit under the passenger seat is more than likely still there, as if this was missing then the lcd would not show anything.

so firstly if you do have the original radio in the paj then its possible that the white connector is not inserted into the back of the radio.  

secondly if you dont have the original radio or compatable then you would not have any luck getting the screen to work.

i have a spare japanese radio and i am willing to swap it with you for the tv tuner that may be your car, i know on the lwb it is mainly sited in the boot area on the swb then i wouldnt know, but it would have several rca inputs on it.  again if your willing to swap then i'm all ears.

also with the radio i would send you the boot up disk associated with the unit.

let me know either way

as yet i have had no luck converting to english but it has a tape deck  Embarassed and will play cd's from under the seat. and most of the screens are easy enough to understand.
elalme

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 18:07    Post subject: MMCS Not working Reply with quote

Thanx for the response, i disasemble the unit under de driverside, i found that the type is MR 359980 so i am looking for this type of disk.
Youre right about the radio, I has a Kenwood Head unit, not the original.

You said that without the original doesnt work? or I coud try conecting the Kenwood unit to the MMCS?

I was looking for the TV tunner , i saw pictures of one in the internet, but dont now where i might be located, mine is a 2 door model, i look in the boot but no luck, i triy mooving the rear-seats and see underneath, i  hope they havent stolen it....

This is the back of mi mmcs unit and i think some conection is missing, it has 2 round pin cables conectes plus a square one in the lower left of the box that I think is the power.
There are 2 square ones in the middle that have nothing on it.

any helps?
leee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 18:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

take a look at  the picture of the radio above/below its a mitsubishi radio, see the buttons at the top of the unit,

dotdot  dashdash dotdot (i hope you understand)

these buttons line up with the on screen buttons, so if you did use another radio you wouldn't be able to use it, also there is an extra plug/socket on the back of the original radio to issue commands from the radio to the mmcs, such as selections reset trip comp, etc, also on the original radio is a disp button which changes the display between trip comp, ice, climate control and compass/temp screen.

if you want to use the system you have to have the screen,radio and cd player connected, so if you do want my radio your going to have to look harder for that tuner,
leee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

something i forgot,  this system allows you to connect minidiscs and mulitchangers etc to your setup, i beleive the extra round plug on the back of you unit is for this feature
leee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

and another thing, if your system does not have the minidisc or changer and the 2 round plugs are occupied then follow the leads, 1 will definatly go to behind the front dash about behind the radio, the other may lead you to tv tuner

happy hunting
leee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then for those interested heres an update

radio ph4500 fitted and working but screen still in japanese

i then bought a navi unit from a uk spec space wagon, i know the screen is the same width but has less height. the navi unit unit also came with the map cd, which also doubles as the reboot.

i have fitted the navi unit to the car, and started it up, the first words on the screen  "navigation system" please insert cd.

after inserting the cd a message appeared, program loading, then i went for a cup of tea.  couldn't beleive my eyes when i came back, its all booted up and loaded, showing the radio station screen with radio 1 on the display and showing the right frequencies.

if i altered the climate control then it would show on the screen again in english.  plays tapes and cd's from the navi unit, and again all in english.  

the only slight drawback with this is that the screen is not being used to its full potential, there is a narrow band top and bottom of the screen where the display doesnt show any graphics. what ever the background colour is is pushed to these areas so it looks fine, but i think i would rather loose some picture top and bottom but have english on the screen.

the sats are picking up and navi working but with a hitch, i will explain in a little while.  when going to the navi screen i can select a destination and the navi unit calculates the route, unfortunatly the unit i bought gives the route in a series of arrows.  however, now the hitch, when i checked the long and lat against a tomtom it was a few minutes out, so with a check on google earth i have found that the actual position in relation to the gps position is about 0.5miles out as the crow flies.  not so good for trying to navigate.

i think the reason for this is the firmware that is loaded into the navi unit is using a driver for a similar yet different type of gps receiver.  the same thing i think for the outside temp, the jap version was showing temp no problem but now the temp is showing    --C  so again maybe the space wagon and pajero temp probes are not compatable.

compass works a treat now, where as before it was all over the place.  also the clock  shows a hour fast at start up, but within a minute it reverts back to the correct time.  this must be the daylight saving feature, this should not happen i think after the clocks go forward in march.

how to get round this, well i have improved the sat nav position by about 6000miles so far but maybe the last half mile will be the hardest.  what i'm thinking is rebooting the navi unit with the cd from a similar unit in a shogun (if anyone can help there that would be great) or i find out where the gps receiver is in the pajero and change it with one from a uk space wagon.  same could be done with the temp probe.

i have said in the past that im not to bothered about the sat nav, i can still integrate a rca to rgb converter and put in my own sat nav. at the moment i dont know the way forward. still rubbing my chin and wondering where it will end. but the bits in and i cant seem to let go.

So if anyone can help with the cd from a shogun that would be great, any other help with the project fab, need any info, i'll try my best.

regards to everyone on their quest to conquor the MMCS

now i will attempt to load some photos in, this will be trial and error for me, so be patient
leee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double click on a thumbnail for a link to a larger picture

thanks to mrsgrumpy who doesnt live up to her name. Very Happy
mrsgrumpy

Zodiac: Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

... See the problem ... as to why you seem to be talking to yourself ... is ....

The majority of us have MK1 and MKII ... and can't afford the posh 3.2's .... with the posh and fancy LCD's   Embarassed  Laughing

am I starting to sound grumpy now ....  Wink  Laughing  Laughing

hence the lack of responses ... but hey, the more info you give us, the more we can learn ... we do appreciate it ...  isn't that right?  Embarassed  Very Happy
leee

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i had an older one then i wouln'd be so bothered about off roading it, as im still a virgin in that area.  Shocked  

the info posted is for the posh people like myself who get frustrated at the standard rip it out remarks, but they are getting older so you may have one soon.    Wink
Turvey
LifeTime Member
LifeTime Member

Zodiac: Pisces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

leee wrote:
I wish i had an older one  as im still a virgin   Shocked  

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Seriously mate, well done on what you've done so far Wink  thumbright
elalme

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 22:45    Post subject: MMCS more information.... Reply with quote

Congratulation Lee, I see you are going strong with the conquest of the MMCS, well so this may help you, I found this link to several types of  mirros images of  reboot CDs, alse there is a list of the compatible models with the type of disk.
This is where I dowloaded mine(???), of course I am still lackin the radio unit  Crying or Very sad  

It is in russian but if you take a crash course....jajaja Razz   no just enter this webpage (???)  and paste the link above to see magic ....

I also found out I guy in Iquique, Chile that has a reboot CD to change it in english that is for a later legnum model but maybe worth try.

This weekend I will be hunting for my missing parts and the potential of my MMCS unit.

cheers
PD Sorry tha forums doesn allow me to post URLs
stibbs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
did u get anywhere with the mmcs ?
just bought a swb 3.2 with the mmcs built in but in jap  Crying or Very sad

any info would be helpfull

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mitsubishi Pajero Owners Club® Forum Index -> ICE / Radio / Sat-Nav / Alarms / Key Fobs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: